Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Deadliest Warrior

***spoiler alert***

Sun Tzu actually didn't do so well against ol' Vlad.

The show's brainless fun . The winner is dependent on which group of historic 'experts' better chooses their weapons and how well they demonstrate them. Though occasionally they will pair mismatches.

Like I said, it's all about the videogame

When you think about it, it's really a game developer's fantasy show.
    Deadliest Warrior DLC available now, adds three characters and new mode
    by Griffin McElroy on Feb 25th 2011 5:00AM

Have you mastered the art of dismemberment on all of Deadliest Warrior's anachronistic fighters? A DLC pack for the game released today has added a handful of new combatants for you to master, including the Rajput, Zande and Shaolin Monk -- three archetypes from the television series that were chosen for the game in an online fan poll.

The pack also includes a medium-range taunt for each of the game's original eight fighters, and a new mode, Skirmish, which lets two players choose four of their favorite combatants and fight the opponent's picks sequentially. The first person to clear out the other player's roster wins, which sounds like a pretty clever way to lengthen the game's typically seconds-long encounters.

The pack is available now for 400 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Marketplace, and $4.99 on the PlayStation Store.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

ya i saw an add on my xbox live for that game, they featured the Shaolin Monk in the picture add...makes me want to try it out to see how good they did.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    ***spoiler alert***

Sun Tzu actually didn't do so well against ol' Vlad.
    did they actually fight a duel in the scenario or was it army vs army?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Lucas:
    It was a one-on-one duel. I don't remember any armies in the final comparison/scenario, but it's been awhile since I saw it.

Mexican Bawang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPmfQ...eature=related

Truth is more interesting than fiction

I liked it!

Spike is goofy. But meh, it's better than the view even when it is so omniwrong.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

like the tiger poster.

tidy up the sheet on your bed, bro.

show us some moves of your own, instead of mumbling and mumbling

--

Most of that show was bull crap, so why not that part? Like the Apache Indian segment. Another bs show. Entertainment.
    Jackie Lee

just got around to watching this show. watched several episodes over the last few days. pretty neat. i like how the native americans won both of their encounters haha. apache takes down roman gladiator, and comanche takes out the mongol. haha and all with rocks, wood, a tiny bit of iron and zero armor.

own

whoop whoop!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    did they actually fight a duel in the scenario or was it army vs army?
    They... did... a 1-on-1 duel between Vlad the Impaler and Sunzi?!?!?!

O.o

Sunzi - the name ascribed to what was probably more than one warring states / spring autumn period general operating in a cohesive oral tradition?!?

An agregate literary personality against the historical effing template for dracula!?!?!?!?!?!?

Jumped

the

Shark.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

lol ya i havnt seen that one yet...the comanche war spear is bad ass tho i want one. and that one comanche guy shot 3 arrows at once and hit a target with 2 of them from horseback. he didnt miss one shot either from horseback on stationary or moving targets.

but what impressed me the most was the apache knife fighting skills. that one guy killed 3 people in like 1/3 of a second or soemthing crazy like that lol

now THATS real life applicable

i was kind of suprised that the shaolin won over the maori, simply based on the weapons they chose to bring to the table.

they chose

double hook swords

emei piercers

staff

whip chain

i would have chosen

double hook

broadsword

spear

chain whip

however with their selection, theyy did win like 62% or so of the scenarios...i imagine with a sword and spear they would have won even more. it really came down to steel vs rock and wood...not much of a competition when u look at the technologies.