Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: take that!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

take that!

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...8/ENT/90508057

a sixth or so the population and 1/5th the breweries and we tied portland for beer city usa
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I'm impressed. I live in Portland so I actually know how big of a feat that is.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I'm happy that America has finally figured out how to make beer that isn't the equivalent of infant pee
    Kung Fu is good for you.

please... Canadian Beer?????

do you even know the history of Beer in America and why it ended up the way it did?

Asheville has a hyuge homebrew scene which gives it a deeper base of beer lovers per capita than average....Portland probably does too so it's still a good tie.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    please... Canadian Beer?????

do you even know the history of Beer in America and why it ended up the way it did?

Asheville has a hyuge homebrew scene which gives it a deeper base of beer lovers per capita than average....Portland probably does too so it's still a good tie.
    you have got to be kidding me. lol.

homebrewers are worldwide, the bulk of american beer over history of american beer is water with a slight taint of ****. lol

indie brewers have existed here for a long time and the microbrew scene here was ahead of anything going on there.

anyway, all stacked up, it's evening out a tich now, but quite frankly, the best beers are still in europe and likely always will be.

most of what gets exported out of the us - pabst, old milwaukee, coors, bud, etc etc is pee and you know it.

micro brewed beer usually never makes it out of the neighborhood it's made in and is therefore irrelevant in the big scene.

If you're ever up here, I'll take you to a brew pub that will have you crying for your beer mommy. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I miss German beer.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Sweet! Really nice.
    Owner & Chief Instructor
    Law Enforcement Asst Instructor
    Krav Fit Now
    www.kravfitnow.com
    281-687-4183

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    you have got to be kidding me. lol.

homebrewers are worldwide,

of course they are

the bulk of american beer over history of american beer is water with a slight taint of ****. lol

wrong, only since WWII

indie brewers have existed here for a long time and the microbrew scene here was ahead of anything going on there.

possibly but the American microbrew scene has eclipsed anything else going on in the world...the Amercian way, by complete domination in a very short period of time through hardwork and perseverance

anyway, all stacked up, it's evening out a tich now, but quite frankly, the best beers are still in europe and likely always will be.

not even close...even American brewers are making better belgians than the belgians

most of what gets exported out of the us - pabst, old milwaukee, coors, bud, etc etc is pee and you know it.

yea, but I'm not even referring to that crap

micro brewed beer usually never makes it out of the neighborhood it's made in and is therefore irrelevant in the big scene.

wrong again... Dogfish Head, Lagunitas, Abita and many others have national distribution and have for over 5 years now...that's the point, the American beer scene is exploding and is kicking beer ass the world over

If you're ever up here, I'll take you to a brew pub that will have you crying for your beer mommy. lol
    why would i EVER visit canada?

oh, wait, i remember...Sundowners or whatever it was called...definitely the best strip club ever...yea! Canada...the hottest chicks that will take their clothes off for money...

Beer!

Where?, where's the beer? I'm definitely in... (maybe not)
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

why would i EVER visit canada?

oh, wait, i remember...Sundowners or whatever it was called...definitely the best strip club ever...yea! Canada...the hottest chicks that will take their clothes off for money...

Sweet! Nothing like Canadian chicks in the all natural. Except maybe Koreans, or I guess any girl! Its all good.
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Oso

Maybe I'm out of touch but who in America produces a really high quality pilsener on the order of Urquell or Spaten? (I do recall tasting a decent attempt by Sam ten years ago)

Oso...come on, those beers you mention are unheard of anywhere but a three state hop (excuse the pun) from where you are. Maybe a few cases go further, but not often and certainly not many.

I can't believe you dissed euro-beer! That only hurts your beer cred man.

they are the acknowledged masters of Beer whom without we would have not a lick of a notion of how to even start to make a good brew.

also, those "crap" beers i mentioned make up the vast majority of all beer produced and distributed and exported by the usa.

we have quite a lot of indie brewers here as well, but, we don't see a lot of their products going too far from the neighbourhoods they're produced in and you know what? That's a good thing because that means it's always fresh and you can always have a pint of tasty and new no matter where you go!

now, lets stop all this fussing and fighting and posturing over who makes great beer and lets just enjoy a sunday brew with our moms!

beer, as homer simpson says, is the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Oso...come on, those beers you mention are unheard of anywhere but a three state hop (excuse the pun) from where you are. Maybe a few cases go further, but not often and certainly not many.

let's see, i first purchased Dogfish Head in Nashville...let me check...that would be 4-5 states away depending upon how you veiw it...the point is that the American beer scene (not talking about the big 3 so please stop refering to them) is expanding at an extremely high rate and NO, you probably won't see many of the best regional stuff beyond a couple states from the point of origin but that's part of it, a return to regional brewing just like it was before WWII

I can't believe you dissed euro-beer! That only hurts your beer cred man.

not dissing it...but the belgians i've tasted from American brewers ARE better tasting on average than the imported stuff

they are the acknowledged masters of Beer whom without we would have not a lick of a notion of how to even start to make a good brew.

I thoguht that was the Egyptians? And of course beer was brewed first in Europe before the US

also, those "crap" beers i mentioned make up the vast majority of all beer produced and distributed and exported by the usa.

ok, so? not contesting that point and I was never talking about them in the first place and if you are comparing your local/regional brews with them then you are not making an apples to apples comparison and I would HOPE that your regional brews kicked the crap out of a budweiser

we have quite a lot of indie brewers here as well, but, we don't see a lot of their products going too far from the neighbourhoods they're produced in and you know what? That's a good thing because that means it's always fresh and you can always have a pint of tasty and new no matter where you go!

good!

now, lets stop all this fussing and fighting and posturing over who makes great beer and lets just enjoy a sunday brew with our moms!

beer, as homer simpson says, is the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems. lol
    lol, ok...but we still make better beer down here! our moms say so!

correction, if i go through MD, VA I can get to TN in just 3 states...but I've also purchased Dogfish Head in FL.

Just drink your beer man.

mmmmmm beer.

lol

as an aside, today I am enjoying stella artois leuven and a couple of chezkvars.

both euro brews and really quite tasty!
    Kung Fu is good for you.