Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: VTM Discussion\Black Flag Wing Chun

Yawn, yawn................... yawn

Another, 1st seen, never released, blah blah blah.....

Good for an argument though, come on you Black Flag guys.... defend your honour!

[QUOTE=GeneChing;1225531]
    Like tossing a grenade in the room...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a hand grenade-just a dud.

If anyone's curious about the Tin Yan dei structure/5-line theory seen on the posters in the promo vid actually works... DON'T WATCH THE VIDEOS!!

What a mess.

Like tossing a grenade into the room....
    And by "grenade" obviously what Gene means is the "Jersey Shore" / urbandictionary.com definition -

the fat girl that needs to get laid before anyone else in the room gets action

We don't have a lot of outside advertisers

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Commerce.
    Just like every media platform, we must cater to our advertisers. When another style can bring us some income, I will welcome them.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Just like every media platform, we must cater to our advertisers. When another style can bring us some income, I will welcome them.
    Then why not switch to a mostly MMA focused format? That's where the money is right now.

At least till ninjitsu makes a comeback in 2015.

lol - good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    Then why not switch to a mostly MMA focused format? That's where the money is right now.

Well, there's actually a glut of MMA mags out there right now. There are a lot of small start-ups giving start-up MMA companies the promise of eyeballs, but they aren't really getting that much distribution and for some, the bubble has already burst. Our main advertiser, MartialArtMart.com, caters to a lot of different styles, including MMA, but with so many small start-ups, there isn't a big enough market share to justify going that direction. Our company, TC Media Intl, has published magazines dedicated to the other styles previously (Dojo, Dojang, World of Martial Arts) but none of those proved as successful as Kung Fu Tai Chi. In short, we've found our niche on the newsstands. I hope you all understand.

As for ninjas, they don't advertise. They are ninjas.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

-------------------------------------------

The MMA journalism field is already fairly crowded.Even the old Black Belt mag is heavy with mma.
    material. With the demise of JAMA and Inside Kung Fu..- Kung Fu mag still has a market.

9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bea8ZUUuZ14

Masta Ken Said : "Stop Ninjutstu".

Wise man.
    "Deepest depth, Where one live with no light, No evil can escape my sticky tentacle, Beware the radiant octopus might !"

www.poulperadieux.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    And by "grenade" obviously what Gene means is the "Jersey Shore" / urbandictionary.com definition -

the fat girl that needs to get laid before anyone else in the room gets action
    Haha. In this instance, I took "grenade" to be more akin to a turd with a lit M-80 stuffed into it..
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

The New Black Flag Vid

After seeing the number of views jump a thousandfold for the new KFM Black Flag vid, all I know is I need to make me a Shaolin Black Flag Wing Chun video. Cheese and rice is it getting viewed.

Benny Meng's ship has flown many flags. Not too long ago- one of them was for Garrett Gee
    and HFY.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Benny Meng's ship has flown many flags. Not too long ago- one of them was for Garrett Gee
    and HFY.
    Yep, and we all know how that went.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Well, there's actually a glut of MMA mags out there right now. There are a lot of small start-ups giving start-up MMA companies the promise of eyeballs, but they aren't really getting that much distribution and for some, the bubble has already burst. Our main advertiser, MartialArtMart.com, caters to a lot of different styles, including MMA, but with so many small start-ups, there isn't a big enough market share to justify going that direction. Our company, TC Media Intl, has published magazines dedicated to the other styles previously (Dojo, Dojang, World of Martial Arts) but none of those proved as successful as Kung Fu Tai Chi. In short, we've found our niche on the newsstands. I hope you all understand.
    yep understand the niche - hope you keep it there. and advertising revenue keeps things in circulation so no worries there....

Yep, and we all know how that went.