Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Black Flag history keep changing?

Why does Black Flag history keep changing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik
    To be Fair, there are different Black Flat group in China between 1850 and 1940. So, one must not lump them together.
    From the old black flag website, viewed here: http://www.wingchunpedia.org/pmwiki/...engChunHistory

The underground Eng Chun system There were many underground secret societies who claimed their organization was founded by these Five ancestors. These organizations can easily be categorized by five different flag colors: 1. Red flags 2. Black flags 3. White flags 4. Green flags 5. Yellow flags
    Yes, there was a black flag group in 1854, but that black flag army was supporting the Manchurian government on the Vietnam border against the French. They are not Anti-Manchu so how can the black flag claim to be anti Manchu?

Also, they have already mentioned the 5 different color flags as shown in the quote above. Those five flags, as well as being stated on the former Black Flag website are from 1920. As identified in Chinese government documents those 5 groups only existed at one time in all of Chinese history, and they were bandits. They robbed and killed people for a living! And, on top of that, the black flag bandits turned against the Chinese people to cooperate with the Japanese army. This group has nothing to do with Anti Manchu and they have nothing to do with Wing Chun. Their history has already changed on their website, and it is obvious that they have a problem understanding Chinese history, just like Hendrik seems to from his postings so far. I'm not sure if Hendrik just don't understand English well and has a reading problem where he cannot understand Chinese history as already displayed on this thread (http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53727) from Chinese government documents. Maybe by voicing my perspective I can clear up some of the problems he seems to have.

Again, From the old black flag website, viewed here: http://www.wingchunpedia.org/pmwiki/...engChunHistory

Development of Eng Chun Kun inside Black flags society group Black Flags had a smaller number of highly trained troops. The main objective was to train professional killers to kill the Qing officials.
    The Manchu didn't event exist in 1920! How can they kill Manchu officials? They were busy being bandits killing regular people. The Black Flag bandits used knives and guns to kill people, not Wing Chun. How can they claim to kill the Manchu? Their time period is already in the New China era! Even if they did exist, why would anyone claim a group of bandits as a respectable group to claim a lineage from? They were nothing but a nuisance to Chinese society.

All the information coming out from the Black Flag group is contradicting documented Chinese history, how can their claims be taken seriously?

Read the post that I started a few days ago. The short of it is so that Benny Meng can start up an MMA style that he can claim as being from an ancient and unbroken line.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=53987

IMHO,

Lots of people Romance the HIs-story and Rebels' and Non existing Buddhis monks..... up to the point they live in a fantasy land which lead to losing thier art too.

As for the Black Flag history, I am not yet seen HYF or Chi Sim's solid evidence to support thier claim since VTM claim the Opera WCK as from GM Ip Man, YKS, Cho family, Koo Lo or the White Crane + Snake WCK is a watery version of the HYF and Chi Sim in KFO since decades ago.

So what is the different ?

VTM certainly needs to present supportive evidence to what they have claim not limited to just Black Flag.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-16-2009 at 11:21 AM.

Hendrik,

For the past 10 years you've been repeating yourself thousands of times, with bad grammar, and bad english. Nobody understands what you're saying! The only time I see you say anything that makes any good english sense it's some copied song from the 70's or a quote from some buddhism book. Over all the years I've seen dozens of people have the same issue with you, whatever you write isn't making sense, you are talking from a confused mind. All this time, all this writing, how come you've never tried to get any better at it? Most of your posts seem like you're just rambling to yourself, not adding to the conversation.

Hendrik, I really suggest that you spend your time on a better use of your efforts, like taking a class on how to write english. In fact, didn't you graduate from college? Did you cheat on your English 101 exam? My friend teaches 5th grade English and he wouldn't pass you based on what you wrote.

For all I know, maybe you really do have some kind of medical issue coulding your mind, if that's the case please seek help immediately. Maybe the KFO forum can take up a collection to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    Hendrik,

For the past 10 years you've been repeating yourself thousands of times, with bad grammar, and bad english. Nobody understands what you're saying! The only time I see you say anything that makes any good english sense it's some copied song from the 70's or a quote from some buddhism book. Over all the years I've seen dozens of people have the same issue with you, whatever you write isn't making sense, you are talking from a confused mind. All this time, all this writing, how come you've never tried to get any better at it? Most of your posts seem like you're just rambling to yourself, not adding to the conversation.

Hendrik, I really suggest that you spend your time on a better use of your efforts, like taking a class on how to write english. In fact, didn't you graduate from college? Did you cheat on your English 101 exam? My friend teaches 5th grade English and he wouldn't pass you based on what you wrote.

For all I know, maybe you really do have some kind of medical issue coulding your mind, if that's the case please seek help immediately. Maybe the KFO forum can take up a collection to help you out.

This shows your personal agenda right?

Your concern is not WCK but your personal agenda whatever it is.

See, it is not my english. It is your heart is not pure.

The evidence is:

if it is true as you post above,

"bad english.... whatever write isn't making sense, talking from a confused mind."

then,

Why do you qoute me in the very begining of this thread?
    How clear is your mind? How making sense is your logic? How smart are you for qouting me? hahahaha

I careless about your stupid dodo agenda, and before you pointing finger at others' history, clear your own history.

So, Dont qoute me.
    and I am not intereseted to against or Anti the Black Flag or even VTM or even Benny.
    That I am very very clear.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-16-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Hey,
    His English suddenly got better : )~ j/k
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Originally Posted by Hendrik
    To be Fair, there are different Black Flat group in China between 1850 and 1940. So, one must not lump them together.
    That I am very very clear.--by Hendrik

Flat or Flag???

Last edited by Hendrik; Today at 12:10 PM.

Last edited by Hendrik; Today at 11:21 AM.

A clear mind would not keep on changing his words, get some help.

Here this will help your "flat" problem.
    http://www.amazon.com/ABC-Childs-Fir...2501938&sr=1-1

That I am very very clear.--by Hendrik

Flat or Flag???

Last edited by Hendrik; Today at 12:10 PM.

Last edited by Hendrik; Today at 11:21 AM.

A clear mind would not keep on changing his words, get some help.

Here this will help your "flat" problem.
    http://www.amazon.com/ABC-Childs-Fir...2501938&sr=1-1

It is an evidence that
    everyone who has a clear mind will and always change their wording to improve communication for clarification purpose.

Those who is confuse and lost will keep changing their history and in the same time blame others on practicing the same.

Get this and see for yourself who has keep changing their history.

http://books.google.com/books?id=t36...esult&resnum=3

Simple facts right?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-16-2009 at 12:56 PM.

its my feeling that black flag history is fake just like buddha hand wing chun

Silent Bob strikes back.

Hendrik, if Silent Bob's Complete Wing Chun could help your English, that's a good thing...amen!

It is an evidence that
    Try: "There is evidence that"

Those who is confuse and lost will keep changing their history
    Or: "Those who are confused and lost will keep changing their history"

Guess the book didnt help after all.

I think this book would be better for you than Silent Bob's:
    http://www.amazon.com/Penguin-Writer...2504762&sr=8-2

I think this book would be better for you than Silent Bob's:
    http://www.amazon.com/Penguin-Writer...2504762&sr=8-2

Thank you.

This is a Wing Chun discussion Forum, please keep you focus
    in case you are capable.

Otherwise, Thanks and appreciate for your kind advise.

Wow! I actually haven't seen either of those two books before, I'll have to check into them. J/K
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Thank you.

in case you are capable.

Hi Hendrik

I hope you are well.

I always gain so much from your posts. Thank you.

Eric H - You must be hyf... sorry hfy as you are always more right, if you say so.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Thank you.

in case you are capable.

I started a thread about Wing Chun history from the black flag sect, again you seem to be confused. Since, as you mentioned, this is a wing chun forum, looking at your past posts, what do songs from the 70's have to do with it?

appreciate for your kind advise.

Should be "I appreciate your kind advice."

Back to the black flag history, from http://www.shaolinkungfucenter.com/F...M%20Report.pdf

According to Fukien HKB Eng Chun [Black Flag Wingchun] oral legend, “The system as it was passed down was preserved in two forms: a Male aspect and a Female aspect.” Based on VTM research to date, the Red Flag and Black Flag organizations preserved the Male aspect of the system. It is also possible that the “male/female” designations came into being during the Opera phase of Wing Chun’s history
    As far as I know, the only system to bring up "male/female" was Hendrik's Yik Kam White Crane system. Looks like they're even borrowing from him!

I started a thread about Wing Chun history from the black flag sect, again you seem to be confused. Since, as you mentioned, this is a wing chun forum, looking at your past posts, what do songs from the 70's have to do with it?
    Without those oldies, Hendrik would not be able to communicate with anybody, not that Hendrik knows how to sing, just that his English is limited.

As far as I know, the only system to bring up "male/female" was Hendrik's Yik Kam White Crane system. Looks like they're even borrowing from him!
    There's no such thing as "male/female" in all other wing chun schools except Yik Kam White crane and Black Flag Eng Chun. Why didn't VTM or the black flag Eng Chun give back their credit to Yik Kam White Crane system? If black flag White Crane made more common sense than the black flag Eng Chun, Benny Meng should change their VTM/Black Flag Eng Chun label to VTM/Black Flag White Crane label. That may help Benny Meng to sell more VTM memberships in Brazil.