Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP David Carradine

Hybrid View

RIP David Carradine

David Carradine has died aged 72.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8083479.stm
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Forgive me, really, but while a loss to his family, and RIP and condolances, yet another part of me says "thank G'd, at least he won't be riding the kung fu wagon any longer"

People seem to forget that when he got the role in the original Kung Fu show he said "hey, I'm just an actor, and I don't believe or practice any of this crap, it's just a role"

Then, on hard times, he became "mr kung fu"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Forgive me, really, but while a loss to his family, and RIP and condolances, yet another part of me says "thank G'd, at least he won't be riding the kung fu wagon any longer"

People seem to forget that when he got the role in the original Kung Fu show he said "hey, I'm just an actor, and I don't believe or practice any of this crap, it's just a role"

Yeah, but like it or not, he was still responsible for raising awareness of kung fu for a lot of people! Oh, wait a minute... so he was responsible for the watering down and bull$hitizing of modern kung fu? What an a55hole!

Er, I mean, RIP.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

BANGKOK (AP) -- Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu" who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-old actor. He says Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

The Web site of the newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room and is believed to have committed suicide.
    Carradine was a leading member of a venerable Hollywood acting family that included his father, character actor John Carradine, and brother Keith.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The man struggled with some demons, that's for sure.
    RIP.

Carradine comitted suicide?

You know i have a real hard time buying into that horsesh!t. I guess we will never know since he was in Bangkok thailand and found Hung in a hotel room. i mean maybe i am in denial but it just doesnt seem plausable. Anyway, i think its a real bummer. I was and still am a Fan of Carradine,despite LKFmdouchebag's comments.
    i feel we have lost a hollywood icon and i am bummed about it.
    RIP Mr carradine, was a pleasure to get to talk with you when i did all those years ago.

Peace, TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

.....And what is your excuse for ¨becoming¨ and claiming the title of "Mr kung fu sifu"?
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 06-06-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    .....And what is your excuse for ¨becoming¨ and claiming the title of "Mr kung fu sifu"?

Yeah, that's not nearly as good as "Two Year Grandmaster"

Im not trying to be funny but when you die doesnt your body stay in the state in which you passed. So if it was the AEA wouldnt he have still had a boner while hangin there. Matter fact all they need to do is check his hands for semen and the case will be solved. You would would think Kung Fu would have a little more self discipline then that in the first place anyway. I thought your body was a temple, jagging off hangin from a ceiling kind of negates that theory. Oh BTW RIP.

Past-Present-Future

I salute David Carradine and all the others of that helped bring KF and Martail Arts to the attention of the world and those of us that are doing it today and all those that will continue to carry it on in the future.
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

David Carradine did a lot for the perception of the martial arts in the West. If nothing else, he was one who presented them as a vehicle for growth and as a last resort when faced with injustice.

He was, like many actors before him, typecast after this role, but if you see him in movies such as Kill Bill, part 2; he was quite an actor.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Carradine. Rest in Peace.

David Carradine RIP

Actor David Carradine found deadStory Highlights

David Carradine's personal manager says actor's body found in a Bangkok hotel

Carradine became famous in the 1970s after starring in the TV series "Kung Fu"

Carradine, 72, was also known as "Bill" in Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill" films

updated 6 minutes agoNext Article in Entertainment »

Read VIDEO
    From Jack Hannah
    CNN

(CNN) -- American actor David Carradine has been found dead in a Bangkok, Thailand, hotel, according to his personal manager, Chuck Binder.

David Carradine became famous in the 1970s after starring in the television series "Kung Fu."

Binder said Thursday that the death is being investigated but could provide no other details.

Carradine's death was "shocking and sad. He was full of life, always wanting to work ... a great person," Binder said, according to People magazine.

Carradine, who became famous in the 1970s when he starred as traveling Shaolin monk Kwai Chang Caine in the television series "Kung Fu," was 72.

Modern audiences may best know him as "Bill" in Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill" films. He earned a 2005 Golden Globe nomination for his role in the second movie in the two-part saga. iReport: Share memories of David Carradine

His career included more than 100 feature films, two dozen television movies and theater work, according to the Internet Movie Database.

Don't Miss
    People: David Carradine found dead in hotel room
    Carradine, who was married five times and divorced four, is survived by his widow, Annie Bierman, according to People magazine. Watch Carradine talk about his 'Kung Fu' role »

He was the son of actor John Carradine, a character actor who had appeared in hundreds of films, plays and television episodes.

"David's career as an artist did not begin on the stage, though some of his early career was on and off Broadway. His earliest work was as a sculptor and painter," Carradine's official Web site says.
    Jim

wow, R.I.P.
    Forget about Yesterday, Live for Today and Pray for Tomorrow
    www.Weaponsathand.com

Suicide, Foul Play or... Bondage?

Not to make light of a sad situation, but Thai police said they found Carradine with a rope around his neck and other parts of his body, with a preliminary investigation citing suicide by the actor. From the BBC:

"Thai police told the BBC the 72-year-old was found by a hotel maid sitting in a wardrobe with a cord around his neck and other parts of his body."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8083479.stm

Shocking and sad. While we all had our varying opinions of the man who played Kwai Chang Caine for so many years, he was undoubtedly an influential character in the development of Shaolin Kungfu in the western world.

May your soul find peace in the afterlife, David.

herb ox