Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: VTM Discussion\Black Flag Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelo-RJ View Post
    So, yes, the problem regarding money was not paying for the lessons. The problem was that we were paying for something and receiving another thing. If we had received that what we paid for, there would be no monetary problem at all. That's quite fair: s/he who knows charges; s/he who wants to know pays for it. If fees, dues and prices are previously adjusted and agreed upon, that's fine.

Thank you for this opportunity,

Marcelo
    Marcelo,

Thank you, you are a man of class. You are absolutely correct - paying for the lessons and time is correct when you are shown the materials you asked/agreed upon.

Personally, I charge for my time and I show everything and then more. I believe that if a person has a sincere desire to learn, I teach. I even show you the list my sifu taught me off of, which has become a distorted story, so you know I have not left anything out. I try to be a thorough teacher.

Many thanks for your time and energy. You are a class act.

Best regards,

Tony, Alan...

Let's keep this thread on topic. As we all know there was plenty of negative energy back then to go around.

No need to beat a dead horse into the ground.

Good training to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelo-RJ View Post
    The problem in Brazil is that Benny Meng have been teaching his whatever-it-is stuff for the last four years under the label Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun. It was only when I went to SF and brought some of GM Gee's teachings to Rio that part of my colleagues realized that we were not learning HFY, although we paid so high for that.

Even now, that Benny Meng is no longer a HFY man, his franchises in Brazil keep on selling part of the VTM cr@p under the label HFY. Just take a look at shaolinwingchun.com.br and you'll see that, apart from Black Flag Eng Chun, Alex Magnos is still promising fake HFY black belts for those who are willing to buy them.

The sad part of it is that Rio is the only focus of resistence against Meng's + Magnos' cr@p and a lot of people, specially in the North of Brazil, still believe that Benny Meng and Alex Magnos are the real deal. And when those people look at the pictures at shaolinwingchun.com.br, they take those funny positions for HFY's structures.

Of course, some will soon realize they're being cheated. I remember when Benny inserted some pseudo-BJJ ground game to his pseudo-HFY/Shaolin/Three Halls and tried to teach it in Rio. Hey, halt!!!!!!!!! How can anyone think of teaching "BJJ" in RIO DE JANEIRO not being a real BJJ teacher?

Now, Alex Magnos + Benny Meng say they'll make you a black belt with all of the skill and knowledge of Taekwondo, Karate, Northern Shaolin, Muay Thai, Wing Chun, Krav Maga, BJJ, Judo and Wrestling (yes, that's what you'll find at www.shaolinwingchun.com.br). I, who practice MMA with a majour Brazilian team, am a witness of how real fighters laugh on Wing Chun, specially when they speak of things like shaolinwingchun.com.br. For me, Shaolin Wing Chun is a disgrace, for it will never be able to give people what it promises. I bet neither Alex Magnos nor Benny Meng would ever roll with ANY Brazilian JJ or Luta Livre blue belt. Never ever.

***NOT SURPRISED in the least. Benny Meng is one of the biggest phonies I've ever met in all my 34 years in the martial arts. He's played a lying, cheating, double dealing game of self promotion time-and-time again. And this is just the latest chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by duende View Post
    Tony, Alan...

Let's keep this thread on topic. As we all know there was plenty of negative energy back then to go around.

No need to beat a dead horse into the ground.

Good training to all.

I am not sure why you are asking me to keep on topic. I was only making clear my stand point on the lies that tony likes to keep putting out. I answered every lie put out by these few guys like tony. In the end I was banned from the hfy forum as they could not 'win' with the BS they talked.

SO, as long as we have no BS then the quite life is good for me. I don't care one bit about which colour flag is up who's a-s! I just like to train. But I will not have people talk BS about my teacher.

These same guys all hide when it come to the real world. Walk on and start thinking about what you should be doing with your time.

Best

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post
    I am not sure why you are asking me to keep on topic.
    Because you both went off topic... and I thought it would be good for every one to chill before we had another waste of time flame war.

I was only making clear my stand point on the lies that tony likes to keep putting out. I answered every lie put out by these few guys like tony. In the end I was banned from the hfy forum as they could not 'win' with the BS they talked.
    You were banned because you didn't like the answers given to you. This being because you are simply outsider to our organization. In the end it got silly and redundant. But if you think you made some grand point then more power to you.

SO, as long as we have no BS then the quite life is good for me. I don't care one bit about which colour flag is up who's a-s! I just like to train. But I will not have people talk BS about my teacher.
    No BS? Great... I'm all for it. So with that in mind, just how exactly does my comments warrant this response of yours?

FWIW, I tend to believe that most of us would actually get along quite well in real life. Hard work, dedication, an experience tends to make people more open-minded.

Anyways, most of us have better things to do then play king of the mountain on a silly internet forum.
    Last edited by duende; 05-17-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Because you both went off topic... and I thought it would be good for every one to chill before we had another waste of time flame war.

You were banned because you didn't like the answers given to you. This being because you are simply outsider to our organization. In the end it got silly and redundant. But if you think you made some grand point then more power to you.

No BS? Great... I'm all for it. So with that in mind, just how exactly does my comments warrant this response of yours?

FWIW, I tend to believe that most of us would actually get along quite well in real life. Hard work, dedication, an experience tends to make people more open-minded.

Anyways, most of us have better things to do then play king of the mountain on a silly internet forum.
    Same old stuff. Your comments say it all. Who is playing king of the mountain? I don't post much on wing chun forums. The only time I do is when I feel I need to voice my point if my teacher talked about or when I am asked a question.

I post updates on what my group is doing in mma / training as guys show interest on our feedback.

Other than that ....? when I read stuff that makes me laugh. The hfy site was very funny, but I am not allowed to play anymore.

Same old stuff. Your comments say it all. Who is playing king of the mountain? I don't post much on wing chun forums. The only time I do is when I feel I need to voice my point if my teacher talked about or when I am asked a question.

I post updates on what my group is doing in mma / training as guys show interest on our feedback.

Other than that ....? when I read stuff that makes me laugh. The hfy site was very funny, but I am not allowed to play anymore.
    Alan,

My King of the mountain comment wasn't aimed at you. Just giving a portrayal of the foolishness that can take place here, that's all.

Btw... The Southern Shaolin Forum really is for everyone. I encourage anyone who is interested to come by and check it out. (even those who got banned can come back if they like )

Best,

Alex
    Last edited by duende; 05-18-2009 at 07:08 AM.

Alan,

My King of the mountain comment wasn't aimed at you. Just giving a portrayal of the foolishness that can take place here, that's all.

Btw... The Southern Shaolin Forum really is for everyone. I encourage anyone who is interested to come by and check it out. (even those who got banned can come back if they like )

Best,

Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks for your pm. I think we agree that positive debate is what a forum is for. I hope others from your group see it the same way. As I said we should be able to agree or disagree, but not be personal about it.

I be happy to join in with more fourm exchanges. I hope people can see that questions are not attacks. Questions are to clear our minds not close them.

Best

Alan

Slightly off topic question for Marcelo - apologies

hi Marcelo

can i ask if you are one and the same Marcelo who studied Shaolin wing chun under Andria Pivcevic?

i am not naive enough to think that there arent mopre Marcelo's in Brazil, just wondering thats all!

Hey, LSWCTN1!

Although I've met Andria once or twice, I've never trained with/under him. BTW, I haven't heard any news about him for a long, long time.
    All I can say is that Andria was wide known in his neighborhood for wearing Shaolin or middle age European military costumes on the streets, and that his Kung Fu had plenty of different things, like animals styles blended with some Wing Chun movements.
    He seemed to be a silent and nice man.

Originally posted by Victor Parlati
    ***NOT SURPRISED in the least. Benny Meng is one of the biggest phonies I've ever met in all my 34 years in the martial arts. He's played a lying, cheating, double dealing game of self promotion time-and-time again. And this is just the latest chapter.
    I 've noticed that Benny Meng is not a popular person. Even Moy Yat's families had many issues with him, including a monetary issue. So, in this case, there is only sorrow!

Originally posted by Marcelo Santo

Yes, if I wanted to learn something in Moy Yat's line, maybe I'd go to Benny - maybe, I say, for Leo Imamura's, one of Moy Yat's top students, has a nice school here in Rio. But, no, I wanted to learn HFY and I got tired of being deceived by Benny Meng and his pseudo-HFY "Shaolin/Three Halls of Shaolin" Wing Chun.
    Benny Meng just wants to be rich and famous, he goes beyond likes and dislikes. I believe he doesn't give a **** about anything except his wallet.

Man, oh man, why did you do this?
    Nice dancing, nice hakka-style shaking movements, many taps on the same arm before hitting the opponent etc. Now it's clear that this black flag thing is the fakest wing chun around. Man, oh man...

[QUOTE=Marcelo-RJ;1225559]Man, oh man, why did you do this?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commerce.

$ure! $ign of time$