Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Life 'Superheroes'

I'm starting to wonder if RD's old flame with the doll fetish is in on all this.

Despite what anyone says, I'm pretty sure that NYC is the one place where someone dressed as a superhero would get ignored in favor of beating up club kids with plastic clothing on.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Despite what anyone says, I'm pretty sure that NYC is the one place where someone dressed as a superhero would get ignored in favor of beating up club kids with plastic clothing on.
    Yep, no one would bat an eyelash.

I only hope this guy is not a Wing Chun student!

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/852435-...fighting-crime

C'mon guys!!

What's wrong with the Martial Artists in Seattle??

I saw this article this morning on the tube and thought that maybe, just maybe, someone here knows this group of vigilante superhero wannabes??

Does anyone agree with this, or do you think like I do, that it's all a bit of "Kick Ass 2" marketing!!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

If you want to stop crime/be a vigilante get a gun and go out with the intent of killing all criminals you see.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    If you want to stop crime/be a vigilante get a gun and go out with the intent of killing all criminals you see.
    That may well be this groups next step
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

You're all just jealous.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

I changed the title from 'We're all going to hell'

...to "Real Life 'Superheroes'". I also moved this from the southern forum to the main (but maybe it should be off topic). One of the other martial arts mags just did an article on this phenomena, but I can't find it now.

These people need to watch Mirageman, not Kick Ass.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

remember these guys?

In my neighborhood they would probably just get shot. Gang Banger's don't take lightly peeps walkin thru day turf.

Do these guys have guns? Knives? or their super powers keep em safe?

ginosifu

@MightyB, the Guardian Angels didn't wear masks

You could argue that the GA beret was some kind of costume, but I think what these costumed people are doing is quite different.

I found that article - it's Biff! Bam! Pow! by Mark Jacobs in March 2011 issue of BB. And I thought I was pushing it when we ran our CosPlay article (see The Care and Feeding of Your Inner Superhero by Lori Ann White)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I have beat up homeless people before. I beat one almost to death. Another I had to chase down, and thought I might not catch him, but did. And if I ever run up on a dude wearing tights and a cape I plan to beat him near to death too. It is a good way to practice your skills. You don't have to hold back, and can even do dim Mak if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...to "Real Life 'Superheroes'". I also moved this from the southern forum to the main (but maybe it should be off topic). One of the other martial arts mags just did an article on this phenomena, but I can't find it now.

These people need to watch Mirageman, not Kick Ass.
    I did wonder what happend to my thread!

Good job. Great to see people being inspired and everything, but you gotta draw a line on wearing skintight pants and a cape! Have you never seen The Incredibles??!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

It's just a matter of time before one of these guys gets seriously hurt or killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I have beat up homeless people before. I beat one almost to death. Another I had to chase down, and thought I might not catch him, but did. And if I ever run up on a dude wearing tights and a cape I plan to beat him near to death too. It is a good way to practice your skills. You don't have to hold back, and can even do dim Mak if you want to.
    Im not even entirely sure if you're joking or not???

Guys round here pay bums to fight, them film them...
    When it does happen, it's fast and hard and over quick. Either I'm standing or he's standing. That's Real.
    nospam

You type because you have fingers. Not because you have logic.
    Phil Redmond