I swore we had a thread on this already, but a couldn't find one on a search. If anyone finds it, ttt it and I'll merge...
Ha Noi look to top 10 at Indoor Games
(17-04-2009)

"Our athletes will play their all to earn as many golds as possible"

HA NOI — Ha Noi athletes will do their best to boost the country’s overall medal count at the third Asian Indoor Games from October 30 to November 8.

The capital, which has sent key athletes to compete for the nation in big games over the last decade, set a target of winning enough medals to place Viet Nam within the top 10 on the medals table at Asia’s biggest indoor competition.

At the second Asian Indoor Games (AIG) in 2007 in Macau, Viet Nam won two gold, five silver and 11 bronze medals to rank 13th out of 45 participating countries, of which Hanoian athletes took three bronze.

At the third AIG hosted by Viet Nam, Ha Noi expects to contribute one third of the total athletes for the country, according to deputy director of the Culture, Sports and Tourism Department, Nguyen Dinh Lan.

"We hope Hanoian athletes will win medals in finswimming, sepak takraw, billiards & snooker and the martial arts wushu and kurash. Our athletes have been training with the national teams since early this year to prepare for the success of the games," said Nguyen Dinh Lan.

"The capital has powerful athletes who have won world titles in wushu, kurash and finswimming. Our athletes will play their all to earn as many golds as possible to take Viet Nam to the top of the medal tally," Lan added.

Wushu, which has been a favourite of Ha Noi athletes in the Asian and Southeast Asian Games since the early 1990s, is expected to be the main gold mine for Ha Noi at AIG.

Vu Tra My and Nguyen Thuy Linh were world talou (performance) champions of wushu, while Duong Thi Huyen Trang, Nguyen Trung Kien, Hoang Thu Phuong have dominated in finswimming.

In 2007, Bui Dinh Tien won a bronze medal in the men’s 60kg World Kurash Championship in Ulan Bator, Mongolia.

The AIG opening ceremony will be held at Ha Noi’s 40,000-seat My Dinh National Stadium on October 30, while Quan Ngua Sports Palace will host the closing ceremony on November 8.

Ha Noi will be the main venue for 12 sports, with some activities also taking place in HCM City, Hai Phong, Bac Ninh, Hai Duong and Quang Ninh.

The Games are expected to attract over 4,000 athletes, coaches and officials from 45 countries and territories for competition in 20 official sports for 219 medal sets. — VNS