Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Meanwhile, he maintained that the "only legal stance in boxing" was a side-facing, narrow, lead leg stance, "like in fencing."
    Switching stances can be frowned upon by coaches because unless you know what you are doing you end up exposed with your legs crossed which is a big mistake and a seasoned opponent will capitalize on it. Maybe your friend is misinterpreting admonishments not to do that from his coach as "rules".

Quote Originally Posted by Darthlawyer View Post
    but most boxers have their upper body square to their opponent
    um, what?

The only time a boxer's upper body is square to his opponent's is when he is about to get KTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post

um, what?

The only time a boxer's upper body is square to his opponent's is when he is about to get KTFO.
    Apparently you haven't seen much boxing...
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

As someone who was asked to fight golden gloves and spent a bit of time in the ring. The other blokes are spot on you can river dance for all the rules define would not say it would be good but you can use whatever stance you wish. Your friend needs to show you in the rules where you can`t do it.
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

Boxing footage

I like Charley Burley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81non05aKX4

And for those who like some flow, Sugar Ray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8INHy35zWg

I like Charley Burley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81non05aKX4

And for those who like some flow, Sugar Ray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8INHy35zWg
    this is a kung fu forum. if we wanted to talk boxing we'd go to a boxing forum. thanks....NUT again...

This is for kung fu people who also like boxing.
    Last edited by Faux Newbie; 10-31-2013 at 03:48 PM.

i;m not convinced.

I suppose you think I'm a returned troll seeking to make a mma argument, that's natural. For my part, I think people who spend time doing that are idiots. Total and complete idiots, whether they believe in what they say or whether they think other people exist solely for their entertainment. 他们没有礼貌。差不多还没有拳法。

it's easy to troll when you remain totally anonymous. it's usually the lowest of the low, weakest of the weak who go around trolling forums stirring up trouble. bullies. my problem is there are too many people on this forum that think they're GODS in martial arts. or gods in fighting. everyone gets beat sometime in their life.

too many of you here on this forum are ignorantly caught up by style instead of the actual person having fighting skills. all you kong foo haters hate kong foo cause yo just don't grasp the truth. the ultimate truth is regardless of what style, can YOU make sh1t work for YOU?

style wars are as stupid as who has the nicest car, biggest house, or any other superficial object.

and the other half who are just about fight fight fight.......you don't realize how fakkin limited you allow yourselves to be out of insecurity/egotism.

soooo missing the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    it's easy to troll when you remain totally anonymous. it's usually the lowest of the low, weakest of the weak who go around trolling forums stirring up trouble. bullies. my problem is there are too many people on this forum that think they're GODS in martial arts. or gods in fighting. everyone gets beat sometime in their life.

too many of you here on this forum are ignorantly caught up by style instead of the actual person having fighting skills. all you kong foo haters hate kong foo cause yo just don't grasp the truth. the ultimate truth is regardless of what style, can YOU make sh1t work for YOU?

style wars are as stupid as who has the nicest car, biggest house, or any other superficial object.

and the other half who are just about fight fight fight.......you don't realize how fakkin limited you allow yourselves to be out of insecurity/egotism.

soooo missing the whole point.
    So what if people remain anonymous. If people know your real identity they sure do not care.

If you were the last descendant of Temugen I would not care.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Newbie View Post
    他们没有礼貌。差不多还没有拳法。
    I can tell you are not Chinese. Many years ago I saw a Kempo Karate ad on newspaper. In that ad, someone put Chinese around all 4 borders as "hardware for sale, hardware for sale, ...".
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

So what if people remain anonymous. If people know your real identity they sure do not care.

If you were the last descendant of Temugen I would not care.
    the fact that you took to time to reply says differently. so i can't trust a word you say.

too chicken sh!t to do it under your real name? what is there for you to fear? if you're so tough, there's nothing for you to hide, right? i don't think YOU are in the martial elite because no elite would ever hang around here dealing with nut jobs.
    Last edited by Snipsky; 10-31-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I can tell you are not Chinese. Many years ago I saw a Kempo Karate ad on newspaper. In that ad, someone put Chinese around all 4 borders as "hardware for sale, hardware for sale, ...".
    I never said I was Chinese.

ttt 4 2015!

I saw another article on this where Nagaowa was referred to as an MMA fighter.

Filipina boxer 'hurt' by Customs tax bill on championship belt
    Jujeath Nagaowa says she was forced to pay Customs tax on her WIBA world title belt or risk 'losing the only evidence' of her championship victory
    Ryan Songalia
    @ryansongalia
    Published 7:37 PM, August 27, 2015
    Updated 7:37 PM, Aug 27, 2015

BELTED. Female boxer Jujeath Nagaowa fought her pint-sized heart out to win her first world championship, but had one final foe to overcome to receive her belt: The Bureau of Customs. Photo from Nagaowa's Facebook page

MANILA, Philippines – Can you put a price tag on winning a boxing world championship?

The Bureau of Customs apparently thought so and valued Filipina boxer Jujeath Nagaowa’s Women’s International Boxing Association (WIBA) junior flyweight title at P20,147.77 ($431).

The 27-year-old Nagaowa won the Florida-based organization’s 108-pound title on June 6 when she traveled to Macau to defeat Chinese boxer Luo Yu Jie by 10-round decision. The belt only arrived in the Philippines recently, and the BOC billed the Baguio City-born fighter P5,819 ($124 USD) in taxes – P3,027.13 customs duty and P2,782 value added tax – to retrieve the belt.

Nagaowa shared her story to a friend, who made a Facebook post about her plight that went viral. In a post on her own Facebook, Nagaowa (13-15-1, 8 knockouts) says she was able to retrieve the belt with the help of friends.

“Yes, it’s true & yes it hurts, that after battling full 10 rounds of boxing for this belt, & after some days of agony waiting for it's arrival in my place, so much disappointed coz this big thing of mine is also waiting for me for a trade before claiming it,” Nagaowa’s post reads.

“Life must go on (& am just lucky enough with friends) so must have to pay for it than losing the only evidence I could have that once in my existence, I gambled my life for a lifetime treasure that others may take over my throne but can't take this crown.#‎WIBAIntlChampBelt.”

Requests for comment from Nagaowa, her manager Brico Santig, and WIBA representative Ryan Wissow were not returned.

The championship win comes after 8 previous attempts at world titles that ended in defeats. Nagaowa had previously traveled to South Korea, Japan, Australia, Hong Kong, and Thailand in search of championship gold, only to lose oftentimes on close decisions.

Nagaowa's championship win over Luo Yu Jie

In addition to competing in boxing, Nagaowa has also fought in mixed martial arts, maintaining a 2-0 record in competitions with One Championship.

Female boxers, even those at the championship level, rarely if ever get television coverage and typically make significantly smaller purses than their male counterparts. Many also work secondary jobs to support themselves, as was chronicled in an article in The Atlantic in January of this year.

One Philippine-based boxing promoter told Rappler that he was “shocked” about Nagaowa’s situation, saying he had never had that issue with Customs before.

“When they see us with belts they greet us with smiles and congratulate us,” said the promoter.

BOC public relations officer Belle Maestro told Rappler that the agency had only heard of her issue through the viral Facebook post on Thursday, August 27. She said no formal complaint had been filed with the office.

“We’re checking right now what really happened,” Maestro said. “We’re also verifying if awards such as a belt is taxable or not. Apparently it may be, but it could be tax exempted if she requested for it.”

Maestro invited Jujeath to coordinate with BOC directly to apply for a tax exemption for the belt with Department of Finance (DOF), which she says could authorize the tax exemption.

BOC Commissioner Alberto Lina tells Rappler he has asked NAIA district collector Edgar Macabeo to explain why the championship belt was taxed. He also ordered Macabeo submit a report on the incident.

“There is a policy that the rewards and trophies may be exempted from paying taxes if they are able to secure a tax exemption from the DOF. If they failed to secure a tax exempt from the DOF, then they would have to pay the duties and taxes,” said Lina. – Rappler.com
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Boxing

Tricks ? Angels and momentum.