Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Evans/Rampage TUF 10

Anyone watch the last episode? I'm a Rampage man, and I never was too fond of Rashard, but Rashard is a d@mn good coach, I was impressed to see him work with his guys. I think he gets being a good coach from Greg Jackson. But he is very good at working with the guys.

I was kinda blown away that Rampage just left his fighter alone in the ring, and didn't bother consoling him. The guy just lost his chance of winning the UFC contract, and now has to take the longer route of making it into the UFC. These guys are trying to be professional fighters, and aren't making much until they can get that big contract. His dreams just got further away from him.

And Rampage was feeling sorry for himself as a coach, and was agitated that the young fighter got caught in an anaconda choke. Rashard showed a lot of class by going over there and speaking with the young guy, even though he isn't his coach.
    Last edited by Yung Apprentice; 10-10-2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Hooked on phonics didn't work for me!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    yea, i agree completely. I never thought much of Rampage the first time he coached.

he is funny to listen to though.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

So I finally got to watch the Kimbo Houston fight, got what a snooze fest that was. I got dizzy in the first view rounds watching them dance around the ring. Then laughed my ass off when Goldie was saying we were seeing the evolution of a MMA fighter, and Kimbo had really been working on his ground game and it showed.! Houston (who in notorious for having zero skills on the ground) escaped mount twice via the back door, kimbo went for a rear naked choke, and Goldie bless him got really excited until Rogan pointed out he wasn’t even on his back lol

Three years of ground training with Bas then ATT and this is the level he has got to? Somehow I doubt he will be challenging for the title anytime soon

that was far from a boring fight^ and kimbo improved greatly in it

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    that was far from a boring fight^ and kimbo improved greatly in it
    Far from a boring fight, about 8 minutes of circling one way with a leg kick thrown every 2 minutes?

And he improved greatly… well his level was so low it wasn’t that hard to improve some but greatly…come on against a guy he outweighed and who had no ground skills he had difficulty holding mount and recognising the difference between back mount and laying on someone’s side

yes the only boring part was houston circling away and girly kicking him in the leg

exactly kimbo was just a backyard brawler and hes coming along way

oh come on its not like alenxander has no ground game at all even with some oen whos not thatg ood its still hard to hold them down when they are resisting

yes the only boring part was houston circling away and girly kicking him in the leg

exactly kimbo was just a backyard brawler and hes coming along way

oh come on its not like alenxander has no ground game at all even with some oen whos not thatg ood its still hard to hold them down when they are resisting
    And that lasted for a round and a half, half the match

its rare you see someone just simply stand up and come out of the back door when mounted, its only happens with those not very good at grappling (no idea about using pressure, gripping with the legs etc)

He was a back yard brawler before elite got hold of him, he has been a pro MMA fighter for over two years, training full time and yet his ground skills are still terrible

Alexander has never won by submission, has lost twice to subs and is one of the worst ground guys at that weight catagory why do you think Dana made the match up?

hey you cant make the guy fight look at the letis fight with silva he pretty much ran away a great deal of the time too

yes and again its a fight things can go wrong when your jucied up on adrenaline and the punches are for real look what hapepend with hoyce and matt hughes he made it look like gracie didnt know how to grapple at all

yes thats two years grappling takes alooooong time to learn and master and it all depends on how good his coach is as well

hey you cant make the guy fight look at the letis fight with silva he pretty much ran away a great deal of the time too

yes and again its a fight things can go wrong when your jucied up on adrenaline and the punches are for real look what hapepend with hoyce and matt hughes he made it look like gracie didnt know how to grapple at all

yes thats two years grappling takes alooooong time to learn and master and it all depends on how good his coach is as well
    well one of his coaches was your hero Bas, and the other Ricardo Liborio, probably the best BJJ coach in the world so he did have some good people helping him

Royce was fighting a world class grappler and looked bad, alexander has never looked good and still managed to stand up straight out of mount twice

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    well one of his coaches was your hero Bas, and the other Ricardo Liborio, probably the best BJJ coach in the world so he did have some good people helping him

Royce was fighting a world class grappler and looked bad, alexander has never looked good and still managed to stand up straight out of mount twice
    i know him and bas had a falling out and there was back and forth smack talk between the two including including kimbo saying he wasnt being taught well

exactly a world class grappler looked like he didnt know a darn thing on the ground so imagine how a newb would do

and kimbo had aloooooot on his shoulders for that fight

1 it was his first official ufc fight and supposedly everyone that gets in there the first time has butterflies

and 2. he had to prove he wasnt some hack and he could fight after those bad losses

3 years seems about right....taht would put him at what, blue belt level? And even then of course he isnt going to the ground, he is a st8 banger. I apprectiate what he has gone through. Big up kimbo

i know him and bas had a falling out and there was back and forth smack talk between the two including including kimbo saying he wasnt being taught well

exactly a world class grappler looked like he didnt know a darn thing on the ground so imagine how a newb would do

and kimbo had aloooooot on his shoulders for that fight

1 it was his first official ufc fight and supposedly everyone that gets in there the first time has butterflies

and 2. he had to prove he wasnt some hack and he could fight after those bad losses
    i know you have a hard on for the hughes royce fight but comparing how someone looks fighting a world class grappler (who also has blackbelt levels of submission skills) and how someone looks fighting a fish out of water is just silly.

kimbo fought someone with bad to terrible ground skills and who he outweighed and he still did not look that good on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Cimaroon View Post
    3 years seems about right....taht would put him at what, blue belt level? And even then of course he isnt going to the ground, he is a st8 banger. I apprectiate what he has gone through. Big up kimbo
    3 years of full time training should make him a blue or purple, which means he should know the positions, how to move through them and hold them, how and when to apply submission etc, what i saw in the fight was at best white belt level

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    i know you have a hard on for the hughes royce fight but comparing how someone looks fighting a world class grappler (who also has blackbelt levels of submission skills) and how someone looks fighting a fish out of water is just silly.

kimbo fought someone with bad to terrible ground skills and who he outweighed and he still did not look that good on the ground
    no because nerves and adrenaline both play into it if a so world class grappler can get flustered and let everything go out the window than why is it not suprising a newb grappler would?

oh bollocks you act like kimbo was fihting uriah faber for christssakes lol neither oen of them were small men

no because nerves and adrenaline both play into it if a so world class grappler can get flustered and let everything go out the window than why is it not suprising a newb grappler would?

oh bollocks you act like kimbo was fihting uriah faber for christssakes lol neither oen of them were small men
    It was a catch weight fight and slice was the bigger man

Oh and come off it can't you see the difference between being made to look bad by a champion wrestler and world class submission guy and looking bad whilst fighting someone who is at best a blue belt?

The fact is kimbo has been training full time for three years and in that time has developed a ground game that can be best called mediocre, why do you think they matched him against a striker known for have a bad ground game and who had lost his last three fights in the UFC?