Thread: pak hok

pak hok

Hi. just wondering if any one has any experience with Vincent Chow's pak hok school in Vancouver Canada?

i know my sifu is friends with him, says he was one of kuang ben fu's top students.

really. O.k sounds good. I am thinking of given this school a try.

Quote Originally Posted by kelsey View Post
    I am thinking of given this school a try.
    If you do, be prepared to commit some serious time for training. Pak Hok is a fine system with profound principles but it takes awhile to adjust to if you have had previous experience in other styles. If you are a novice, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Chow has an excellent reputation and has produced some good competition fighters. If I lived in B.C. his school would be my first choice.

Be well.

jd
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    i know my sifu is friends with him, says he was one of kuang ben fu's top students.
    KWONG BOON FU?
    (gettin' on in years, eh?)

kwong boon fu...kwong ben fu...

yeah that dude had a lot of students, my sifu's own brother being one of them, and yours as well.

and yes i do feel the years coming onto me...LOL