Thread: Shaq

Well played, DJ, but I can top that.

Shaq-Fu - Tiger style
    Mar 13, 2012
    Tiger Woods embraces Shaq-Fu in new 'PGA Tour' video
    By Brett Molina, USA TODAY
    Updated 3m ago

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - Duel of the Masters

To help promote his next video game, Tiger Woods is engaging in the art of Shaq-Fu.

Check out this hilarious new video posted above featuring Woods and former NBA star Shaquille O'Neal as they attempt to master their golf swings in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13, using the Xbox 360's Kinect motion sensor.

The two-minute spot spoofs classic kung fu films, right down to the not-so-accurate voice dubbing.

"I've been a fan of MMA since the '90s and even used it to train and stay in shape," O'Neal says of the shoot with Tiger. "Anytime I can do a little kung fu it's always a good time."

The ties between Shaq and kung fu are appropriate, considering the hoops giant released a fighting game called Shaq-Fu in the early '90s for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System and Sega Genesis.

Meanwhile, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 launches March 27 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Shaq is all over the MA news now

Martial arts-Shaq tells Canseco he is ready to fight
    Reuters
    4:17 p.m. CDT, March 13, 2012
    By Larry Fine

March 13 (Reuters) - Shaquille O'Neal won countless
    battles under the basket in his brilliant NBA career but is
    ready to get more physical, saying he is willing to face former
    MLB All-Star Jose Canseco in a mixed martial arts bout.

Canseco, 47, whose baseball comeback bid with the Quintana
    Roo Tigres of the Mexican League stalled last week when he was
    banned for declining to take a doping test, has been calling out
    the four-time NBA champion in messages on his Twitter account.

"I challenged him a long time ago. If he wants it done, he
    knows where to find me," O'Neal, who was listed at 7-foot-1
    (2.16 m) and 325 pounds (147 kilograms) in his playing career,
    told Reuters on Tuesday in a telephone interview from Florida to
    promote Dove Men + Care skin product.

"He can be high off whatever, and I'll be high off Frosted
    Flakes," O'Neal, 40, said about the popular breakfast cereal.

O'Neal retired from the National Basketball Association
    (NBA) last year and is due to receive his doctorate degree in
    May from Barry University's School of Education in Miami.
    More on Canseco here.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Shaq Fu two

There are some teaser vids if you follow the link.

SHAQ FU / 7 DEC 2015
    SHAQ SAYS SHAQ FU IS "LIKE A BAD DREAM YOU CAN'T FORGET"

1.2k Also, he uses a Pac-Man arcade cabinet as a game controller.

BY JARED PETTY IGN recently got a chance to ask Shaquielle O'Neal a few questions about the upcoming Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn, the crowdfunded sequel to 16-bit fighting game Shaq Fu. Check out the interview and Shaq's colorful responses.

IGN: If you could battle one real-life person in a real-life hand-to-hand match Shaq Fu style in a duel for glory and honor, who would you choose to face and why?

Shaq: I would fight myself because I’m the only man worthy of the challenge. I think the universe would collapse.

Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Reveal Trailer
    01:17

IGN: A lot of fighting games from the 16-bit era have been forgotten, but people still recognize Shaq Fu. To what do you attribute its continued notoriety?

Shaq: It’s like a bad dream you can’t forget. You wake up and say, ‘Get out my head!’

IGN: It's no secret you've studied the martial arts. How does your interest in real-world fighting disciplines influence what you're doing with Shaq Fu?

Shaq: You know I took all the team to China, to train with my master Ye-Ye, so that they could get inside my world of cosmic energy. No one understood it, some never came back, but everyone found a new appreciation of my abilities. Kung Fu is just two words, the reality is much, much more. That’s all I have to say about that.

Game Teaser
    01:20

IGN: Fighting games sometimes struggle to balance accessibility for a broad audience with the degree of complexity necessary to satisfy fighting game fans. Specifically, how will Shaq Fu address this challenge?

Shaq: Shaq-Fu is a tribute to the golden days of beat ‘em ups. Back then you’d head over to the arcade on a Saturday morning with a pocket full of quarters and just hammer that machine. With Shaq-Fu, we want to return to that sense of satisfaction and enjoyment that’s been lost along the way. The idea is to include something for everyone. And we aren’t going to charge you 60 bucks to play it either, it’s going to be a fair price - I mean not everyone has celebrity cash.

IGN: When you're at home playing video games, what are you playing? What about your kids? What do they enjoy playing? Do you play games with them?

Shaq: I play everything I can get my hands on, but I love the fighting games the most. Although after playing Shaq-Fu I might be a bit spoiled for any other game. When you can play as me, why would you want to play as anyone else?

IGN: So obviously it's not Shaq Fu without Shaq...but what about the rest of the roster? Any other faces we're likely to recognize?

Shaq: Oh, you might be familiar with one or two of the faces in Shaq Fu. That’s all I’m saying.

IGN: You're a huge Superman fan. Any chance we'll see him in Shaq Fu?

Shaq: I’m not a fan, I am Superman, and it’s my game, so Superman is in the game. You seen those horrible movies? That’s because they didn’t get Superman to play Superman. I look pretty good in tights, even for a 43-year old.

IGN: You're a famously huge guy with big hands. What's your all-time favorite game controller in terms of features and comfort?

Shaq: You know, I like those arcade style controllers you get, the ones with six buttons and joystick and you can just mash them all day and they never break. Reminds me of being a kid at the arcade. Sometimes I just like to pick up an old Pac-Man machine and use it as controller. Feels just right in my hands.

IGN: What's the single best feature of the new Shaq Fu?

Shaq: Me. I got moves you never seen before. Just when you think you’ve seen all my moves, bam! Look out, there’s more. Size 22 stomping all over the world, baby. I’m as nimble as a cat and as powerful as a diesel truck.

IGN: You've starred in a lot of video games. What's it like putting a game into your Xbox or PlayStation and controlling a little digital version of yourself?

Shaq: My kids love it. They get to play their dad whooping lotsa ass. They all want to get their own video game characters but we’ll have to see about that.

Jared Petty is a Senior Editor at IGN. He is not good at sportsball. Chat with him on Twitter.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

SHAQ FU (Honest Game Trailers)

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Reebok Shaq Attag

Kung-Fu Vibes Take Over The Reebok Shaq Attaq Modern
    May 22, 2020

Ahead of the forthcoming TV documentary that will honor history’s greatest martial artist, Reebok has revived that Reebok Shaq Attaq Modern from 2017.
    This colorway of the model is a nod to the kung-fu legend and footwear worn in the iconic ‘70s films. Inspired by Shaquille O’Neal’s affinity for martial arts. Reebok has also pulled from the archive an original 1992 Shaq Attaq advertisement and reworked the piece specifically for the revival of Reebok Shaq Attaq Modern. The Yellow and Black Reebok Shaq Attaq Modern is available in very limited quantities for $160 exclusively at Reebok.com. Don’t sleep!
    THREADS
    Bruce-Lee-shoes
    Yellow Jumpsuit
    Shaq
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips