Thread: OT: Manny Pacquiao vs. Shane Mosley!

Hybrid View

OT: Manny Pacquiao vs. Shane Mosley!

Woo! Its actually gonna happen!

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20238

Can't believe it. Pacquiao really has a chance to take out the entire top level of the welterweight division, should he win this fight, and grab yet another title.

Why delay what everyone wants? I can understand some arguments like Pacquiao wants to stay active, or that he may be using Mosely as a warm up for the fight everyone wants, but I think this may get cyclic and potentially jeopardize a Mayweather Pacquio fight from happening. Assuming Mayweather beats Marquez, will he then wait for Pacquiao? or will he jump on a different fight or move up to challenge the Jr welters/Super lights or just retire again?

I really can't understand. If the Pacquiao camp wanted the biggest fight they could get, obviously it was going to be with Mayweather unless Marquez gets the upset. If they wanted money, obviously it would be with Mayweather. Hopefully Mayweather will wait after his fight. There are no other super fights waiting for him except maybe Cotto, but I don't think Mayweather wants that one, and I don't see him giving someone like Valero, Kotelnik, Urango, or Ortiz shots.

Pacquiao is still waiting to make his decision until the Mayweather/Marquez fight happens. At that point, he'll have incredible bargaining power as Mayweather, Marquez, Cotto and Mosley will be wanting a fight with him, all at the same time.

Pacquaio/Moseley &Mayweather/Marquez

If P/M happens that makes sense. Anything can happen. Moseley has solved his breathing and late round stamina and tightening up problems and Pacquaio appears to improve with each fight.

But the Mayweather/Marquez fight is the more interesting one. Both are smart fighters with good trainers and corners. The real question is whether putting on more weight will have a negative effect on Marquez. barring the weight issue- Marquez has the skills to edge and defeat Mayweather...I don't think bya knockout- though you never say never. Marquez jabs pretty well- Mayweather doesn't jab too much. With the jab, Oscar de la Hoya had the edge on Mayweather in early rounds but he slowed down in the final rounds thinking that he was winning handily. Marquez does get hit a little more than Mayweather but Marquez also packs power in both hands very well...lighter but the bigger hitter and survives id adversity...mentally tough.

Marquez IMO has edged Pacquaio twice- he took the last bad split decision gracefully and Pacquaio would have trouble landing solidly on slippery Mayweather. Hatton is powerful but not slippery or as smart.

While weight makes a difference -it counts more in boxing than in some kung fu--sure just IMO>

joy chaudhuri

Most of the boxing sites are already reporting that the Pacquiao Mosely fight is all but set up by the promoters and will take place in October. If either camp wants a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight to happen, one of them is going to have to chill for 3 extra months, otherwise Pacquiao at least will have to take at least one fight against a mandatory ranked challenger if he does not agree to fight Mayweather next, and Mayweather also agrees. If Pacquiao or Mayweaher sleeps on the up and comers, or worse, somehow gets bamboozled into a fight with Williams, I think they (Pacquiao and Mayweaher) will miss this most opportune time frame to make the next mega-mega fight.

Williams

William's freakish reach and windmill continuous energy is something else! He may have to move up in weight to get fights.

joy chaudhuri