Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vids from meet: 375 squat and 270 bench at 148 (total 1000)

vids from meet: 375 squat and 270 bench at 148 (total 1000)

well pleased with my meet today. i got best overall lifter which was ****ing awesome (total divided by bodyweight).

my total was 1000 even (365 squat, 265 bench, 370 dead). i got to do a 4th lift for both squat and bench for state record and i got 375 and 270 (they don't count towards total for that meet, but they do affect my ranking.

i have vids of the 375 squat and the 265 bench. unfortunatley suzi forgot to vid the 270 bench which is a shame because it was one of my best grinds.

375 squat:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYGLvkNzt7w

265 bench:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUHsTnwPtKs
    where's my beer?

Cool

Excellent.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Well done muffin !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

good job!

keep going!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

thanks guys. the best squat for a 148lber in my federation period is 430. so as of right now im only 55lbs off and number two. of course that could change through out the year, but i also plan on progressing and hope to keep that number two position. if all goes well ill have at least 4 plates on squat by this time next year, and hopefully a respectable deadlift. i'd also like to see 3 plates on bench by next year, but 300 even might be more realistic.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    thanks guys. the best squat for a 148lber in my federation period is 430. so as of right now im only 55lbs off and number two. of course that could change through out the year, but i also plan on progressing and hope to keep that number two position. if all goes well ill have at least 4 plates on squat by this time next year, and hopefully a respectable deadlift. i'd also like to see 3 plates on bench by next year, but 300 even might be more realistic.
    When has realism ever inspired greatness?
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

fair enough. 315 by next spring it is.
    where's my beer?

thats cool, but what are your goals, this is a martial arts site, you seem to be into weightlifting competitions

im not sure how the bench press translates to martial arts, when are you ever on your back trying to push something off you in martial arts? and when is that position a good one? we do most of our strength trainging standing, bc when we fight, we stand

www.kegconditioning.com
    Set your mind.
    Refuse to be weak,
    Refuse to be sick,
    Refuse to die.
    Think that you are strong and you are

Quote Originally Posted by eomonroe00 View Post
    thats cool, but what are your goals, this is a martial arts site, you seem to be into weightlifting competitions

im not sure how the bench press translates to martial arts, when are you ever on your back trying to push something off you in martial arts? and when is that position a good one? we do most of our strength trainging standing, bc when we fight, we stand

www.kegconditioning.com
    LOL.

1) He likes weightlifting and martial arts. So do a lot of people.
    2) A lot of TMA contain traditional weightlifting.
    3) If you only fight standing up and have no experience on the ground, you may well end up in trouble. Where have you been the past 20 years of compounding proof and common sense of the last thousand or so?!
    4) While the bench is not the most real-life transferable lift in the weightlifter's repertoire, try punching with your full weight behind it without using your chest, anterior delts or triceps at all.

So get the **** of this thread.

Great lift GDA, that bench looked effortless.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Oh wait, I get it! Just looked at your keg site. Nice stuff. So you do do weights, you just like to do newly-packaged weights, call it something else and look down on the 100 years-plus of traditional weightlifting science out there? Well, at least you didn't link to kettlebells.

Cliches but:

It's not what you train, it's how you train.

A 330 lb stone is the same as a 330 lb barbell. A 53 lb kettlebell is the same as a 56 lb DB with a towel around it.

Now, instead of ****ing about on GDA's state champion thread, why don't you go and start a keg training thread, or a training blog people can discuss and contribute to?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Wink

im just saying ,
    bodybuilding is a sport, doesnt always translate into the martial arts world, too much muscle might be detrimental, there is a difference between body building and functional strength training, look it up,
    the top guys training athletes opposed to body builders,like core performance.com or the chek institute guys, they work on functional movements crossing as many planes as possible, recruiting as many muscle groups per movement as possilbe, dont be scared of the evolution
    think about it,
    no insults here, my first words were compliments, just be honest with yourself

if the sun is too bright for you too open your eyes , well than, you know what you should do
    Set your mind.
    Refuse to be weak,
    Refuse to be sick,
    Refuse to die.
    Think that you are strong and you are

thats cool, but what are your goals
    aside from the lifting goals i already stated, i'd like to finish school so i can get back into martial arts. right now i juggle both school and work full time, along with my family. it would have been nice to be able to stay in jujitsu, but no one wants to train after 9pm. fortunately i can lift as late as i need to, even if it means i lift alone.

this is a martial arts site, you seem to be into weightlifting competitions
    you have a keen eye for the obvious my friend. lets forget the fact that i've been a member of this site for a little over 10 years, and that a couple people here might actually be interested in hearing about my progress. well also ignore the fact that im excited to share my milestones with them. instead we'll focus on the fact that i put such material in the appropriate forum. this is the health and fitness section of the site, and if you'll notice its been sporting a sticky about strength training links since 2001. plus if you've read any of my other posts you'd just be happy that i wasn't talking about jerking off your grandfather or catching homeless people on fire.

if this isn't a troll im not sure what to say. we'll pretend for a minute that you happen to be more uninformed than antagonistic. before i started school i did kung fu for about five years or so and then jujitsu (with a little judo and very minimal boxing) for about 2 and a half. when i got serious about weight training my performance on the matt improved exponentially. my striking was also augmented by added strength. of course there's no replacement for good technique, but i've never met a guy who's striking suffered from getting strong.

im just saying ,
    bodybuilding is a sport . . . too much muscle might be detrimental, there is a difference between body building and functional strength training, look it up,
    are you even in the right thread dude? im a 148lb powerlifter. although i'm fairly stocky for my height, im certainly in no danger of being muscle bound for another 50lbs or so. also most bodybuilders worth a **** are also very strong and athletic. especially the nattys.

they work on functional movements crossing as many planes as possible, recruiting as many muscle groups per movement as possilbe
    the only way to recruit more muscle fibers than are recruited while squatting or deadlifting would be to figure out a way to do them simultaneously.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Great lift GDA, that bench looked effortless.
    thanks dude . . . i wish suzi had gotten the vid of the 270 bench though. since there weren't a lot of guys going for a 4th lift, i had to go pretty quick and i bet i didnt have a half pound more in me.

While the bench is not the most real-life transferable lift in the weightlifter's repertoire . . ..
    on the topic of real life cary over, i actually found one for the curl. the isometric strength gained from heavy sets of curls actually helped me when avoiding arm bars. i never would have trained curls for that reason . .. i just wanted bigger arms . . . but i swear it was true for me at least. it didnt get me out of arm bars obviously, but it improved my chances of hanging in there until i could get a better position.
    where's my beer?

Impressive.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

im not sure how the bench press translates to martial arts,
    You're right, pressing strength is never used in martial arts o.O

when are you ever on your back trying to push something off you in martial arts?
    Grapple ever?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.