Thread: Need help finding 2 movies on DVD hopefully

Cool Need help finding 2 movies on DVD hopefully

Hi guys'
    My sifu/shirfu has me find him movies sometimes as payment for my classes. 2 of which i can find no record of.

1."500 lohans" -----thanks to Linsday Lohan looking this up anywhere is a nightmare...i just get 500 pictures of her being skanky.

2.Tamo's robe/Damo's robe--- can't find any reference to this one.

The titles may be off slightly but does anyone know where I can get these or find info on them?

Thanks again!
    “Build rather than destroy,
    Avoid rather than check,
    Check rather than maim,
    Maim rather than kill,
    For all life is precious,
    Nor can any be replaced” - Chuen Yuan, Li Shou, Pai Yu Feng

i saw damo robe....its a good one should be easy to find, check hkflix.com or yesasia.com or even taiseng.com you should get some hits.

thx doug

Thx doug for the info . I tried all 3 of those but to no avail..."tear".....

Tamo's robe? Maybe it's the same as Shaolin and Wutang 2.....that movie is about his robe ...kinda... 500 Louhans though..hmmm no idea...
    Avoid rather than check,
    Check rather than maim,
    Maim rather than kill,

I don't know about 500 Lohans, but I remember an old mainland China movie called (in Chinese) Ba Bai Luo Han. Which is 800 Lohans. I don't remember if it had an English title.

Try Holy Robe of Shaolin

I think that's what you mean by Damo's Robe.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thx Gene but unfortunately, Holy Robe of Shaolin is the same film as Shaolin vs Wutang 2--
    I explained the plot of that movie to my Shirfu and he says that's not it --the one he keeps telling me is actually about Tamo/Damo/Bodhidarhma and it's supposedly called Tamo's robe.

Jimbo--Thax man I think you are right!
    Ba Bai Luo Han is also called Arhat's in Fury and think that may actually be the one Shirfu was talking about... he said is what mid 80's- ish so I think that is right.

Either way thk you both --Ill keep searching for the elusive Tamo's robe
    Avoid rather than check,
    Check rather than maim,
    Maim rather than kill,

Ok, that's different

There was a kung fu flick about Tamo, where he's like a kung fu master and it's in the style of a Shaw Bros flick. Perhaps that's it. I can't remember the title, but it was super cheesey. The effects were really lame and the lead actor kept trying to bug out his eyes, which gave him this absurd expression in that classic tradition of Chinese Opera style overacting (it worked for opera because it had to read from stage, but it totally collapses with film close-ups).

Does that sound more like what you're looking for? Because I can't remember the title of that at all.

Let me think about it. Maybe it'll come to me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hmmm that may be it...Shirfu said he has an old copy of a copy on VHS and he's gonna dig it out for me...

Well at least it seems that Arhats in Fury is the 500 lohans movie he was asking for though...
    Avoid rather than check,
    Check rather than maim,
    Maim rather than kill,

Greetings,

"The Holy Robe of Shaolin" and "Shaolin vs Wu Tang 2" are two totally different movies. The former is from Mainland China, the latter from Hong Kong.

Check out youtube. They have good snippets of Kung Fu movies there.

mickey

I don't know if there's 2 movies called Shaolin Wutang 2, but the Xenon DVD of Shaolin Wutang 2 is Holy Robe of the Shaolin Temple. Ahrats in Fury is a movie about a young monk who has a close connection to animals and he fights the government. In one scene he calls on the animals to attack and it is a very exciting scene. That may bring back some memories.

The movie Gene Ching speaks of is called Shaolin Monk, and it is about Damo, but I don't remember it being about a robe. Gene is right it is super cheesy. Fun movie.
    Last edited by jethro; 07-30-2009 at 06:54 PM.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Hi jethro,

I remember this as Shaolin vs Wu Dang II (even though it is listed as Shaolin vs Wu Dang):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgwX2j3xLec

There was a Shaolin vs Wu Dang that had Lo Jui in it as well as Liu Chia Hui.

Xenon has been strange on titles in the past. Maybe it is the lettering vs the numbering, II vs 2.

mickey

I've never seen the # 2 associated with that movie, but Xenon/Wutang messed up tons of titles back when they were releasing VHS. I remember someone telling me about a movie called Avenging Eagle that he saw on TV a long time ago and it was the greatest kf movie he's ever seen. I looked at the guy like he was an idiot since I had the Xenon VHS of Avenging Eagle with Leung Kar Yan and Meng Fei, and it's a pretty bad movie. But later on I figured out Xenon's mistake.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."