Thread: Barnett vs. Fedor - and other things

Barnett vs. Fedor - and other things

Check out this terrific (and sometimes hilarious!) recent interview with Josh Barnett.

http://thefightnerd.com/?p=610
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 07-03-2009 at 10:04 AM.

That bloke's pretty funny!

When's the fight?

EDIT: forget it, I'm being lazy cos I've got work to do: I'll look it up!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

My thoughts on the fight...

Fedor will probably win. That said, Barnett does have a chance. Here's why:

Josh Barnett can wrestle/grapple with anybody, and on his best days he's capable of subbing even the best in the game. Don't forget, in the first fight with Nog it was the bell that saved Nog from the kneebar. And Nog is Nog.

The bigger question is the standup. If Josh brings his A wrestling game, and enough standup to get a takedown that's ends with an advantage, he's got a good chance of beating Fedor.

If not, forget it.

So the fight will be determined in the standup, imo, and as it stands right now, the odds are that Fedor will prevail. His punching attacks actually remind me a bit of Rocky Marciano, and that's saying a lot. Unorthodox, looping punches coming from just about anywhere, but extremely powerful and dangerous bombs.

Let me put it another way: Josh has to fight the standup fight of his life in order to get the win; not that he'll knock Fedor out with it, but it will be what gets the fight to the ground and Josh on top. That's the only way I see him winning.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 07-09-2009 at 07:51 PM.