Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
I dose him w/my sifu's "cure all" brew of ginger / lemon / honey - usually does the trick;
Sounds tasty... and it makes sense... this is actually a very elegant yet simple formula... If I may digress... The ginger "releases the exterior", (makes you perspire) to release the "wind" (i.e. pathogenic factor), while removing cold and stopping cough. It also harmonizes the "ying and the wei"... say whaaat? If the Wei Qi is the protective qi, imagined as the front line of soldiers, the Ying Qi is the base with the reinforcements. (How's that for fanciful concepts? ) Oh yeah, and ginger fortifies and warms the "middle burner" or the digestion, which is almost always weakened during illness.

The lemon, in traditional terms, is astringent and sour. In my opinion, this would check the above induced perspiration slightly to prevent damaging the fluids, while the honey tonifies the spleen and the yin and makes it darn tasty! Just float some of the Ban Lan Gen GeneChing was talking about in there and you got a flu fighter. It'd be kinda bitter though...

... before you go in (or out), you take a deep breath of the air you are in; then you walk into the other temp, holding the breath as long as you can; then you exhale that breath all the way and hold it out as long as you can; only then do you take a breath of the different air - by then you are much more acclimated - works like a charm, I gotta tell you, especially in NYC subways in the summer!
Now that I've never heard of! That's quite fascinating... I mean, how does that work? Is it 'cause you're adjusting your body or is it a form of qigong? Either way, I gotta try it. Thanks!

...it's all in a days SOAP note, LOL;
I suspected something was at play there...

Kind regards

herb ox