Thread: Question on Black Flag Wing Chun?

Question on Black Flag Wing Chun?

I had a question for either the VTM staff or any member of the Black Flag Wing Chun family.

I skimmed over some article references on BFWK and had a few questions if possible.

What is the 1st form that is taught in BFWK? And what concepts are taught to the beginner?

What other forms are taught that can be mentioned?

Thanks for any info that can be given out, if not thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Tensei85; 04-28-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Since Benny Meng seems to be creating a new technical package for B.F. by adding some Chi Sim and Hung Fa Yi material to the old (although recently created) Black Flag Eng Chun, I believe it's going to take some time before you get any answer.

Lol, yea that's probably correct but its all good. Its just a topic that's interesting. So whatever new info that can be offered is definitely viable for understanding the system. But its their system so if they decide not to share any further info thats their perogative and I respect that decision

Since Benny Meng seems to be creating a new technical package for B.F. by adding some Chi Sim and Hung Fa Yi material to the old (although recently created) Black Flag Eng Chun, I believe it's going to take some time before you get any answer.
    Does anyone know if Benny is losing students because of his program mixing seems his Brazil students are split on learning this. I hear some of the older US students are not buying his take on this being real unique or authentic. If his own students are having a problem with it it would be nice to hear from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_toxic View Post
    Does anyone know if Benny is losing students because of his program mixing seems his Brazil students are split on learning this. I hear some of the older US students are not buying his take on this being real unique or authentic. If his own students are having a problem with it it would be nice to hear from them.
    This forum should be a place to discuss and to share in the spirit of goodwill.

You should be a man enough about your personal agenda with Benny and take it to his face. Trying to destroy a man's reputation and livelyhood in this cowardly way makes you the lowest of the low.

I'm all for exposing dishonesty and for the most part, what needs to be said has already been stated, so what's your reasons for pursuing this matter ?

Take it for what its worth but i would have to say that each Sifu or practitioner in general has there own perspective on what or on how martial arts should be and how to improve the training methods for their students in general. So i would say that whatever Benny Meng does he would have a reason for it and im sure he has his students best interests at heart, i dont know of any Sifu that doesnt value there own Todai. As for if there is a split of students everyone is entitled to choose there own path in life and the philosophy that they can identify with. We all follow our own path in the end, the road that we choose to get there is filled with many connections, meetings and relationships based on fate. So i feel that any connection or seperation is based on fate so there should be joy in that. Benny Meng has done a lot of great things for the Wing Chun community that is a truth in itself.

Theres way to much time being spent on personal attachments that have no constructive meaning behind it.