Thread: Emei Shaolin Temple

Emei Shaolin Temple

Hello

These days I am carrying out a study on the history of the style Ngo Mei Siu Lam Kung Fu that I practice for three decades. It comes from the Monastery Shaolin of the Montaņa O Mei (Emei), but I find very little information in this respect. Most of studious of the topic tells me that any monastery shaolin didn't exist there, but in some internet places it is spoken of its existence. Could they talk me a little about the topic?

Thank you

Hi What kind of Forms does your Ngo Mei Siu Lam have ? Pak Me White Eyebrow was ounce known as Ngo Mei Siu Lam .

Shaolin has many subsidiary temples

The subsidiary temples are called xiayuan. Strictly speaking, these are not Shaolin Temples, because there's only one Shaolin Temple. However, local folklore didn't make such distinctions. This is theorized to be the origin of the southern Shaolin Temple legend too.

There's no telling how many Shaolin xiayuan there were over history. We're not even sure how many there are right now. I asked the Abbot that question point blank on Shaolin Temple Day and he said he wasn't going to say because there's no official list yet.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart