Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best remedy for Swine Flu? H1N1

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I dose him w/my sifu's "cure all" brew of ginger / lemon / honey - usually does the trick;
    Sounds tasty... and it makes sense... this is actually a very elegant yet simple formula... If I may digress... The ginger "releases the exterior", (makes you perspire) to release the "wind" (i.e. pathogenic factor), while removing cold and stopping cough. It also harmonizes the "ying and the wei"... say whaaat? If the Wei Qi is the protective qi, imagined as the front line of soldiers, the Ying Qi is the base with the reinforcements. (How's that for fanciful concepts? ) Oh yeah, and ginger fortifies and warms the "middle burner" or the digestion, which is almost always weakened during illness.

The lemon, in traditional terms, is astringent and sour. In my opinion, this would check the above induced perspiration slightly to prevent damaging the fluids, while the honey tonifies the spleen and the yin and makes it darn tasty! Just float some of the Ban Lan Gen GeneChing was talking about in there and you got a flu fighter. It'd be kinda bitter though...

... before you go in (or out), you take a deep breath of the air you are in; then you walk into the other temp, holding the breath as long as you can; then you exhale that breath all the way and hold it out as long as you can; only then do you take a breath of the different air - by then you are much more acclimated - works like a charm, I gotta tell you, especially in NYC subways in the summer!
    Now that I've never heard of! That's quite fascinating... I mean, how does that work? Is it 'cause you're adjusting your body or is it a form of qigong? Either way, I gotta try it. Thanks!

...it's all in a days SOAP note, LOL;
    I suspected something was at play there...

Kind regards

herb ox

Quote Originally Posted by herb ox View Post
    Sounds tasty... and it makes sense... this is actually a very elegant yet simple formula...
    this is how my teacher sees TCM: elegant simplicity; and his "specialty" actually is healing teas; this particular one, which has been dubbed "Hon's brew" after him by us his students, works like a charm every time

If I may digress... The ginger "releases the exterior", (makes you perspire) to release the "wind" (i.e. pathogenic factor), while removing cold and stopping cough.
    the way I see it, each of the ingredients contains natural antimicrobials, so that makes sense in terms of the "killing stuff" perspective; but thanks for the "digression";
    oh, as far as perspiration, my sifu has commented that herbal TCM does 3 main things to get out the sickness: makes you sweat, makes you urinate or makes you throw up (I think in that order of preference); don't know if it's an oversimplicfication, but whatever;

It also harmonizes the "ying and the wei"... say whaaat? If the Wei Qi is the protective qi, imagined as the front line of soldiers, the Ying Qi is the base with the reinforcements. (How's that for fanciful concepts? )
    very fanciful; but it is a great way to conceptualize it;

Oh yeah, and ginger fortifies and warms the "middle burner" or the digestion, which is almost always weakened during illness.
    yeah, sifu is big on the basis of colds being digestive: recall him mentioning how one leads to the other, but that was the take home message;

The lemon, in traditional terms, is astringent and sour. In my opinion, this would check the above induced perspiration slightly to prevent damaging the fluids, while the honey tonifies the spleen and the yin and makes it darn tasty! Just float some of the Ban Lan Gen GeneChing was talking about in there and you got a flu fighter. It'd be kinda bitter though...
    thanks - went out and got Gan Mao Ling tablets, some Si Shi Gan Mao Cha (ing: flos lonicera, fructus forsythiae, folium mori, herba lophatheri, radix isatidis, radix platycodi) and a basic combo of ban lan gen and da qing ye;

Now that I've never heard of! That's quite fascinating... I mean, how does that work? Is it 'cause you're adjusting your body or is it a form of qigong? Either way, I gotta try it. Thanks!
    it's just helping the internal body not get hit w/the shock of the temp change: you know how when you walk out of an AC building in the summer and get hit w/the wall of heat? if you do this, take a deep breath of the cold air and hold it in when you go out, you don't feel it nearly as much; and by the time you exhale, hold it out and then finally inhale, your external body has adjusted, so the internal is able to handle the temp change better; works amazingly well, and very simple; key is to remember to do it! honestly, it's the best thing I ever learned from this guy...

I suspected something was at play there...
    my personal goal is to one day write an entire SOAP note using only abbreviations...

Kind regards
    likewise;

I now know several friends who've contracted swine flu

I am going to do that merge I mentioned above now...
    Sept. 16, 2009, 7:57 p.m. EDT ·
    Traditional medicine can cure swine flu: Chinese state media
    By MarketWatch

LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Recent clinical trials in Beijing show traditional Chinese medicine is effective in preventing and curing the A/H1N1 virus, commonly known as "swine flu," according to a report Thursday in Chinese state media.

The report cited the Beijing Municipal Health Bureau as saying traditional cures were validated by five months of research, prompting the city to reserve 2 million doses of the unspecified treatment.

"The Beijing municipal government has invested 10 million yuan ($1.4 million) to test the effectiveness and safety of [traditional Chinese medicine] to treat A/H1N1 flu since May," the report quoted the city's chief of traditional medicine Zhao Jing as saying.

Zhao said that as of Sept. 1, a total 326 of 845 confirmed cases of A/H1N1 in Beijing had been cured with traditional treatments, adding that such cures proved "very effective" in combination with Western medicine.

The report also quoted Wang Yuguang, a senior expert with Beijing Ditan Hospital, as saying: "Clinical tests have showed that [traditional medicine] doses help reduce symptoms of fever, sore throat and cough. ... No side effects and adverse reactions have been reported."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The H1N1 swine flu is not your regular flu. If it does not kill you, it will certainly make you think it is going to. I had it in the winter of 57/58. Actually January of 58, and I have to tell you that I have had regular flu several times before and since then, and none of it even compares to the swine flu. They called it the Hong Kong flu back then. The US government knows exactly what this flu is, and this is why they seem to be running scared over it. My question is just where the hell has this flu been hiding for the past 50 years?
    You can pass it off as a conspiracy or whatever, but I would recommend that if you have access to it, get a vaccine shot for it. This stuff killed over 78,000 people in this country alone back then, and who knows world wide. It is nothing to worry about unless of course you are the one that gets it. One thing about it though, it never killed anyone that wasn't already praying for death.

Swine flu

The Swine flu is a bit different virus from the one you had, the Swine is a H1N1 and the Hong Kong Flu is a H3N2.
    I don't know which is worse but from what you stated it doesn't sound like fun to have the HK flu.

Well, this one is killing people too. Not so many right now, but the flu season, or the regular flu season, has not even begun yet. This stuff has stayed around all summer long.
    I was reading an article that actually called the 57/58 epidemic an H1N1 and said that some of us that are at least 50 years old might have immunity to it. Since it has been hitting young people mostly this could well be true. I have no idea what kind of flu it is, just going by the news article. Tamiflu only relieves the symptoms somewhat, but nothing can kill the virus out of you except your own antibodies, provided you have been vaccinated or have had it in the past. Well, if you survive it you should hold immunity to it from then on. Maybe.

in teh usa, some 30,000 people die of regular influenza every year.

In China, the number is harder to find out, because the state has a propensity for either lying about it to save face or not gathering data at all.

Having said that, the population model would approximate that CHina's death by influenza are same proportionately, so likely to be close to some 100k people a year dying of regular strains of influenza in China.

Having said that, TCM has no cure for the flu. If they did, it would be more widely practiced.

Fluid and rest. That's it.

H1N1's problematic, but not for long. It will get rolled into standard vaccinations soon enough. November will see the roll out of vaccines for H1N1 in Canada. We are taking a different approach than other countries because we are using the adjuvant variety fo the vaccine whereas other countries such as USA and European countries are deciding to go with non adjuvant variety.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Having said that, TCM has no cure for the flu. If they did, it would be more widely practiced.
    hey! stop piszing on my placebo effect!

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    THERE IS NO LAW IN FLORIDA THAT SAYS LYING ON THE NEWS IS ILLEGAL
    must be the same in oregon. i was just recently involved in a bank hold up again and on fox news the story highlighting the institution had several flat out lies. i know because i was there, and some of the 'information' they reported was completely fabricated, without even a possibility of mis understood reporting. Just flat out made up.

its not new news, but the media does just flat out straight face lie with full intent to do so.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day... keep a healthy state of mind and everything will be okay.

i make sure to wash my hands as little as possible, eat as much food off of the ground and random places as i can get my hands on, and always, always lick my fingers after handling money.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    always lick my fingers after handling money.
    9 out of 10 bills in america and europe have cocaine residual on them... free gummies.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    9 out of 10 bills in america and europe have cocaine residual on them... free gummies.
    yeppers lol.

id say, just from what i see in my line of work, 1 out of every 80/100 bills has visible blood on it. of course thats just the obvious spills/splashes/splatters of nice heafty bloody stains.

Swine Flu Prevention

My doctor friend recommended 2 teaspoons of elderberry juice every morning to keep from getting it.

Can't believe the stuff I am reading.

Swine flu or other flu is a form of Wind Heat in TCM. It is often treated with variations of Yin Qiao San and Xiao Chai Hu Tang with Ban Lan Gen.

I strongly recommend visiting a competent Licensed Acupuncturist with Herbal knowledge.

For those wishing to prevent it - wash your hands frequently, avoid touching faucets, handrails, door knobs with your hands (use a tissue or napkin), and take a Ban Lan Gen supplement recommended by an herbalist.