Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gina Carano vs Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos Strikeforce 8/15/9

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    i can only hope

i think gene jinxed her by talking to her lets blame him jk

Yeah I'm blaming Gene.

She needs to work on take down defense and the ground game.

Speaking of ground game, I wouldn't mind helping her out on that one.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

it look like she gassed right awaY to no?i
    nah sorry working on her ground game is my new position

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

She undoubtedly would have done better if you hadn't kept her up all night!

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

sadly outclassed...

Carano looked tentative, flat-footed and ultimately stunned; anyone who thinks that she would have miraculously "recovered" for Round 2 is clearly clueless;

I agree though, it's all Gene's fault; I predict an angry mob with torches at his office tomorrow...

i honestly love the woman to death but it didnt look like she took the fight training seriously that did not look like the gina ive seen before

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn P. View Post
    She undoubtedly would have done better if you hadn't kept her up all night!
    i cant be blamd for being irresistible

well me and gene both had something in common tonight we were wearing i love gina carano shirts and louding cursing at the televison in chinese lol

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    Carano looked tentative, flat-footed and ultimately stunned; anyone who thinks that she would have miraculously "recovered" for Round 2 is clearly clueless...
    Lacklustre and tentative, but I don't think outclassed. I read the fight report before I saw it and it sounded a lot worse. She was punching constantly, had several good recoveries and two good escapes on the ground. However, I think she was unprepared for how hard Cyborg was hitting and just how big the reach advantage was...

Looking at the vids of them training yesterday, I predicted this outcome, and would lay the blame almost completely on the trainers. Carano's looked unfocussed and unnaggressive, and too little concentrated on fight skills and explosiveness and more on endurance of the slowly carrying something variety... like the bit when they were bungie-tied to their trainers/equipment: Cyborg was doing sprints and fighting footwork, Carano was jogging.

And yes, Chris, she looked 'ultimately stunned': it's called a (T)KO!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

ive heard around the campfire couture is getting oola la with gina as well maybe they were to busy messin about and not training enough

its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Cyborg was just too big. Gina landed some good shots, but she just couldn't handle those bombs Cyborg was throwing. At one point, though, Gina had a full mount and gave it up. That, and getting caught in a heel hook and an Americana show her lack of jiu-jitsu skill.

I like Cyborg. Everyone dogs her because she isn't a covergirl, but she is very humble and down-to-earth.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Lacklustre and tentative, but I don't think outclassed. I read the fight report before I saw it and it sounded a lot worse. She was punching constantly, had several good recoveries and two good escapes on the ground. However, I think she was unprepared for how hard Cyborg was hitting and just how big the reach advantage was...
    it's debatable - I mean, what defines outclassed in this case? it's hard to say exactly as the field is not as deep as the men's side; it just seemed to me that Santos dictated the whole flow of the match, Carano never got her game off the ground at all; I mean, if you look at a lot of Carano's other fights, it seems like she often looses her structure, but the level of opponent she fights allows her to get away w/that; also, Santos is used to 5 min. rounds, Carano wasn't; put that all together...i.d.k.

Looking at the vids of them training yesterday, I predicted this outcome, and would lay the blame almost completely on the trainers. Carano's looked unfocussed and unnaggressive, and too little concentrated on fight skills and explosiveness and more on endurance of the slowly carrying something variety... like the bit when they were bungie-tied to their trainers/equipment: Cyborg was doing sprints and fighting footwork, Carano was jogging.
    I agree, I got the same feeling: Carano never displayed the same level of intensity and even when asked about predictions, she seemed unsure of what she was up against - it was like Rocky / Mr. T. ...

And yes, Chris, she looked 'ultimately stunned': it's called a (T)KO!
    lol; yeah, I meant before that - at one point she seemed to have this realization that she hit Santos w/the best she had, stuff that would have significantly impacted on anyone she's fought previously, and it didn't go anywhere - it just looked like that she couldn't quite understand what was happening;

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Cyborg was just too big. Gina landed some good shots, but she just couldn't handle those bombs Cyborg was throwing. At one point, though, Gina had a full mount and gave it up. That, and getting caught in a heel hook and an Americana show her lack of jiu-jitsu skill.
    yep; I don't think any of her previous opponents had the full-package like Santos, and it was overwelming - caused her to make some bad decisions and showed the gaps in her training; if she's smart and motivated, she'll learn a lot from this and improve her game;

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I like Cyborg. Everyone dogs her because she isn't a covergirl, but she is very humble and down-to-earth.
    I think she's very gracious and IMPO, a lot more sincere than Carano; she deserved this, no question;

what's up w/Cotoure and the women he trains getting pounded? (meaning the last debacle w/his wife - at least Carano didn't talk stupid afterwards!)

well me and gene both had something in common tonight we were wearing i love gina carano shirts and louding cursing at the televison in chinese lol
    Is Gene teaching you how to curse in Chinese? Very useful of him.

yup youd be suprised the words i know now!

the whole thing look weird why the hell would you give up the mount?you dont have to do bjj to know being on top of somebody is a good thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    the whole thing look weird why the hell would you give up the mount?you dont have to do bjj to know being on top of somebody is a good thing lol
    I think it was indicative of her having been somewhat disoriented in general by the first few shots that Santos connected with...