Thread: Cannes

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    from what im hearing from friends over there is that inglorious basterds, tarrintino's new flick, sucks....thats sad, QT is slipping or maybe he never really had it. heard good things about thirst...nothing on the werewolf thing thou.
    im going with NEVER REALLY HAD IT!!!!

HA, QT he has made 100% garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    im going with NEVER REALLY HAD IT!!!!

HA, QT he has made 100% garbage.
    anybody who has ever seen jackie brown cant really say that. and kill bill vol 1 was good too.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    anybody who has ever seen jackie brown cant really say that. and kill bill vol 1 was good too.
    KB volume 1 was good. that is the only movie i can watch. have not had a chance to see jackie brown yet. but i will check it out because you said so.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Jackie Brown are his best, and quite good, IMO. I thought Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were just okay; I can see how so many people liked them, but I didn't really. And I know that Death Proof is a bad movie, but I kinda enjoyed the last 20 minutes or so of it. But overall, I really don't like QT (or should I say, his work). Too self-indulgent and wants to put his name on everything.

well i dont know about put his name on everything. the only credit he usually gets is as director and sometimes producer...if you want to look at someone who puts his name on everything look at QTs best buddy robert rodriguez. i mean even if he does do all of it, i mean got ****, **** you even gotta put your name on the catering..

yeah but robert rodriguez makes movies i watch over and over. dusk till dawn, planet terror, sin city (2 and 3 coming out too btw), once upon a time in mexico, desperado, el mariachi, heck i enjoyed spy kids & shark boy and lavagirl 3-d too lol.

Malaysian martial arts films

Anyone seen The Collector?
    Cannes 2012: U.S. and Malaysia Duo Pact to Bring Martial Arts to Market
    3:08 AM PDT 5/17/2012 by Stuart Kemp

The Collector
    U.S. outfit Birch Tree Entertainment and Malaysia's Astro Shaw seal a deal to produce and distribute movies with James Lee's "The Collector" debuting at the Marche du Film.

CANNES - Buyers looking to chop up some martial arts fun are to be enticed by the latest American and Asian company alliance.

U.S. action film stable Birch Tree Entertainment and Malaysia's Astro Shaw production banner have inked a deal to produce and distribute a slate of martial arts action films.

Birch Tree will handle worldwide sales for Astro Shaw’s action films beginning with The Collector, Apokalips X and Crash through the deal.

The Collector unites director James Lee and martial arts stuntman Sunny Pang and marks its market debut during the Marche du Film alongside Apokalips X, a post-apocalyptic FX actioner, marking the action debut of director Mamat Khalid.

The two companies are in development on a further slate of martial arts action films with trio of titles to begin production in Malaysia in 2012.

Astro Shaw will produce with Birch Tree distributing.

"Malaysia has a strong tradition of action filmmaking and Birch Tree will ensure the world experiences this tradition,” said Birch Tree president and CEO Art Birzneck. “The production resources of Astro Shaw and Birch Tree’s experience and connections in the international action marketplace will make our companies an unstoppable team.”

“Astro Shaw looks forward to working with Birch Tree Entertainment to introduce our action films to the international marketplace. Our production team headed by Imillya Irwani will work closely with Art Birzneck to ensure that we provide the worldwide marketplace with high quality, high concept action films that appeal to the international audience,” added Astro Shaw vice president Gayatri Su-lin Pillai.

The aim of the pact is do feed the perceived global appetite for high concept, high quality action films with marital arts at the heart, with the companies pointing to the success of the Ong-Bak franchise, District B13 and most recently The Raid: Redemption.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart