Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 92

Thread: Eagle Claw

  1. #1

    Eagle Claw

    Found this new eagle claw vid, anyone know about them ?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf75ZPa8G4s

  2. #2
    looks pointless. where are the applications? i didnt see anything practical, just a bald guy dancing......badly.
    there are only masters where there are slaves

    www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu



    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

  3. #3
    Thanks for you insightful and educated reply!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    don't know that instructor, but his movement is crisp.

    eagle claw style is well known.

    If you are thinking of giving it a try them give it a walk in and see how it goes.

    cheers!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  5. #5
    Thanks David :-)

  6. #6
    sarcasm aside. you have to ask yourself would you actually be afraid to fight the guy? cos i can tell you now i would HATE to fight my teacher just knowing from experience what he could do to me

    where as i would have absolutley no problem fighting that guy.
    there are only masters where there are slaves

    www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu



    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    sarcasm aside. you have to ask yourself would you actually be afraid to fight the guy? cos i can tell you now i would HATE to fight my teacher just knowing from experience what he could do to me

    where as i would have absolutley no problem fighting that guy.
    is it because you have zero experience with him?

    what if you went in with that attitude and he thoroughly trounced you into a tenderized filet?


    just reminding to never underestimate the physical abilities of anybody. It's a tenet of martial arts.

    guys can look goofy as all get out and then beat the living crap out of you with less effort tahn you thought they would use.

    that kind of shortsightedness is a bane to martial thinking.

    In my view, everyone is dangerous, no one is an easy go.

    Mind you I can take on 37 5 years olds with some success before they eventually take out my achilles tendons.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  8. #8
    its called making a judgement call in an actual fight i'd take him seriously but i've seen a thousand guys just like him and none of them are worthy opponents why should he be different?
    there are only masters where there are slaves

    www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu



    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    its called making a judgement call in an actual fight i'd take him seriously but i've seen a thousand guys just like him and none of them are worthy opponents why should he be different?
    dude, you train in an environment of people running around flailing wildly at each other and then you say you can make a judgement call on someone's ability based on one vid of them doing a method?

    please explain
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    dude, you train in an environment of people running around flailing wildly at each other and then you say you can make a judgement call on someone's ability based on one vid of them doing a method?

    please explain
    that was just a mess abotu as i explained, i am judging them off my own experience
    there are only masters where there are slaves

    www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu



    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    10,853
    its just a form. all you can really tell is what you can see. he has good balance, good speed, like dj said hes pretty crisp, his techniques look solid.

    dont know his fight experience, but judging from his bio hes been involved in martial arts for a good bit of time.

    other than that, who knows, maybe he would whoop your ass, maybe he wouldnt.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

  12. #12
    Greetings,

    DJ has got the correct on this one. It is hard to tell what a person can do when they do form. I find it equally difficult to tell how a person can fight by the way they spar these days; sparring and fighting are now an entirely different dynamic.


    mickey

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    just so you know, im not attacking you arhat, I'm just reminding to not short sell anyone.

    especially in this day and age.

    it is always better to regard everyone as dangerous and to ramp it up or down from there.

    that's all i'm saying. it is grossly unfair to make an assessment of someone's combative abilities without ever seeing them in an actual conflict or being involved in a conflict with them directly.

    even in a sportive environment, great ones fall almost daily to lesser knowns, sometimes make a comeback and sometimes lose to a dark horse underdog.

    look at them all as dangerous and it will keep your training methods up.

    p.s, it is only jocularity to make fun of others, but that is separate and aside from any assessments of real abilities.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

    look at them all as dangerous and it will keep your training methods up.
    i think musashi says the same thing, your right i guess
    there are only masters where there are slaves

    www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu



    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

  15. #15

    Wink

    This is a good example of how to complete a form. Anyone who knows and understands something about Chinese martial arts should understand what is going on in this clip and what the purposes of the form are.

    Respect - Like this a lot.
    Judge yourself before judging others

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •