Thread: CSL Wing Chun Figther Alex Wright Wins K1 Rules fight

CSL Wing Chun Figther Alex Wright Wins K1 Rules fight

Hi Guys

This is my student Alex Wright fighting a K1 rules fight.

In won in the second round.

2 weeks after Alex also won a semi pro MMA fight as well.

http://www.northernfightleague.co.uk...right_Vs_Jones

best

Alan

Congratulations.

Not to take anything away, but he was lucky in that fight vid. He's got a serious guard-dropping problem whenever he throws anything: unless it was just because he had such a reach advantage. And fair play, he used his reach to great effect, helped not in any small way by his opponent being the blind flailer type with a serious lack of gas.

Yeah, I know, serious cheesy armchairing! He'll get worse if he goes pro!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Congratulations.

Not to take anything away, but he was lucky in that fight vid. He's got a serious guard-dropping problem whenever he throws anything: unless it was just because he had such a reach advantage. And fair play, he used his reach to great effect, helped not in any small way by his opponent being the blind flailer type with a serious lack of gas.

Yeah, I know, serious cheesy armchairing! He'll get worse if he goes pro!
    I think all fighters have can have luck in fights. But more that that its hard training, skill development and heart that wins fights.

Yes, Alex drops his guard at times and that is a problem to fix. But he is in the cage and thats a good place to learn quick what needs fixing! I lot of people can sit back and say what to do, but doing it is a lot harder.

His opponent had a long record of kickboxing fights. Alex caught him more than a few times which as many will know can break a fighters game. Guys gas when they are stressed.

Alex is always the first to look at his fights and work out what needs to be improved. Thats why my guys do it.

Two of his students won MMA fight a few weeks back as well. So the CSL system is being tested at all levels.

Best

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post
    I think all fighters have can have luck in fights. But more that that its hard training, skill development and heart that wins fights.
    Yeah, and that shows through pretty well in this fight.

Yes, Alex drops his guard at times and that is a problem to fix. But he is in the cage and thats a good place to learn quick what needs fixing! I lot of people can sit back and say what to do, but doing it is a lot harder.
    To be fair, I think it's more honest to say he raises his guard at times! Like I said, I'm shamelessly armchairing. Dropping my guard is one thing I've rarely done even under pressure since I had my head repeatedly boxed and kicked for doing so in the first few MMA classes I took! But then we've all got our failings: under pressure I sometimes went the other way and shelled up without throwing enough punches. But maybe the guard thing is a product of no head shot matches - I came across it a lot in MMA with some of the kyokushin guys who'd only had standard kyokushin comps.

His opponent had a long record of kickboxing fights. Alex caught him more than a few times which as many will know can break a fighters game. Guys gas when they are stressed.
    Yeah, a lot of beginners gas quickly when caught, and it can happen to anyone, beginner or not... and your man did give him a good pasting!

Alex is always the first to look at his fights and work out what needs to be improved. Thats why my guys do it.

Two of his students won MMA fight a few weeks back as well. So the CSL system is being tested at all levels.

Best

Alan
    Cool, keep it up.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Nice work Alan, and what you say here :

So the CSL system is being tested at all levels.
    Should be the mantra of all fighting MA.

I'm impressed with the fight. I see a lot of WC body structure (hip linked to elbow) and more of a square-on stance. Alex is right there when his opponent shells up a bit. Alex also has some good solid counterpunching as well.

You guys keep it up!
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

PS Alan,

Why don't I see a lot of Wing Chun kicking done to the legs/knees? If The Spider Silva can do it, we can show him where it came from (LOL).
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Great fight Alex!

Congrats on the win!