Thread: Kungfu in Seoul, South Korea

Kungfu in Seoul, South Korea

Hi,
    i know there is kungfu in korea but im struggling to find a class!
    I just got here and want to find a place to train/new class...i know there is wing chun here, but what about other styles..anyone heard of a class in seoul?

Quote Originally Posted by Llynne View Post
    Hi,
    i know there is kungfu in korea but im struggling to find a class!
    I just got here and want to find a place to train/new class...i know there is wing chun here, but what about other styles..anyone heard of a class in seoul?
    Master Lee De Jiang (Lee Duk Kang) is the man to see in Seoul. He teaches Mantis and Long Fist.

Korea's Chinese WuShu Association
    4F 12-2 DaeHungDohng, MahPohGoo,
    Seoul 121-080 Korea.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

cool thankyou!
    do you know if he takes foreign students? /directions to this place?

Quote Originally Posted by Llynne View Post
    cool thankyou!
    do you know if he takes foreign students? /directions to this place?
    Check your Private Messages.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

another interested foreigner

I am also interested in studying kung fu in Korea. I studied Shaolin kung fu for maybe a year, about 10 years ago.

Llynne, did you ever make it to that place? How is it for a foreigner? It is kind of far away from where I live, are there weekend classes?

I am beginning a taekwondo course tomorrow, for lack of any other options locally. Is it inadvisable to try and study both? I really liked kung fu and would like to get back into it, however limited my time is.

What type of kung fu are you looking for?

I run several Wing Chun classes in Seoul, Mapo (line no.5) You are more than welcome to drop in and join in a class to see if it's what you are after.

Classes are held in both Korean and English.

For more information check out the website : )

http://cafe.naver.com/reganwingchun

or www.facebook.com/wingchunsoul

Teoul Moon Kung Fu

Check out GM Yim Hon Suk,

He teaches Teoul Moon in Sang Tan (45 minutes south) and has a Chi Gong studio in Seoul.

Teoul Moon covers Hung Gar, mantis as well as a varity of weapons.

I spent 6 months with GM Yim and now that I am in Okinawa I continue to practice.

If anything he is worth checking out.
    My leg being bionic is a reminder that arogance does not come without a price.

"Keep your skills quiet until it is absolutely necessary to reveal them. And when that time comes, be a divine defender of Buddha." -Gene Ching-... -and "slap them silly."

Sorry BTW his sight is teoulmoon.com that should also answer your questions.
    My leg being bionic is a reminder that arogance does not come without a price.

"Keep your skills quiet until it is absolutely necessary to reveal them. And when that time comes, be a divine defender of Buddha." -Gene Ching-... -and "slap them silly."