Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wang Kiu has Passed Away

ng chan wing chun

hello,

i trained myself few times with ng chan in hong kong and in france (from where im native) when he came to visit us
    i can confirm to you and to people interesting in wing chun that he was the more accomplished student of yip man ,to who he gave most of his knowledge and know how in wing chun,like the kicks.
    authentic wing chun is not really what you see ,in the movements ,it is more what you dont see in the way to become free of the movements and to organise your strength regards your will
    and thats the problem of wing chun today,because what people think of wing chun to be very efficient and impressive,they cannot achieve it against other syle more basic .
    the reason is that they perfomed only movements ,and they teach only movements because nobody teached them the know how of wing chun
    so ,in a way ,what people are practising today is not the authentic wing chun of leung chan or yip man
    this wasnt the case of ng chan ,and of his closest student ki ping pun which one was living with him
    Im open to any question or discussion
    regards

My condolences Rene.

(@Moshe, the point of this thread was to pay respects to a fallen WC Sifu. Not to tout how great your WC is and how little the rest of us know).
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 04-01-2010 at 09:36 PM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    My condolences Rene.

(@Moshe, the point of this thread was to pay respects to a fallen WC Sifu. Not to tout how great your WC is and how little the rest of of know).
    of course ,its not a question of ego .just sharing of my own experience about the quality of the technic of these sifu and the authenticity of their knowledge
    what is very rare

Sad, my condolences. I met Wong Kiu while doing a seminar with V Kan in Holland. We met and chi-saoed, with students .

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    of course ,its not a question of ego .just sharing of my own experience about the quality of the technic of these sifu and the authenticity of their knowledge
    what is very rare
    No, it's a question of Kung-Fu which if we were to go by your posting style is not very advanced at all..
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

My condolences to all of his family and friends.