Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often does your school practice against multiples?

Care to videotape these 10 vs. 1 full contact boxing matches?
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

When I was in Hung Gar my sifu had us do an exercise where 1 person would stand in the middle and the rest of the class would make a semi-circle around the student.
    Someone would stand behind the student and point at the students in the semi-circle. When pointed at the student would launch an attack and the person in the middle would block and counter.

In CLF I extended this idea to having the person totally surrounded. Instead of pointing, each person surrounding the person in the middle would get a number and someone would call it out. That way the person in the middle would get attacks from all kinds of directions and sometimes simultaneously.

Try these drills, they are a lot of fun and improve your reaction time. As with all drills there is something that is unrealistic about them ie when you really get attacked by more than one person (which I have) they often launch flurries of attacks at you, but trying to train for that quickly turns into chaos.

Cheers,

EO

someone post that vid of the tkd tard fest again here.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    Care to videotape these 10 vs. 1 full contact boxing matches?
    there a video on youtube somewhere i'l try and find it
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

A system is considered complete when it has the yin and yang components, the medical and the martial and encompasses the Daoist sciences as a pai.
    Really? So then every non-chinese system is incomplete? And it has nothing to do with the various and extensive fighting aspect, which includes several vast scientific subjects??

You can't stand put and slug it out, with multiple opponents you need to keep moving.
    Depends really on how much power you have, and how accurate you are. Yes, movement is an option, but its still a variable that changes based on a situation. There are no absolutes in a fight.

and believe me we're not holding back thast why we are restricted to boxing
    Well you do realize that a common method in street fights is one or two guys restrain you while the other ones beat the **** out of you, right?

So what point is there to restrict everything to boxing?

This is where I have gotten my multiple attacker training. http://www.tftt.com/TFTT_Home.html Also Tigervalley here in TX and Frontsight. Well you get the idea.

For practice: http://www.idpa.com/ and http://www.ipsc.org/

Martial arts is for fitness and so that I can get to my primary weapons.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

ok, so a street gang is running to mob you and you pull out your tactical firearm?

Where exactly do you keep an H&K on your person anyway?
    Kung Fu is good for you.