Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Claw

Ray you mentioned you should have 5 years fight ex to be a legit teacher. Maybe if ur talking about heavyweights but I mean as a grown man who could fight at at 190-210 pounds standing over six foot with like a seven foot wing spread no five foot four to five foot ten 140-180 ufc champion would stand a chance its like fighting girls buddy would get stretched out and that az would get stomped lol my arms and legs are so long no way they could f with that leverage. Anyway my point is mma gives a false sence of security to little men a 7 foot nba guy who only does aikido would rock a ufc light weight do you disagree?. Like an old sifu I could most likely beat up in a boxing match Im really tall but id be scared to have a sword fight with dude as id be so busy gaurding my ankles just like goliath fighting david that extension of the weapon gives a more equal fighting chance no matter what weight category you train in.

I saw the video and waiting for some great understanding on this, too.
    To take you to the TOP: seo companies

there will always be someone better then you. stronger, faster, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Ray you mentioned you should have 5 years fight ex to be a legit teacher. Maybe if ur talking about heavyweights but I mean as a grown man who could fight at at 190-210 pounds standing over six foot with like a seven foot wing spread no five foot four to five foot ten 140-180 ufc champion would stand a chance its like fighting girls buddy would get stretched out and that az would get stomped lol my arms and legs are so long no way they could f with that leverage. Anyway my point is mma gives a false sence of security to little men a 7 foot nba guy who only does aikido would rock a ufc light weight do you disagree?. Like an old sifu I could most likely beat up in a boxing match Im really tall but id be scared to have a sword fight with dude as id be so busy gaurding my ankles just like goliath fighting david that extension of the weapon gives a more equal fighting chance no matter what weight category you train in.
    That's why there's competition.... it removed speculation and you see the result.

Competition is fair.... which is why I think someone like Novell Bell has dodged it. He's a big man..... it's easier to talk down to overaged sifus who never fought than to compare against an experienced man of equal size.

The first UFCs proved that a smaller man with unique or better skill can better a larger, stronger man.... even several in a single day. This is not so easy to do today, because those "unique" skills (BJJ) have now been widely adopted. But even in boxing extraordinary fighters can drop or gain weight to fight in different weight classes.

There are many reasons not to compete. The reason people do compete is because they believe they can win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    That's why there's competition.... it removed speculation and you see the result.

Competition is fair.... which is why I think someone like Novell Bell has dodged it. He's a big man..... it's easier to talk down to overaged sifus who never fought than to compare against an experienced man of equal size.

The first UFCs proved that a smaller man with unique or better skill can better a larger, stronger man.... even several in a single day. This is not so easy to do today, because those "unique" skills (BJJ) have now been widely adopted. But even in boxing extraordinary fighters can drop or gain weight to fight in different weight classes.

There are many reasons not to compete. The reason people do compete is because they believe they can win.
    novell proly smokes weed lol which can slow you down if all you do is forms and a bit of cardio. Hes big but not cut like a marathon runner or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Diego,

Exactly how much fighting have you really done with your Pak Mei? I don't know anyone that actually fights that talks the way you do.
    -Golden Arms-

If I had to bet on a fight between a random UFC lightweight and a random NBA 7 footer, I'd bet on the UFC lightweight. nearly every UFC lightweight has decent fight experience. They wouldn't be in the UFC otherwise. I don't know any NBA 7 footers personally, but I just don't believe that most have had more than a few fights in thier life and would more times than not get taken down by the UFC fighter and finished. But it's just an assumption.

Being hit is a lot different than hitting. It cuts your endurance big time and you have to deal with pain quickly. lol

A trained fighter, conditioned of the body could definitely take some of the stuffing out of another athlete who knows nothing about fighting.

your average UFC guy, if he's on a card regularly? Yeah, not much anyone is gonna do to that guy without putting in the work. I mean, you could shoot him I suppose, but anyone can shoot anyone. That doesn't take skill. Not that there isn't skill in shooting too, because there is, but not point blank in a street tussle. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

frankie edgar is the current ufc lightweight champ. id bet money on him over any basketball player that does not train to fight. now if that 7 ft basketball player does muay thai and bjj or some equivelant, that would change everything. but a guy who trains to fight, fights, and wins, over a guy who never trains to fight, never fights and never wins fights...well. thats a no brainer really.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Seven foot NBA vs. lightweight MMA? WTF?

Back on to the subject of Eagle Claw.....

Several classic books by Lau Fat Mang are available online (Plumpub.com) but I cannot for the life of me find his book Shaolin Eagle Claw Fist. I was wondering if anybody here has it and would be willing to scan or sell it? Either that or tell me where I could find it myself.
    Thanks

Here are some LFM book Covers

I think the one on the left is the one your talking about.

Hi, I think this is the cover of the one I'm looking for...

hmm, new cover.

What is it supposed to contain?