Thread: Eagle Claw

Hybrid View

Eagle Claw

Found this new eagle claw vid, anyone know about them ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf75ZPa8G4s

looks pointless. where are the applications? i didnt see anything practical, just a bald guy dancing......badly.
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Thanks for you insightful and educated reply!

don't know that instructor, but his movement is crisp.

eagle claw style is well known.

If you are thinking of giving it a try them give it a walk in and see how it goes.

cheers!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thanks David :-)

sarcasm aside. you have to ask yourself would you actually be afraid to fight the guy? cos i can tell you now i would HATE to fight my teacher just knowing from experience what he could do to me

where as i would have absolutley no problem fighting that guy.
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    looks pointless. where are the applications? i didnt see anything practical, just a bald guy dancing......badly.
    Its sad when socalled martial arts "experts" spew their ignoranse on toforums What happens is after so long seeing joke martial arts you no longer recgognise actuall martial arts expertise when you see it. Anyone who knows about real martial arts knows that this video shows high level transitions, stances and traditional Eagle Claw attack and defences at a level combining lethal grace from one of Europes top sifus. I know because Ive actually been and trained with Sifu Julian Dale as oposed to you cowards who critisise in ignorance from far away. take a bag for your teeth if you ever dare say this to his face.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenSword View Post
    Its sad when socalled martial arts "experts" spew their ignoranse on toforums What happens is after so long seeing joke martial arts you no longer recgognise actuall martial arts expertise when you see it.
    So was that joke martial arts or was that actual martial expertise?

Data absorbed: shaven man with disconnected movement. 49 seconds to 58 seconds in continuously see him plant the foot and weight and then use only arm power.... this is showing low understanding through form.

Then there's the fact that most martial arts I know only live when two or more people are in armed or unarmed conflict. This is a man moving quickly but badly around a seated audience.

This is expertise?

Blog Entries
    Data absorbed: shaven man with disconnected movement. 49 seconds to 58 seconds in continuously see him plant the foot and weight and then use only arm power.... this is showing low understanding through form.
    so, are you going to make a video and show us what you mean? and i mean video of you doing it the correct way. if you don't show us a video of you doing it the proper way how can you expect anyone to believe what you're saying?
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-11-2011 at 12:36 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

The foot and hand should be connected.

Strikes, lifting and/or pressing motions, they should all be driven forward as if pushing something, like a car. Or is going backwards, with a pulling angle like tugging rope.

The strike or lift or press should culminate at that point where the full body plus gravity employs it. Or if lifting, the other has committed weigh onto you and you lift their base.

Striking after the front horse-like stance lands negates any use of body. It just becomes arm punching.

.... if my student is around this week I'll film some good drills and show form.

form is form, fighting is fighting.

same but different.

always necessary

Thumbs up

or from another perspective you could say form is fighting and fighting is form
    Judge yourself before judging others

Quote Originally Posted by wave01uk View Post
    or from another perspective you could say form is fighting and fighting is form
    I don't know what that perspective would be.
    Certainly not one I would take.

Form can show a persons strength and their weakness, but it cannot demonstrate their ability to defend themselves in reality in any way.

But if you want to be all zen and cerebral (which fighting isn't, it's visceral) then fine.

never be complacent in your training though.

I'm a big supporter of the lessons to be had from tasting your own blood in your mouth. Infinitely useful.

If you never have, if you've never fought, then it deserves your time and effort to do so if one claims to be a martial artist.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I don't know what that perspective would be.
    Certainly not one I would take.

Form can show a persons strength and their weakness, but it cannot demonstrate their ability to defend themselves in reality in any way.

But if you want to be all zen and cerebral (which fighting isn't, it's visceral) then fine.

never be complacent in your training though.

I'm a big supporter of the lessons to be had from tasting your own blood in your mouth. Infinitely useful.

If you never have, if you've never fought, then it deserves your time and effort to do so if one claims to be a martial artist.

But if you want to be all zen and cerebral - hehe, would have said anal. I'll have to remember this one.

I understand what you say. But, I'm not looking to fight, unless I have to. 'Artist' - it is a quest for perfection and preservation of a skill. You don't have to sell paintings to be a painter and enjoy doing it.
    Judge yourself before judging others

Quote Originally Posted by wave01uk View Post
    But if you want to be all zen and cerebral - hehe, would have said anal. I'll have to remember this one.

I understand what you say. But, I'm not looking to fight, unless I have to. 'Artist' - it is a quest for perfection and preservation of a skill. You don't have to sell paintings to be a painter and enjoy doing it.
    Not understanding your equation.

A painter paints, he produces his applied art.

Fighting can only be expressed through fighting. Otherwise it is ballet.

form is a method not an end.

If a martial artist never fights, then all they've done is learn what a brush is a theory on how to use it.

You have to use the brush to create the art.
    Kung Fu is good for you.