Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Evans/Rampage TUF 10

c'mon it's not like Kimbo is satan or something.

doesn't seem like that bad of a guy give him some credit for actually fighting seriously.

unlike 99% of this forum.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

I'll believe it when I see it.

As for White, he did say the only way this clown would fight in the UFC would be on TUF. So he did stick to his word. If this even happens, of course.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Wow, a promoter catering to sensationalisim and hype to get ratings !!
    What is this world coming to ?!?!

Kimbo won't be the worst guy to ever be on TUF.

Also, the rumor is that Sean Gannon is also in this season, which should make for some interesting tension, if it's true.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Wow, a promoter catering to sensationalisim and hype to get ratings !!
    What is this world coming to ?!?!
    White did bring back Tito too. Business is business.

If Kimbo is indeed on TUF, I wonder if he has improved at all? Is Bas still running around talking about how hard-working and skilled Kimbo is?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I think this is a great move. I for one will be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    White did bring back Tito too. Business is business.

If Kimbo is indeed on TUF, I wonder if he has improved at all? Is Bas still running around talking about how hard-working and skilled Kimbo is?
    As much as I don't like Tito, at least he was a trained fighter. Not some big doof swinging his massive arms hoping to get lucky.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Dana White's former remarks on Kimbo aside, this is actually a brilliant move.
    He gets to pull Kimbo on board, and in doing so attract all the hype and audience that Kimbo has built up. Is anyone talking about Fedor's next fight on Affliction? nope, all the talk is Kimbo, TUF, and UFC 100.

In addition, rumblings have been made about UFC wanting or needing to attract more of the African American and Latino prospective untapped fans out there. Bringing in Kimbo is a fair move in that direction.

Lastly, Dana doesn't look like a hypocrite and sell out, because he is in essence putting Kimbo through the works, giving him a test. As a result, if Kimbo gets powned, Dana can simply say "look, I told you so before", and if Kimbo does well or even wins, he can point out that Kimbo has trained over the past few years and then on the show and evidently legitimized his self and wasn't just given a pass for being Kimbo Slice.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post

Lastly, Dana doesn't look like a hypocrite and sell out, because he is in essence putting Kimbo through the works, giving him a test. As a result, if Kimbo gets powned, Dana can simply say "look, I told you so before", and if Kimbo does well or even wins, he can point out that Kimbo has trained over the past few years and then on the show and evidently legitimized his self and wasn't just given a pass for being Kimbo Slice.
    Yup. And Dana may even admit he was wrong Kimbo makes it in (although I doubt it).

I don't know who the other contestant will be, but do you think Kimbo will still intimidate the less experiened fighters?

Quote Originally Posted by golgo View Post
    Yup. And Dana may even admit he was wrong Kimbo makes it in (although I doubt it).

I don't know who the other contestant will be, but do you think Kimbo will still intimidate the less experiened fighters?
    I doubt it too. Notice the last few seasons the fighters had to win a fight to make it on the show. They aren't doing that this season.

I'b bet the other guys are chomping at the bit to fight him.

I don't know why everyone is so hard on Kimbo, the guy never said he was awesome. He said it himself, he is still learning the trade, and with only four fights under his belt can you really blame him? How many MMA fighters on here can say in their first four fight they looked good against PROFESSIONAL fighters, not amateur fighters.

I don't know how he gives an organization a bad rep. The guy used to beat up guys on youtube a couple years back, but he wasn't really tested (except Ganon) because of his size. So what does he do, he goes into arguable the toughest combat sport there is to test himself and improve. And he's composed himself in a professional manner, even though the whole time ppl like Dana called him a freak and a sideshow. I don't recall Kimbo ever returning the favor.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Just watched a sneak peak clip on the TUF mainpage.

I really want to see Kimbo go in there, train his ass off, stay out of the drama and prove he is willing to work...wether he win or lose at any given point.

I thought it was BS of Rampage to start off the way he did by telling Kimbo he didn't need to do anything during the 1st workout. They didn't show past that in the sneak peak but I'm hoping Kimbo gets out their and works.

and, frak, those football players are hyuge!!!! even Rashad and Rampage could be seen to kinda swallow and go 'oh, sh!t'.

GreenCloud...not to steal your thunder for starting this topic but I might create a TUF 10 topic and merge this with it...i think there is going to be a lot of discussion about this season and might as well merge things early. *edit* well, looky there...you had one started already
    Last edited by Oso; 09-12-2009 at 04:34 PM.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

id like to see kimbo win the whole thing

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Dang you say that cut on dude's head?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    yea, no ****.

pretty unimpressive fight, wrestler couldn't finish, big guy was out of it from the beginning

the 4 fights on 'Fight Night' were pretty good...especially the first one.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"