Thread: Batoru Rowaiaru: AKA Battle Royale

Hybrid View

Batoru Rowaiaru: AKA Battle Royale

Anyone catch this movie?

Its really funny IMO, crazy plot. Sometimes I wish we could take all the high school kids and make em fight to the death on an island.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I wanted to buy it once but was told I would need a special player for it, as it was 'restricted in the US', as the clerk said. It looked good, hopefully I can find it again.

battle royale is so 2001 jk

i saw that when i was i just started college and it as awesome. infact i could watch it again and its awesome. definetly have to see the extended version with the more blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Yep, it is one crazy movie. I would pay good money to see the plot put into effect!

The one part I thought was really funny was when Takeshi Katano was riddled with a machine gun and then stood up like nothing happened. Then he kicked the bucket after some inordinate amount of time.

Another weird one is "Suicide Club." If you haven't seen it, the movie is about mass suicide becoming the new fad. Plus it involves a weird girl band/cult that initiates people into their fold by taking a swipe of their body with a wood plainer.

lol ya he gets up to answer the phone so his wife can ***** at him some more, then dies. lol classic.

i had never heard of it so a friend let me borrow his dvd. not sure about the avaiability but it played in my xbox360

there was as sequel, it was a box set he let me borrow, but he said it sucked so i never watched it. something about the directors being changed halfway through.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

SLL nailed it - so 2001

We've already had a thread here discussing the Hollywood remake and that was 2006.

That being said, we haven't had a thread specific to BR alone and that's certainly a classic worthy of attention here.

I love when that one guy draws the pan as a weapon. Freaking hysterical.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart