Thread: Q for Taai Gihk Yahn

Q for Taai Gihk Yahn

Watcha Chris,

a while back, under your other moniker, you posted a link to a really cool medical myth study directory, but it seems we can't search for things from your old moniker... could you post it again please?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

are you talking about quackwatch?

http://www.quackwatch.com/

Cheers, think that's the one.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

kewl

have fun

holy crap!!!

There's a lot of stuff there.

Should i just print it all out and start randomly beating stupid hippies with it?

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    holy crap!!!

There's a lot of stuff there.

Should i just print it all out and start randomly beating stupid hippies with it?

don't forget the New Age-ers as well...

seriously though, I'd say that instead to give it a solid read-through: there's some very good stuff, and some not so good stuff; e.g. - his complete and total dismissal of acupuncture / TCM, chiropractic, osteopathy, etc. is a bit one-sided, and does ignore some of the more recent research which is much better designed than what was around even 5 to 10 years ago; like anything, there's personal bias involved, but it's a good resource, especially if you are, like myself, a practitioner who uses some of what he "debunks" (in my case, osteopathic manual therapy), because it points to the potential pitfalls of methodologies that can easily drift into excessive subjectivity, and not take into account things like general tendency of human physiology to move towards homeostasis,m especially when given just about any sort of input that decreases sympathetic tone...