Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Internal training fail?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Is practicing kyokushin practicing an internal art?
    NO.
    At least not in the beginning.
    Kyokushin has always followed the "traditional" japanese/okinawan mode of development:
    To use your own terms (since I don't believe in internal or external)-
    Kyokushin starts off external, goes to a blend of external/internal as one progresses and finishes as internal.
    This is typical of japanese systems brought over from Okinawa and while Kyokushin has some shotokan, it is by far more "goju" than "shotokan".

You have a very good point.

As for "internal or external" term, those are just one type of catagorization instead of a belief, they do refer to a certain characteristics.

What is the content or the component one practice is the facts which one needs to face.

As we can see, based on Ibuki, Nogeri, sanchin, tenson....

In the Kyokushin case, Kyokushin is practice more "internal " components then most WCK which claim to be "internal'. it is a fact. IE some WCner claim SLT/SNT but did they practice thier SLT/SNT based on an "Internal" principle or practice such as the Kyokushin applied Ibuki in the Tenso and daily life practice? That is a question one needs to face.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good that you sometimes have thoughts!
    And not so good that you have dumba$$ thoughts like boxing punches only work against people in the same weight class.

Talk about theoretical non-fighting bull$hit coming from a guy who trains in a system whose punches mostly work against smaller, lighter opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post

- This above is a 1000% misleading. and clueless.
    - It is true what above describe doesnt work. Even the Theory is totally misleading. HOwever, TCMA IMA is not this totally, Absolutely not as the above.
    - that is CERTAIN. but limited only to those who knows the process of Fajin
    - Again, the above make no sense totally at all. This type of view is 100000% not accord to IMA or Taiji and totally goes in an OPPOSITE direction of Taiji or IMA.
    - The idea above is NOThing to do with TaiJi or IMA but someone's ignorance speculative Idea. Draw conclusion on the above ideas is also blind speculation without knowing what is reality.

So this is how you discuss in a professional way?

if you disagree with any technical content on Internal training discuss,

present your details evident and reasoning which support you on the subject -- in this case why is internal training fail , that simple and straight forward.

That is what professional way is. Can you follow that ?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-11-2009 at 06:30 AM.

Vbg

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    And not so good that you have dumba$$ thoughts like boxing punches only work against people in the same weight class.

Talk about theoretical non-fighting bull$hit coming from a guy who trains in a system whose punches mostly work against smaller, lighter opponents.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your exposure to wing chun is limited but of course you are obsessed with commenting often ina personal way. Too bad.

joy chaudhuri

Joy, Robert, Hendrick,

Based on what's been said so far.

I do the first third of SLT (on its own, I don't usually do more than that) as more of a breath and mind training tool, primarily for relaxation, mental and physical.

Could this be an example of internal practice as I am using it for the health benifits rather that technique training, even though the technique training is there?

Thanks again.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    Joy, Robert, Hendrick,

Based on what's been said so far.

I do the first third of SLT (on its own, I don't usually do more than that) as more of a breath and mind training tool, primarily for relaxation, mental and physical.

Could this be an example of internal practice as I am using it for the health benifits rather that technique training, even though the technique training is there?

Thanks again.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It can help if you do it right. Have you been shown how to get a good start with it?
    Regards,

joy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your exposure to wing chun is limited
    As is your exposure to boxing... obviously.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It can help if you do it right. Have you been shown how to get a good start with it?
    Regards,

joy
    I think I do. I have some training in both TWC and Moy Yat. At least up to SLT.

Could this be an example of internal practice as I am using it for the health benifits

Unless you can enter into Silence, to be real honest, there is not much benifit and not much harm.

however, make sure sure that in case any pressure or un comfortable or stug or forcefull in the diaphram area such as stop breathing, hold breathing, or strech longer breathing. STOP right the way and Never do it that same way which cause the diaphram area to be un comfortable. that uncomfortable is damaging the internal organs in the long run.

The proper result is:

One needs to enter into silence, where the body loose up, the mind quiet, the breathing is so dim that not even notice with a rate of less then 6 breathing per minutes but NATURE without MIND control.

when one enter into Silecne, it feels like one is sleeping standing. all part of the body feel light and even slight levitating feeling. the whole feet touching the ground but no rigid stress. the tigh, angkle,.... all loose....

and within the silence, the part of body which is ill usually will surface as different type of sensation. a healthy body in gereral must feel like "no body" but a transparent empty space with no stuck.

for health,
    One works with one's body when one is in silence, the stug or different sensation surface, and one have different methods to resolve....etc (wont tell you here because there are different technics based on different way and different level of kung fu......etc. these stuffs needs a teacher to coach one. it is absolutely not about Believing or mental speculation or spiritual. )

But then one needs to learn how to enter and exit from the silence smoothly. otherwise it can create issues. this is because the qi will surface and one needs to know how to handle them in term of body, mind, breathing.....etc.

Thus, I always advise other to Go Baisi and learn from someone who really have the experience instead of trial and erro which most of the time is wasting of life and have no benifit.

hope that help.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-11-2009 at 11:21 AM.

Hendrick, Thank you for your answer, yes, it was a help.

I can't say I enter into silence when I do this but at least I can turn the volume down and clear my head some.

Hendrick, Thank you for your answer, yes, it was a help.

I can't say I enter into silence when I do this but at least I can turn the volume down and clear my head some.

Ok. Good.

are you a spiritual person?

if you dont reject religion (your own religion) , the simplest and safest way to get into silence is doing Prayer. relax the body and your job is only to keep doing prayer with the intention only to keep the prayer as effortless / ease as possible and in the same time not losing the prayer into a doze of or falling into sleeping dreaming state.

you can do that before get out from bed.

However, a serious rule of thumb is NO SEX six hour before and after the practice of entering into the silence/prayer...etc. Because the Sensation stimulation of mind and body while in sexual activity WILL drain or screw up your energy flow. IE short circuit a full charge battery or short circuit a battery while still charging it.

Be really really carefull.

Thus, again, get a sifu if you want to walk this path to be safe.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-11-2009 at 12:05 PM.

No, I am not a spiritual person. But I do use counting breaths as another way of quieting down the mind and returning to the here and now.

Hendrick, again thanks for the replies. I appreciate your time and effort.

Hendrick, again thanks for the replies. I appreciate your time and effort.
    You are welcome. Hope your practice benifit your mind and body!

another thing is TCMA IMA's has a similar type of basic power generation components with The Jack Dempsey's falling step which is practice in Boxing.

One could find these in White Crane of Fujian and Chen Taiji...etc.

So, Why is Internal art training fail?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-11-2009 at 01:22 PM.