Thread: Marvel Knights: Black Panther

Marvel Knights: Black Panther

Greetings,

Had a chance to see the six episode series of this show and all I can say is that it ROCKED. At the outset, I was looking at a a strange type of animation but the story and the voices pulled me in so deeply, I was soon watching a moving comic book. That, in itself, was amazing. The story uses contemporary themes combined with issues of colonialism. I prefer that you see it than to give details. Though you can find it on u tube, you may want to own this one.

Considering that I was never too enthused by the Black Panther in the comics, I am very surprised that I liked it.

mickey

It's available on the netflix stream, and not hard to find on DVD or on demand. It's definitely a step up from MARVEL motion comics.

Reginald Hudlin, President of Entertainment at BET, wrote this story arc "Who is the Black Panther?" in 2005. Marvel used it to publish volume 4 of the BLACK PANTHER comic series illustrated by John Romita, Jr. whose art and design this cartoon was built around. The series was notable also for the wedding of Black Panther to STORM of the X-men comic series.

I'm watching the second episode now. I like the comic book feel to it. The only problem I have with the series (so far) is that the voice overs are a little weak. Other than that, it's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    It's available on the netflix stream, and not hard to find on DVD or on demand. It's definitely a step up from MARVEL motion comics.

Reginald Hudlin, President of Entertainment at BET, wrote this story arc "Who is the Black Panther?" in 2005. Marvel used it to publish volume 4 of the BLACK PANTHER comic series illustrated by John Romita, Jr. whose art and design this cartoon was built around. The series was notable also for the wedding of Black Panther to STORM of the X-men comic series.
    reggie was also the writer and i think he still of black panther...but he isnt prez of bet anymore.

Hmm, looks pretty cool. I watched the trailer for it on youtube, and I may have to get this. I hadn't even thought of the Black Panther since when I used to read the short-lived comic series back in the mid-'70s. Then again, I read most of the Marvels back then. I'd almost forgotten about it. He wasn't one of my favorite characters, but this cartoon looks worth checking out.