Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Baby here.

Big Baby here.

Cracked a rib last night sparring and boy does it hurt!! Hurts to laugh, breath, go up stairs, God forbid I sneeze. Can't even drive my car; clutch and shifting hurt. Having stiff suspension hurts when I hit bumps. I have speed bumps galore in my apartment complex. Sleeping hurts.

Gonna miss tournament next weekend.....maybe.....unless I can figure out a form in my repertoire that does not include rolling, jumping/high kicks, or any up and down movements......of wait....we don't have any my northern style. I'm stuck with Lien Huan.

Never sparring again........................................until I heal at least.

Vicodin oh sweet vicodin, how I love thee.

I need a woman to take care of me. But alas; ain't got no money, hence I ain't got no honey.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    wait until you roll over in your sleep.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    wait until you roll over in your sleep.

Did that a couple of times last night already. Not good

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

You'd do better with getting a honey, if you stopped believing you need money to have one.

buy some bees then u have honeys

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    buy some bees then u have honeys
    Quote of the year.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I dislocated a rib 16 months ago. Took about 8 weeks before anything felt normal. I have a permanent knot where it dislocated, and when someone hits it, or I roll on it just right, it smarts pretty good.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I may need to rethink my stand on chest protectors. I am not getting any younger.

instead of contemplating wearing a chest protector, contemplate practicing proper blocking....one does not need protective gear if one cannot be struck.
    I understand your thinking however, I always teach my students to look at the cause of the problem not the fix.
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 04-13-2009 at 07:09 AM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Having suffered cracked ribs and torn intercostal muscles, I sympathize with you!
    Take it easy, take the time to meditate and focus on healing that up.
    good luck and get well!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    instead of contemplating wearing a chest protector, contemplate practicing proper blocking....one does not need protective gear if one cannot be struck.
    I understand your thinking however, I always teach my students to look at the cause of the problem not the fix.
    Yeah, definitely need to block. Or at the very least learn to get the flock outta the way.

big baby cause you got a cracked rip? no shame in complaining of the pain man. the **** hurts! going to be painful for a bit.

and the real question is, how did it happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    *snip*

my money is on:

a) shin kick direct to the ribs

b) a throw

If it was a punch, it was super well placed and forcefully executed...or xcakid hasn't had a glass of milk in his life! lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    my money is on:

a) shin kick direct to the ribs

b) a throw

If it was a punch, it was super well placed and forcefully executed...or xcakid hasn't had a glass of milk in his life! lol
    c.) that thing called blocking, i forgot to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    big baby cause you got a cracked rip? no shame in complaining of the pain man. the **** hurts! going to be painful for a bit.

I was going for a punch, my opponent turned and threw a back kick. Since his leg is longer the my arm (heck his arm is longer than my arm), he connected first.