Thread: alan goldberg dummy video

Thumbs down alan goldberg dummy video

normally im not into videos but my birthday is coming so i got some sent to me. I got the dummy video of alan goldberg and i feel really ripped off. The description have the idea that there would be explanations and examples of how it is used in fighting and chi sao. While two guys did moves at random for a couple of minutes there was no fighting examples shown. Just a guy doing the dummy, Two min explanation of the arms and legs. Most of the video was the dummy in slow mo. Now that is just a filler as the video can be slowed down if you want anyway. Well i just thought i would tell you so people dont waste there money. If you just want to see the form its fine but thats not what the add lead me to expect. Thoroughly disappointed.
    Last edited by bennyvt; 04-16-2009 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    normally im not into videos but my birthday is coming so i got some sent to me. I got the dummy video of alan goldberg and i feel really ripped off. The description have the idea that there would be explanations and examples of how it is used in fighting and chi sao. While two guys did moves at random for a couple of minutes there was no fighting examples shown. Just a guy doing the dummy, Two min explanation of the arms and legs. Most of the video was the dummy in slow mo. Now that is just a filler as the video can be slowed down if you want anyway. Well i just thought i would tell you so people dont waste there money. If you just want to see the form its fine but thats not what the add lead me to expect. Thoroughly disappointed.
    There are so many books and DVDs on WCK available today, and quite frankly except for a handful of notable exceptions, they are ALL rubbish. When considering purchasing a WCK book or DVD, ask yourself one simple question: can the author do in fighting against competent, trained nonWCK fighters the things he is talking about and demonstrating? That's the gold standard. Because if they can't do that, they are just spouting nonsense in their bookor on their DVD. And following their "teachings" is essentially the blind leading the blind.

So, apply this gold standard to Alan Goldberg. Can he do those things he trains on the dummy while fighting decent fighters? Has he shown that he can? If not, his DVD isn't worth a warm bucket of spit.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    ask yourself one simple question: can the author do in fighting against competent, trained nonWCK fighters the things he is talking about and demonstrating? That's the gold standard. Because if they can't do that, they are just spouting nonsense

lol!