Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Zodiac: Armour of God 3

I'm changing the title of this thread

It's no longer "Armour of God 3:Chinese Zodiac - Jackie Chan's 100th film". Jackie is going with The 1911 Revolution as his 100th.

Kwon Sang Woo To Star In Jackie Chan's CHINESE ZODIAC (OPERATION CONDOR III)
    by Todd Brown, June 1, 2011 11:53 AM

The third entry of Jackie Chan's Operation Condor series has become something of a holy grail among fans - a film that has been talked about for years, one that Chan has always maintained that he wanted to do, and one which has topped the wishlists of Chan fans for a long, long time now. And not only is the film finally happening but word is out that Chan has cast South Korean megastar Kwon Sang Woo in a key role.

Kwon rose quickly to international attention with early appearances in martial arts themed efforts such as Volcano High and Once Upon A Time In High School, but while his martial arts skills impressed his looks meant that Kwon was quickly established not as an action star but as Korea's go-to leading man for romantic comedies. And while his career has flourished in those roles, Kwon has clearly always wanted more.

Very little is currently known about Chinese Zodiac - as Operation Condor III is now known - beyond the fact that it is Chan's next film and will be shot largely in Paris but, speaking to Chinese press on the set of his current film - an international romantic comedy in which he co-stars with Cecilia Cheung - Kwon confirmed to press that he has been cast in the film and will be headed to Paris immediately after his current project wraps production.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

12|12|11

1 year before its release date. There is now a promo video on YouTube.

Not really that scandalous, but worth the ttt

Asian Paparazzi...
    11/01/2012
    Jackie Chan flirts with female co-star on-set

The Hong Kong actor’s wife was not present during filming

Jackie Chan

When the cat is away, the mice will play.

Kungfu superstar Jackie Chan is surely living up to this proverb while filming his latest action movie, 12 Zodiacs in Taiwan.

On Jan 9, the production crew arrived at Jin-zun fishing port in Donghe Township for a chasing scene. Jackie's wife, retired actress Joan Lin, who watched over her husband's filming two days earlier, did not tag along this time.

The actor, who is also the director of the movie, was spotted flirting with his female co-star Yao Xing Tong during a film break. He tickled the actress, causing her to laugh and almost tripped and fell.

Jackie saved the girl from falling with his quick reflexes, holding onto her waist.

12 Zodiacs reportedly costs an estimated NT$2.8 million (S$120 million) and will include Jackie's favourite action sequences, including gun fights, parachuting, car chases and multi-angle explosive shots.

The movie, which is reportedly the superstar's last action drama, is scheduled to be released on Dec 12.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Right.

Why do action stars always talk about this being their last action movie when they get to a certain age?I'm looking at you Jet Li.

Ahhhh...the day I stop flirting is the day I die
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

12/12/12

2 months for 4 minutes.
    Saturday, March 10, 2012
    [2012.03.11] JACKIE CHAN QUESTIONS TOM CRUISE'S STUNT PERFORMANCE
    courtesy of singtao.com

Jackie Chan's latest action film CHINESE ZODIAC (SUP YI SUN CHIU) will open this holiday season and complete production in May. Currently only the 4 minute long climax has not been shot yet. Jackie Chan said that this 4 minute long scene might take two months to finish and will shoot in Hong Kong and other locations. It will have a very dangerous stunt, even more dangerous than Tom Cruise's Burj Khalifa jump in MISSION IMPOSSIBLE GHOST PROTOCOL.

He revealed that at first he thought of shooting at Burj Khalifa in Dubai, but changed his mind when he remembered that the audience might misunderstand that he was imitating Tom Cruise. Jackie Chan asked reporters if they thought Tom Cruise would really jump the tower? In his past experience the insurance company absolutely would not permit him to jump; back then he too wanted to jump the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France but the insurance company prohibited him from doing so.

Jackie Chan guaranteed in CHINESE ZODIAC he personally performed all the stunts. In the past he was able to jump two stories but now he was able to jump only half a floor, at least he did it himself. In comparison to many Hollywood stars, they could not jump even half a floor.

Earlier Jackie Chan attended an event to promote a Chinese wine that was named after him. Karen Mok Man Wai, Li Bingbing and Coco Lee Man came in support; Jackie Chan praised Li Bingbing's tolerance. Jackie Chan revealed that when they made 1911, he and Li Bingbing had an emotional scene. Before the shoot she drank half a bottle of red wine and a bottle of Baiju before they were able to overcome their mental block and achieved battlefield romance.
    Jackie Chan Talks 4-Minute Stunt Scene In CHINESE ZODIAC
    by Al Young, March 9, 2012 3:38 PM

In a recent interview while promoting the launch of his Jackie Chan Maotai Wine, Chan provided an update on the current status of his action adventure film Chinese Zodiac. So far, the production has wrapped up all filming except save for a major four minute stunt scene that is expected to take two months to finish. Without giving too much spoiler away, he revealed that it would require a high level of risk comparable to the jump from the Barj Dubai Tower by Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. He adds the films will feature his trademark outtakes during the end credits. On what exactly this set piece entails, I'm sure it will be something jaw-dropping spectacular when given his history as a director who is willing to go to any lengths to achieve his goal.

Frequent film collaborator Frankie Chan, who previously served as co-director in Armour of God II: Operation Condor, also offer some details on the production via Weibo. He reaffirm that filming is almost complete and that both he and Chan are working on finishing up the editing in post production. In early April, the production will head to Vanuatu to shoot the live volcano there and then after Vanuatu, the production will head to Latvia to film the last scenes. The official list of locations include France, China, Taiwan, Vanuatu and Latvia.

The release date is on December 12th in IMAX theaters.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

12/20/12 in IMAX

WKW's Ip Man vs. Asian Hawk.
    Jackie Chan's"CZ12" Set for Release in December
    2012-04-18 14:44:22 Chinese Films

Jackie Chan [Photo: matime.com]
    The production company behind Jackie Chan's action blockbuster "CZ12" announced that the movie is slated for release on December 20, going head to head with Wong Kar Wai's "The Grandmaster", which is set to hit cinemas on December 18, Mtime.com reports.

It has been confirmed that "CZ12" will be the first Chinese film in 2012 to be screened in an IMAX format.

Filming began in June, and the flick has to date completed its shooting in France, Beijing, Taiwan and some mysterious island in the Pacific Ocean. At present, the production team is in Latvia to shoot a four-minute action-packed scene.

A global premier will be held on December 12.

Jackie Chan, along with other cast members, will attend the Cannes International Film Festival this May.

By Liu Shuai
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Vanuatu

Jackie down under
    Jackie Chan films Vanuatu adventure

Jackie Chan arrives in Port Vila, Vanuatu. [Twitter: @mattvu]
    Created: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:06:42 GMT-0700
    Last Updated: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:29:00 +1000

Most foreigners travel to Vanuatu to relax and enjoy the country's island setting, but movie star Jackie Chan has different plans for his stay.

Mr Chan arrived in Vanuatu on Wednesday and headed to the Yasur volcano in Tanna to film a scene for his next action blockbuster.

And the shoot's co-ordinator, Joe Youku, revealed to Radio Australia's Pacific Beat, just what the Chinese star has planned for his stay in Vanuatu.

"He's going to be thrown out of the ash plain which will be in his movie," Mr Youku said.

Mr Youku said the movie is going to be an adventure film.

"Maybe later on today we will be shooting some fireworks up the rim of the volcano," he said.

And Mr Youku said Mr Chan is just as fun off the camera as he is in his movies.

"All the movements, the tricks and smiles that he does in movies is still there with Jackie," he said.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

odd plug

Been there, done that. Jackie did an Eiffel Tower fight in RH3 and it was mediocre for him.
    Posted: Mon., May. 7, 2012, 4:00am PT
    Case Study: 'Chinese Zodiac'
    Scout & About: Paris/Ile de France 2012
    By Clifford Coonan

A wave of filmmakers from China and Hong Kong, including chopsocky legend Jackie Chan, are spending more time than ever shooting in France -- lured there by some of the world's most recognizable icons as they also take advantage of juicy incentives.

Chan says "Chinese Zodiac," aka "CZ12" which opens in December, is the "most authentic kung fu Jackie Chan movie." His 100th picture is a globe-trotting actioner, so setting part of the film in France was a no-brainer.

The shoot took the filmmakers to Paris and to the Chateau de Chantilly in Picardy.

Nearly 800 films were made in China last year, and there's a boom in the number of local TV stations generating their own content. In looking for locations, a growing number is turning to France as a place to shoot.

In addition to its other enticements, Chinese filmmakers find Gaul's regulatory environment refreshing.

China is also making a major play as a co-production venue, but there are still many bureaucratic hurdles to cross, not to mention issues like censorship.

Wong Kar-wai's latest movie "The Grandmasters" has entrusted its vfx work and a big part of post-production to the Paris-based BUF shingle.

"Grandmasters" and "CZ12" also pulled down France's Tax Rebate for Intl. Production (TRIP), tabbed at 20% of French spend.

It's not just big pics that are shooting in Gaul.

Indie filmmaker Hu Yujiang made "Fuyun falanxi" (Drifting Across France) in 2011 and it will screen this year at Cannes.

"France is a symbol of romance and beauty, with an attractive culture that is different from China's," Hu says.

Even though it was a low-budget movie, there was lots of flexibility, and no government interference in the project.

Franck Priot, COO of Film France, confirms that his org has noticed a surge in the number of Chinese productions.

Chinese filmmakers are also looking to shoot in Paris because their yuan currency is very strong against the euro right now.

Plus, "setting a movie in France adds a kind of imaginary value that brings the production to a new level. We have the Eiffel Tower -- everyone on the planet knows where that is," Priot says. "But we need to make filmmakers more aware of the incentives to shoot here."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Jackie's jet ride...

...To Cannes!
    Kwon Sang Woo to Ride Jackie Chan's Private Jet to Attend Cannes Film Festival
    by: jbarky on May 14, 2012 Flag as inappropriate

Kwon Sang Woo will attend the Cannes International Film Festival for the first time with Jackie Chan. The 65th Cannes Film Festival will take place from May 16 to May 27. Kwon Sang Woo will be going there in Jackie Chan’s private jet!

A representative of Kwon Sang Woo stated, “The two people will be promoting ’12 Chinese Zodiac Heads’ at the 65th Cannes International Film Festival. Kwon Sang Woo is getting there by Jackie Chan’s private jet, at his request.”

Recently, Jackie Chan purchased the private jest for around $33 million.

After Kwon Sang Woo arrives in Cannes, the two will walk the red carpet. Then after they finish promoting “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads” on May 18, they will attend the “Night of Chinese Films.” Kwon Sang Woo’s representative stated, “Jackie Chan is very fond of Kwon Sang Woo. That is why he suggested that the two attend all the Cannes Film Festival events together.”
    12 Chinese Zodiac Heads?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Last action film?

Cannes 2012: Jackie Chan to retire from action movies
    At Cannes, Jackie Chan has announced his retirement as an action star, saying he is too old for stunts and the world is “too violent”.

By Anita Singh, Showbusiness Editor
    11:38AM BST 18 May 2012

The 58-year-old actor said he felt “really, really tired” after decades of pushing his body to the limit.

Speaking in Cannes, Chan said that his latest Hollywood outing, Chinese Zodiac, would be the last time audiences see him in a leading action role.

“This is my last action film,” he said. “I tell you, I’m not young any more. I’m really, really tired.

“And the world is too violent right now. It’s a dilemma - I like action but I don’t like violence.”

Chan has been talking of retirement for the past couple of years but said today that this time he really means it.

He is not giving up his acting career, however. Chan would like to move into more serious roles.

“For the last 10 years I have been making some other different movies. I want to be an Asian Robert De Niro. I don’t just want to be an action star, I want to be a true actor. I want to get rid of my image,” he said.

“I want the audience to know I’m not only a comedian. I can act. Day by day, year by year, I’m going to show you the real Jackie Chan.”

Chinese Zodiac is Chan’s 100th film and features an international cast.

Chan is known for performing almost all of his own stunts. Producer Brett Ratner, re-teaming with Chan following their successful partnership in the Rush Hour films, said: “Jackie is superhuman. He does things that no actor would ever do.

“In Hollywood we would do a green screen and put the actors on wires and pretend they were inthe sky. Jackie does it for real.

“No other actor, I don’t care who they are, can do what Jackie Chan can do.”

Chan has been performing on screen since the 1960s and his martial arts skills were developed at an early age.

In his teens, he worked as a stuntman on the Bruce Lee films Fist of Fury and Enter the Dragon. The Hong Kong-born actor became a crossover Hollywood star in the 1990s with hits including Rumble In The Bronx, Rush Hour and Shanghai Noon.

More recently, he voiced Master Monkey in Kung Fu Panda and played a Mr Miyagi-style character in the 2010 remake of The Karate Kid.
    Wait, wasn't 1911 his 100th film? Does this mean no Karate Kid 2? Remember when Jet retired?

Cannes is a good place to make such an announcement.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Now I know JC is famous

This article made it to TMZ

Don't worry. It's his last action film, but he'll still make kung fu films.

Not so fast

JC just posted on Facebook that he is not retiring from action films. He just wants to cut back on the stunts that are breaking his bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Chan on Facebook

Hello all my friends and fans,

Yesterday in my press conference in Cannes for Chinese 12 Zodiac I said that this movie was my last big action movie.

Today I was shocked when I woke up to read all the news coverage that I was retiring from doing Action movies.

I just want to let everyone know that I am not retiring from doing action movies. What I meant to say is that I need to do less of the life risking stunts on my movies. After all these years of doing so many stunts and breaking so many bones, I need to take better care of my body so I can keep working.

I will continue to do international action movies.

And I will keep improving my English :-)

I love all of you!

Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by enoajnin View Post
    JC just posted on Facebook that he is not retiring from action films. He just wants to cut back on the stunts that are breaking his bones.
    in other words his agent called him up and said "Ninja are you crazy?" we are about to get 40 million for rush hour 4...dont **** this up."