Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Claw

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    So, from what i'm hearing from you is that you're just limited to fighting.
    My martial arts training is focused on unarmed and armed combat. I've been doing it now for over 30 years. Now, after all that time, I train with former pro boxers and competing BJJers and MMAers for my hand-to-hand. I train with an FBI man and a Border Patrol/Customs agents for firearms. Shotguns and pistols.

I also surf and write.

When I surf, it's in the ocean with a surfboard. When I write, it's at the keyboard.

I'm of the life belief that life is wonderful and full of joy. Do whatever you want... but be honest to others and yourself.

If you want to make your world a reality where you wear ancient garb and dance around the room spinning and twirling and accentuating your arm fwirls with crane beaks and tiger claws and floppy little foil swords.... want to beat foam noodles. Awesome!!!!!!

Just be honest that that is the skill you put your time developing. Comment on that training. If you want to take it a step further, philosophize on how it can contribute to self defense. But if you YOURSELF haven't put yourself out there regularly, at least for 5 years (what it takes to get base level of skill in anything), and compared your fighting method/style with an array of others, you're, in my opinion, not qualified to teach martial arts. You're fudging it. You're a non-swimmer teaching someone how to jump onto their surfboard on the beach...... and then arguing with someone who surfs.

Blog Entries
    My martial arts training is focused on unarmed and armed combat. I've been doing it now for over 30 years. Now, after all that time, I train with former pro boxers and competing BJJers and MMAers for my hand-to-hand. I train with an FBI man and a Border Patrol/Customs agents for firearms. Shotguns and pistols.

I also surf and write.

When I surf, it's in the ocean with a surfboard. When I write, it's at the keyboard.

I'm of the life belief that life is wonderful and full of joy. Do whatever you want... but be honest to others and yourself.

If you want to make your world a reality where you wear ancient garb and dance around the room spinning and twirling and accentuating your arm fwirls with crane beaks and tiger claws and floppy little foil swords.... want to beat foam noodles. Awesome!!!!!!

Just be honest that that is the skill you put your time developing. Comment on that training. If you want to take it a step further, philosophize on how it can contribute to self defense. But if you YOURSELF haven't put yourself out there regularly, at least for 5 years (what it takes to get base level of skill in anything), and compared your fighting method/style with an array of others, you're, in my opinion, not qualified to teach martial arts. You're fudging it. You're a non-swimmer teaching someone how to jump onto their surfboard on the beach...... and then arguing with someone who surfs.
    Dude, you do know i'm just giving you a hard time. I do agree with you on some things, i just don't acknowledge that i do. but there are something we don't agree on, and you get so passionate with your words i can't resist pushing them buttons. So my bad.....you just react so nicely hahaha

I train with an FBI man and a Border Patrol/Customs agents for firearms. Shotguns and pistols.
    One of my sihings works for law enforcement and was the local trainer in the bay area here. he brought some awesome knowledge and shared it with us from law enf. point of view.

Believe me or not, when i practice my sets its never empty. Am i training to fight when i practice forms? No. But do i get something out of practicing them? Sure i do. For myself, it was forms that helped me regain strength in my legs after my accident. See, i had to start from ground Zero bro. Horse Stance training taught me about proper weight distribution because i had to rebuild all of that from nothing.

See, after a long day, stressful and all, I can do be alone and work on my Sets. when i do i block out the world and its just me, myself and I working to become something i wasn't prior to learning them. personally, i could care less about what people feel about forms practice. nothing anyone can tell me will change my mind. And, i know the difference between that and training to FIGHT. thats the beauty of it. i can either train to fight, or i can work on my forms. either way, my mind and body still gets a good work out.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-14-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Some boxers, if you see them, will actually deliver pretty powerful strikes with their lead leg planted and the only momentum being leaning forward.
    True.

But even with both feet planted one can push off the back foot to get the weight distributing forward/lean.

Essentially, this is what one develops counting out reverse punches in karate as a white belt..... ichi...ni....san....shi....go....roku....sichi.... hachi...kyuu... juu.

This same momentum transfer is used in breaking a lot from a "static" posture.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    True.

But even with both feet planted one can push off the back foot to get the weight distributing forward/lean.

Essentially, this is what one develops counting out reverse punches in karate as a white belt..... ichi...ni....san....shi....go....roku....sichi.... hachi...kyuu... juu.

This same momentum transfer is used in breaking a lot from a "static" posture.
    Quite correct, the rear foot is and will always be crucial in creating any forward momentum.
    The lead foot is what CAN dictate HOW that momentum is transferred into the target.
    Pros and cons go with that as with anything.
    I've seen KO power from boxers, karateka, WC guys, taiji guys, pretty much any method of striking will produce KO power if these elements are present:
    Speed
    Penetration
    mass
    alignment.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

i'm really good at penetration.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i'm really good at penetration.
    Leave your boyfriend out of this.

dont worry i didnt drop your name...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    dont worry i didnt drop your name...

BURN

I have no comeback. That was good.

Blog Entries
    don't drop the soap neither

lol you guys crack me up

Blog Entries

Hi Ive been surfing the forum for while and I just notised this thread. Theres some funny stuff written here but i just wanted to drop a note to say I saw Master Dale at the show (link below) and I was extremly impressed. I do bjj and muy thai boxing and i was extremly impressed by the fluidity and power demonstrated. Its good to see that real gong fu is alive and well with Master Dale. Just thought youmight want another perspective from outside of the gong fu world as sometimes its hardto tell whats good and whats not without an external perspctive.

James

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drgs6OeVClI

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJones View Post
    Hi Ive been surfing the forum for while and I just notised this thread. Theres some funny stuff written here but i just wanted to drop a note to say I saw Master Dale at the show (link below) and I was extremly impressed. I do bjj and muy thai boxing and i was extremly impressed by the fluidity and power demonstrated. Its good to see that real gong fu is alive and well with Master Dale. Just thought youmight want another perspective from outside of the gong fu world as sometimes its hardto tell whats good and whats not without an external perspctive.

James

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drgs6OeVClI
    Your first post and it's to heap love onto Julian Dale?
    Are you sure you're not a student of his?

Just comes across as... well, weird.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Your first post and it's to heap love onto Julian Dale?
    Are you sure you're not a student of his?

Just comes across as... well, weird.

Not hating, just too vigilant these days.
    Kung Fu is good for you.