Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: RIP David Carradine

Any Hollywood members?

If so, go to this show and let us know here how it is.

Hollywood Museum honors 'Kung Fu' star David Carradine

The late David Carradine is the subject of a new exhibit at the Hollywood Museum. (Damon Winter / Los Angeles Times / April 7, 2004)

By Susan King
    June 13, 2013, 9:19 a.m.

The Hollywood Museum is celebrating the legacy of the late David Carradine, who was best known for his role in the 1970s TV series, "Kung Fu" and for his title role in Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill" martial arts flicks.

"The Barefoot Legend: David Carradine — a Contemporary Renaissance Man" opens June 21 at the museum, located at the venerable Max Factor Building in Hollywood, and continues through September.

The exhibit will feature costumes, props and other materials, including his personal sword collection, that shine the spotlight not only on his acting career, but his work as an artist and musician.

Carradine, the son of legendary character actor John Carradine, made his feature film debut in the 1964 Western, "Taggart." It was his role as Kwai Chan Caine ("Grasshopper") in the 1972-1975 series "Kung Fu" that made him a star. In 1976, he played singer Woody Guthrie in Hal Ashby's acclaimed 1976 "Bound for Glory."

He made more than 100 movies and was nominated four times for a Golden Globe-the last time for 2004's "Kill Bill: Vol. 2."

Carradine died in June 2009 at the age of 72. His death in Bangkok, where he was making a movie, made headlines when he was found hanging naked in his hotel room. His death was ruled asphyxiation by hanging but not a suicide.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

every time I think about Carradine, I get all choked up....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

It must be from all that closeted emotions you have for him.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

??????

That photo...

..... they had him stuffed?

mickey

I was the big fannies of david carrradine. I wish we could meet and hang.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

lmao you guys are azzholes
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

to be fair, we'd rip on each other just as much if any of us were found in a closet in a thailand hotel dead whilst performing erotic self(supposedly self) asphyxiation to pass the time.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

To be fair, the guy is in the sex capitol of the planet and instead of going out he decides to yank it by himself in the closet

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

to be fair, he was probably being choked and stroked by one of bawangs suggested thai trannys. but they didnt stick around. i mean, who would want to admit to banging david carradine in a closet?

To be fair, he probably was not stuffed.

He was freeze dried.

mickey

he was stuffed and mounted

but not in that order

This bit of thread necromancy came out much funnier than I imagined it would

Just out of curiosity, who else here has ever been to Thailand? I spent a couple weeks there and came back bruised and the victim of a robbery.

David Carradine exhibition to open at the Hollywood Museum

David Carradine arrives on the red carpet at the 18th annual Night of 100 Stars Oscar viewing party at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on February 24, 2008. (UPI Photo/David Silpa)
    Published: June 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM

LOS ANGELES, June 13 (UPI) -- The Hollywood Museum says its exhibit "The Barefoot Legend: David Carradine -- A Contemporary Renaissance Man" is to open next week.

Co-sponsored by The Hollywood Reporter, the exhibit honoring Carradine's life and career is to run from June 21 through September. On display will be iconic costumes, props and materials from his "Kung Fu" television show and "Kill Bill" movies, as well as numerous other items intended to present imagery and artifacts from his life as an actor, artist and musician.

"The Hollywood Museum is thrilled to present this milestone exhibit showcasing David Carradine's many awards and his exciting, fast-paced professional and personal life," Donelle Dadigan, the museum's president and founder, said in a statement. "The first of its kind to capture the many facets and talents of this truly contemporary Renaissance man, the exhibit is here for the public and fans to experience this summer."

Carradine died in Bangkok in June 2009. His death at 72 was ruled asphyxiation by hanging that was not a suicide. The actor was found hanging naked in a hotel closet with a rope tied around his neck and genitals. He had been in the Thai city working on a film at the time he died.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Just out of curiosity, who else here has ever been to Thailand? I spent a couple weeks there and came back bruised and the victim of a robbery.
    you should have used more lube

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    To be fair, thats what happens when you travel to Thailand with David Carradine.

You know, there's probably some hippy out there who based his entire world view around the kind of pseudo jewish/buddhist/taoist/christian/confucian philo platitudes spouted by DC on a weekly basis in the 70's who is now raging in apoplectic shock at you guys.

So...good job!
    Kung Fu is good for you.