Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Evans/Rampage TUF 10

If last night's fight in any indication of the skill level of this season's fighters, I think Kimbo may stand a chance. On that note, anyone notice that Kimbo was always the leader doing drills on Rampage's team, out front getting it done. Hell, when the big guy was ready to hurl, Kimbo was holding him up trying to help and inspire him. This may be simply good camera work, but I myself am rooting for Kimbo. He is fun to watch, seems humble, and wants to be there. He could have easily gone to another promotion and made money, but he wants to prove he belongs with the best. Regardless, I will be tuning in for the first time in a long time to watch this season, so I guess Dana White did his job. Also, hearing Rampage bust on everyone is worth the watch as well. "Look at the boy, he got titties".
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Hey titties! That was hilarious! Yeah, I hope Kimbo wins or at least goes out to someone experienced in the later fights like Wes Simms for the finals or something. Something where he can still hold his head up.

Lastnight's Ultimate figter

Hey, what did you guys think about last night's ultimate fighter..

It totally grossed a lot of people out..

I am interested in hearing your thoughts?

The show isn't nearly as good as it should be, now that Rashad and Rampage's fight has been postponed. I don't know how much of this is real and how much is staged. I imagine Dana White has asked them to get into arguments as much as possible for our entertainment value. It felt like a waste of time watching last night. I'll just wait for the DVD so I can see the fights.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

the cut

I think that the ref should have stopped the fight to allow the ring doc to check that cut out...at one point, blood was pouring out of his head. but, during the 2nd round, he actually stopped bleeding for a bit.

i missed the strike that did the damage though.

i can't decide where this is going to head...I did see Kimbo take sort of a leading role...was **** funny to see that huge football player gassing like that.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

at the end they had a close up of that cut when it was being stiched shut. nasty looking cut
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

yeah, it was gross...

I wonder if they photoshopped it at all

wow...what a sad fight...but, kinda exemplifies everything i know i've said about 'size matters' ...and conditioning matters more.

Evans team may be in for a rough ride since they are giving up size more often...they might win it but it won't be easy.

and, Roy vs. Kimbo... i dunno, Roy isn't training very hard...or at least they aren't showing him training very hard and Kimbo is getting on it every practice.

i do hope Roy gets that ear drained before the fight...gonna sound like steppin' on a pregnant ****roach if he don't.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

I really hope Nelson gets KTFO by Kimbo. Not only has he let himself go as far as conditioning, but he is a complete tool as well. Never dreamed I would be rooting for Kimbo this season as much as I am, but I guess a good script will do that
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

i don't know about a script...it's all being coached from behind the scenes for sure. And, everything surrounding Kimbo has been thought out long and hard...the question is really about what they have decided to show us which is more after the fact than a script...more in the post-production and editing.

Yeah, I know Nelson has an awesome ground game. If you can hang with Frank Mir and Jeff Monson on the ground, you have skills. I just would like to see the upset, or at least a good showing by Kimbo. My prediction for this fight is that Nelson will beat Kimbo, but Kimbo will put on a good fight and if someone gets injured in the finals, Dana will bring Kimbo back. At least if I were writing the script, that's what I would do.

someone who thinks Nelson will win brought that clip to my attention as proof of his ground game...my retort was that it was a 6 year old clip of a much lighter, fitter Nelson and I'm not so sure we are going to see that level from him.

It seems as if Kimbo has been working hard on his ground defense and sprawls, maybe he can keep it standing.

Yeah there were lots of rumors floating around this season. There was one that Gannon guy who beat Kimbo in his only street fight loss was supposed to be on. Then I heard Wes Simms KOs KImbo in a fight, although they wound up on the same team.

I also heard a rumor that Wes KO's Kimbo at the house, and Kimbo supposedly falls into the pool and begins to drown and wes sits back and watches while other ppl scurry out to save Kimbo. Or that Kimbo loses the first fight of the season, yet he didn't fight the first fight.

Whatever, rumors and supposed spoilers have been wrong so far.