Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun in the movies!

Yes, Prodical Son is good(more of a comedy) and Warriors Two is really good(more serious). Warriors has the best fight scene I have ever seen in a Martial Arts movie. It's based on Dr Leung Jan so it is a Wing Chun Movie, and the actor that plays him plays it perfect. Funny thing is though that the actor doesn't know any kung-fu, he just learns the choreography and goes from there but you wouldn't know it when you see the scene in the middle of the movie were he fights like 20 guys using Wing Chun movements, cool.

You can download most of these movies now off a peer to peer network. Also Invincible Shaolin has some Wing Chun in it too but not done as well as the other two mentioned.

James

Jada,there was a film written about wing chun legend Fung Siu Ching.sadly,however,it was never made and the writer was fated to simply drift away.good news though,there's going to be another wing chun slt book out soon.cant get enough of them.maybe rene ritchie and others can provide a jacket quote.

Russ

Hey, how about "Stranger from Shaolin"?

She even makes the HK "whoosh, whoosh" noises when doing the SLT! The swords aren't WCK, maybe Hung Gar or Choi Li Fut???

Still a solid HK movie when you suspend belief.
    Not a shi-fu, just a pifu.

there's gonna be a new movie made in HK about yip man. I think it starts shooting at the end of the year

Originally posted by Shaolin Dude
    there's gonna be a new movie made in HK about yip man. I think it starts shooting at the end of the year
    Any info on the net about this?

J
    Yo mama is so fat, she has jeans made by Jeep

Oh ya, well Yo mama is so fat, she has a blackbelt at McDonald's

Also, there's two other movies out there:

Wing Chun with Michelle Yeoh...the only thing about this movie that is good is the fact that Donnie Yen and Michelle Yeoh are in it. There is no wing chun other than the goat clamp stance. Laf.

And has anyone seen Descendent of Wing Chun? I don't know if it has any Wing Chun in it.

Peace,
    Couch
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

I have Decendent of Wing Chun, its not that good though at least not in my opinion, as I've only watched it once so a "No Recommendation" from me.

James

Decendent has very little Wing Chun, a little dummy and a little pole, and its not very authentic. The movie itself is kinda dumb, kinda funny, seems like it was just thrown together without much thought for plot or substance. I wouldn't recommend paying for this movie, although some might really like it. The movie bloodsport has a bong sao or two in it, chuckle.

There is the whole series of short movies starring Larry, Curly and Moe. They were far ahead of their time.

Moe,with his Randy Williamesque hairdo was already showing a certain Wing Chun image!... ...Or is it the opposite?...

The marx Bros. were highly developed internal masters as can be seen in their movies.

Bob Hopes and Bing Crosby had a great "patty-cake" to double punches technique in their "Road to" movies serial.

Laurel and Hardy were living examples of the Yin/Yang principle

Fred Astaire had the best footwork ever!

Buster Keaton was the zen figure of silent movies.

movies

at least randy does not need two belts like some people we know
    give my regards to the golden ribbion boxer or maybe pink ribbion
    peace russellsherry
    russellsherry

Old Jong,

It seems that you have a grudge against Randy Williams with the recent "...Williamesque" comment. Also, you seem to dwell in the past. I am not sure what personnal issues you have had in the past, but with all the years of martial arts training you have not seem to learn a few important things (i.e. treat others as you would treat yourself, humility toward others, and be at peace with yourself). I believe these are some very important qualities that any martial artist should learn and teach to her/his fellows.

I think it's safe to say that most of everyone here share a common interest in Martial Arts. Name bashing and insults should not be any part of our conversations. If you, I, or anyone have something to share, then it should positive and beneficial.

Regards,

Quan

PLEASE!...

Tylus Old Jong,

It seems that you have a grudge against Randy Williams with the recent "...Williamesque" comment. Also, you seem to dwell in the past. I am not sure what personnal issues you have had in the past, but with all the years of martial arts training you have not seem to learn a few important things (i.e. treat others as you would treat yourself, humility toward others, and be at peace with yourself). I believe these are some very important qualities that any martial artist should learn and teach to her/his fellows.

I think it's safe to say that most of everyone here share a common interest in Martial Arts. Name bashing and insults should not be any part of our conversations. If you, I, or anyone have something to share, then it should positive and beneficial.

Regards,

Quan

russellsherry at least randy does not need two belts like some people we know
    give my regards to the golden ribbion boxer or maybe pink ribbion
    peace russellsherry

Hey guys!...You don't need to get so paranoid over a simple little joke. I don't have a "grudge" over Randy,Moe or anybody.It was a joke,O.K.?...Are you going to feel allright now? Not necessary to hit me with your rattan rings you know!..

BTW...