Thread: Best of UFC (A Thread dedicated to UFC 100)

Hybrid View

Best of UFC (A Thread dedicated to UFC 100)

OK, most sportswriters that cover MMA are doing some kind of countdown to UFC 100. Apparently hitting triple digits is some kind of signal that we need a countdown, or some milestone has been hit. In honor of this arbitrary sign that something good has happened I thought it would be fun for the KFM forum members to put forth what they think is the best of what the UFC has offered thus far. And, since I am getting to be a cranky old man, what is the worst they have shown. On to my votes:

Best fight card:
    UFC 74 - Respect
    The reasons:
    • Couture turning Gonzaga into a bloody mess
    • Babalu turning David Heath into a bloody mess, then choking him out, literally, and getting fined $25K, and kicked out of the UFC
    • Mir's Kimura on Hardonk, showing that the motorcycle accident was a delay and not the end
    • Leites armbar of Ryan Jensen, who was arguably winning the first round

Worst fight card:
    UFC 58: USA vs Canada
    Other than the St. Pierre/Penn fight (which still went to decision) every other fight on the card put me to sleep watching it. It is probably the only UFC DVD I have only seen once in its entirety.

Best Knockout:
    Gonzaga's headkick to CroCop
    Normally I try to pick something that not everyone else would vote on but **** did you see CroCop drop? Look at how twisted his leg is when he went down EEEEWWWW.

Best string of fightcards (Group of 10):
    UFC's 41 - 50
    Couture on most of the cards. Tito being spanked (literally by Couture, figuratively by Ice-Man), Sylvia's arm being broken by Mir (again literally).

What do you guys think???
    Last edited by GreenCloudCLF; 04-21-2009 at 05:46 AM.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.