Thread: Full Contact Shotokan

Full Contact Shotokan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkGP0AM14F0

Been a while since I saw this in a non-Kyokushin setting....

I approve.
    SevenStar: It's hilarious seeing people's reactions when they see a big, black dude with a sword walking toward them.

Masterkiller: Especially when they're at the ATM.

WTF? How did we go from the White Haired Devil strangling and beating guys to death in a teahouse, to Mr Miyagi and Jhoon Rhee?

That was beautiful, thanks for that.

fun!

this one showed as related. another shotokan kumite.

even a few female fights
    Last edited by Lucas; 05-08-2009 at 01:21 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

SevenStar: It's hilarious seeing people's reactions when they see a big, black dude with a sword walking toward them.

Masterkiller: Especially when they're at the ATM.

WTF? How did we go from the White Haired Devil strangling and beating guys to death in a teahouse, to Mr Miyagi and Jhoon Rhee?

Awesom videos. Geez, those shotokan strikes to the head were very impressive. **** near KO's at every match.

On the kyokushin videos, I noticed a couple clips where ppl were punching to the head. I thought in kyokushin you could only punch to the body, although kicks are allowed to the head.

On the kyokushin videos, I noticed a couple clips where ppl were punching to the head. I thought in kyokushin you could only punch to the body, although kicks are allowed to the head.
    Where did you see that?

In kyokushin bare knuckle matches, there are no arm strikes to the head, in Royama's IKO and in the Daidojuku there are strikes because they wear gloves and/or head gear.

On the second video posted by woodragon, the fifth and sixth fight in shows a punch to the head, plain as day, i believe 14 or 15 seconds into the video you will see a punch to the head.

the first one is at 12 seconds i believe. I saw the video again, and I noticed only three fights where I saw a punch to the head, it was probably an accident, but the first two fights mentioned looked intentional.

Saw the parts you mentioned, in the first clip they are accidental, in the second they are "high chest punches", LOL !
    Its a "gray area: punch used in kyokushin, its basically an overhand right aimed at the upper chest or shoulder (legal targets), if it happens to hit the guy in the jaw, well...too bad, unless it draws blood, then you can get penalized.

Yeah, thats what I thought.