Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best remedy for Swine Flu? H1N1

Blog Entries

OT: Swine Flu - are you freaking out yet?

I keep hearing of school closing after school closing...

As martial arts schools, we make physical contact on a regular basis...

Have you started canceling your classes?

Is this being blown out of proportion in the guise of "proactively taking precautions"?

I heard Aloe Vera is on back order with their hand sanitizers!
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Are you kidding?

5 people infected in the UK... One baby dead in the US... 160 dead in Mexico... and 2500 infected... a shame, but no cause for panic at all.

Mexico City is 8 million people, pop density of 15000 per square mile, and the conurbation is 20 mill and 6000... and only 2500 people infected as known so far. Governments seem to be doing the right thing: it'll blow over as soon as Ebola, SARS and the HK bird flu.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

"If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I am hoping to catch the swine flu. I missed all the other deadly epidemics that spread like wild fire killing half the US population; AIDS, SARS, Bird Flu, Mad Cow, the spinach salmonella break, the poisoned Halloween candy, tainted Tylenol, and every serial killer that has existed since Jack the Ripper.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

actually mr. punch, there have only been 7 confirmed deaths in Mexico city that are related to the swine flu.

THe other deaths that somehow got lumped in there, no doubt by yet more shoddy reporting and the increasing low standard of what passes for journalism these days, are not related to swine flu.

There are 20 to 30 THOUSAND deaths a year in the USA from influenza of all strains.
    Does that panic any of you? You have a better chance of dying in a car crash.

Wash your hands! That's about all you need to do.

I was listening to the radio on my commute this morning and the guy says "we have been told not to use the word pandemic but now that the WHO has raised the level to 5 we can!"

The very fact that this "journalist broadcaster" is "told" what he can and cannot say makes that media outlet suspect.

One thing is for sure, the mainstream media are not actually journalists anymore and perhaps haven't been for some time. they are definitely being guided in what to say in order to serve an agenda and that agenda is of course profit and ratings.

The only thing sickening is the mass medias handling of this. They are unworthy.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

did you hear abotu the bovine growth hormone scandal in florida where 2 FOX reporters werent allowed to report the links between monsanto's milk BGH and cancer??

well yeah they refused to lie went to court buty then a few weeks later had to apologise and fox issued a public broadcast saying it was officially not guilty of lying after the court appeal

and the verdict of the trial was overturned not because fox wasnt lying but because it turned out

THERE IS NO LAW IN FLORIDA THAT SAYS LYING ON THE NEWS IS ILLEGAL

so they can legally say whatever they want, at least in florida anyhow
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

I'm just waiting to get a good BBQ pulled pork sandwich or BLT on the cheap. Just glad that if I do get a craving for some pork or bacon that I'm not stuck in Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    did you hear abotu the bovine growth hormone scandal in florida where 2 FOX reporters werent allowed to report the links between monsanto's milk BGH and cancer??

well yeah they refused to lie went to court buty then a few weeks later had to apologise and fox issued a public broadcast saying it was officially not guilty of lying after the court appeal

and the verdict of the trial was overturned not because fox wasnt lying but because it turned out

THERE IS NO LAW IN FLORIDA THAT SAYS LYING ON THE NEWS IS ILLEGAL

so they can legally say whatever they want, at least in florida anyhow
    I heard about that. But I seriously doubt anyone watches the news anymore...
    A unique snowflake

Well I live in Dallas Metro area where they are closing all the schools cause of 2 cases, and other suspected cases.

I am definitely staying way from people that are coughing and sneezing. Just to be safe.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm
    I heard about that. But I seriously doubt anyone watches the news anymore...
    Local news is important...

For global issues, the net is best I think.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/l..._1918_flu.html
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Local news is important...

For global issues, the net is best I think.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/l..._1918_flu.html
    yes, i agree with this statement.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm going to start looking at air fares for this summer. After Biden said it was unsafe to travel by air I'm sure we're going to see some good deals!

The flu itself? Not concerned. If I get it I just get it.

The general consensus is that Tamiflu is the best drug to counter the virus.
    Sounds like another collaboration of sorts to stimulate Big Pharmaceuticals pockets. Media hype+gullible sheeple= $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by banditshaw View Post
    The general consensus is that Tamiflu is the best drug to counter the virus.
    Sounds like another collaboration of sorts to stimulate Big Pharmaceuticals pockets. Media hype+gullible sheeple= $$$.
    The swine flu actually started when the shooter from the grassy knoll teamed up with Elvis and the Men in Black to create a biological superweapon for the sole purpose of discrediting Obama's first term in office.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

It's all a bid to kill the Mexican economy so Chrysler and GM can close all their plants there.

Notice how there is no talk in the media about the torture memos anymore too?

But I've said too much already.

I vote we call it the mmmmmpocalypse!
    Kung Fu is good for you.