Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
Probably why Lam Wing-Fei's Jook Lum favored elusive movement, and rapid-fire, multiple strikes utilizing the fung-an choy to nerve clusters.

BTW-to people who are ready to go off and troll about "all that phoenix-eye, etc is bull****, Jook Lum also has heavier strikes, elbows, hammerfists, etc. It's not all "deadly dim-mak."

And...look at it this way-if I have a ballpien hammer, and I pop you in the face, you will be in a world of hurt, (even if momentarily) and I can follow up. It's not magic, or mysticism. It's just pain and the shock that accompanies it. It's not meant to be a coup de gras, but more of a set-up. Like a jab, but causing a heckuvalot more sharp pain. It's only one tool out of many.
I can and have drilled people though phone books with my PE fist, I used it as a Kubotan !!

Years ago the JKA did a study about muscular strenght and effort in strikes ( It can be found in Nakayamas book, Dynamic Karate) and they found that the first 3 strikes of combination were the most powerful, the 2nd being the most, but after that there was a CONSIDERABLE drop in force and speed.