Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Zodiac: Armour of God 3

Chinese Zodiac: Armour of God 3

got this from wu-jing.org who in turn got it from xinjiang daily

Chinese Zodiac Marks Jackie Chan's 100th Film
    -- Chinese Zodiac --

Jackie Chan's 100th film, Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac, is slated for production in latter half of this year. He would star in and co-direct Chinese Zodiac with Stanley Tong. Emperor Motion Pictures is producing the film and handling its distribution.

Jackie Chan says that he has been planning Chinese Zodiac for six years. It's a treasure hunting film that would send him globetrotting, and it'd be filmed on location in Paris, Vienna, Khazar, Australia, Beijing, Hong Kong, etc. It would be something that is expected to move the hearts of all Chinese worldwide. Xinjiang Daily

Wow, Jackie's 100th film!

That's too many. He needs to be controlled.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

LMFAO....good one gene.....dont know how jackie is gonna stack up in china box office wise after that comment but we'll find out.

I doubt it'll affect his U.S. Box...

...but it's devastating in Asia and right when Shinjuku is releasing.

That being said, I love Jackie's AoG franchise. I'm mean come on - the Amazon fight? That was pure Jackie gold! I'm in total agreement with August West about how The Myth should have been AoG 3.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

yeah i figured that. ofcourse it wouldnt effect his box office. because according to demo studies on martial arts action film. the majority of jackie chan film goers are african american at the largest percentage, followed by whites, and then hispanics, and finally asians. this is based on chan films released in the US since rumble in the bronx.

Another news story on the press release

I'm glad that Karate (kung fu) kid isn't #100. That would have been wrong.
    April 29, 2009
    Jackie announces 100th movie

HONG KONG - JACKIE Chan has celebrated a milestone with the announcement of his 100th movie project - a collaboration with 'Rumble in the Bronx' director Stanley Tong.

The 55-year-old 'Rush Hour' star said on his Web site he will co-direct the film tentatively called 'Chinese Zodiac' with Tong, with shooting to take place in China, Austria and France. The brief statement seen on Wednesday did not give further details.

Tong, whose credits include the TV series 'Martial Law' and the comedy movie 'Mr. Magoo', directed Chan in the 1995 action film 'Rumble in the Bronx' and the 2005 fantasy 'The Myth'. Chan's main spokesman, Solon So, said he wasn't immediately available for comment.

Chan's most recent release was the Chinese-language gangster thriller 'Shinjuku Incident', in which he plays a Chinese immigrant who becomes a hit man for the Japanese mafia. His upcoming films are the Hollywood action comedy 'The Spy Next Door', about an undercover Chinese spy whose cover is blown, and another Chinese production, 'Big Soldier', reportedly about the friendship between two soldiers set in China's ancient Qin dynasty.

The veteran action star has also been in talks to star as the Mr Miyagi character in a remake of 'The Karate Kid', the 1984 film about a mentor who teaches a youngster how to stand up to bullies. -- AP
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Armor of God 3

Jackie mentioned this will be a new project for him in his L.A. Times interview for Spy Next Door. I've always thought Myth could have been AoG3.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

i think i mentioned this a while a go....its called zodiac or somehing like that. remember kung fu cinema, and wu jing.org talking about it early last year.

My bad

I thought it sounded familiar, but when I searched, I used the U.S. spelling of Armor.

A little merge fu and that's fixed.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

jackie chan to direct

so it seems that jackie is going to be directing this one, i gotta say i didnt like much of his directorial efforts:

Chinese Zodiac: Stanley Tong Produces, Jackie Chan Directs

-- Chinese Zodiac --
    Stanley Tong, who is collating and compiling information on Yi Quan with fellow disciples, hopes to shoot a TV series and film on it as most people are unfamiliar with it. He says that Yi Quan is a form of boxing focusing on regulating one's health, and has helped him tremendously in his life and career over the years.

Stanley Tong also reveals that his most important work right now is Chinese Zodiac, "I'll soon be working with Jackie Chan on his hundredth film Chinese Zodiac. We plan to do pre-production during Lunar New Year holidays as we're both tied down by other works otherwise. I am serving as the film's producer, while Jackie Chan is directing. Jackie Chan hasn't directed any film in a while, but I have complete faith in his ability as a director, and I'm also looking forward to this commemorative work of his."

Reportedly, Chinese Zodiac is an action-adventure-comedy relating to retrieval of lost Chinese national treasures scattered all over the world. Chinese Zodiac is slated for production in around April

Jackie's last action movie?

They mention Spy and Karate Kid, but they miss Shaolin Temple, Shinjuku & Little Big Soldier.
    Jackie Chan hangs up kung fu kicks after The Spy Next Door
    * Andrew Fenton
    * March 25, 2010 12:43PM

MARTIAL-ARTS superstar Jackie Chan is about to hang up his kung fu kick.

The Hong Kong dynamo has revealed he's getting too old for the death-defying stunts that made his name.

Chan is in cinemas from today with The Spy Next Door, in which he plays a spy juggling babysitting duties with fighting terrorists.

In July, he'll fill the Mr Miyagi-style role in The Karate Kid. Then he's planning to go out in style with Asian action extravaganza Armour of God 3. He will star and direct.

"It'll probably be my last big action movie," Chan says. "I'm 55 - when I finish the movie I'll be 56 and when we release it I'll be 57. But I want to show the audience I can still do a lot of things."

Chan has suffered so many injuries in the course of his career, he's now in constant pain.

"A lot," he says with emphasis. "My shoulder, my arms . . ." He points at his groin: "Here. All the joints really hurt . . . you don't know! My back!"

Chan says his most painful stunt was simply falling the wrong way during the making of Police Story.

"I thought 'I'm dying' . . . I thought my backbone had gone through my heart," he says. "There was all this blood coming out. That hurt but I wasn't dying."
    Remember when Jet called it quits?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Cool!

Now I'm waiting for Project A - 3!!!

Maybe he'll bump into Johnny Depp or something.

well he said last BIG action movie....and i think he should hang it up..i mean he isnt what he use to be. age is def a factor...or maybe he should just start using some hgh or something.

I don't think he should hang it up at all

Of course Jackie isn't what he used to be. Who could be? His stunt and action work when he was in his prime is still untouched by anyone. And I think the Jackie Chan character has evolved now that he's in his 50s. I enjoyed Shinjuku because it showed Jackie in a completely different light. I really enjoyed Soldier because it marked a return to Jackie's comic genius with more wisdom and maturity. Both were maverick films for Jackie. They weren't death defying, but solidly entertaining. I feel Jackie is on a roll with his film making right now. I'm really looking forward to his next films.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

When I was still living in Taiwan, I remember reading a magazine interview with Jackie, and at the time (around 1990 or '91) he was saying he planned to retire from M.A. films within about five years or so, then concentrate on going behind the camera. Even back then, he mentioned he was in constant pain, and that when he wakes up, it can take him up to 20 minutes to stand up straight due to the pain he is in. So I can only imagine how much worse it is now. Still, in spite of that, the man can still really move.

But I do feel it's time to leave the fighting and stunts to others, and continue with his new direction. It's not really worth it for him to further harm his body doing stunts and fights onscreen. He could use his experience to mentor others, hopefully to accomplish a lot while avoiding the same amounts of damage he has incurred.