Thread: I saw a real street fight tonight.

I saw a real street fight tonight.

It was at an intersection close to me home. 4 teenagers (2 from each car) got out at a red light and starting swinging. It lasted about 15 seconds before they jumped back into their cars when the light changed. Nothing impressive, wild haymakers, a weak takedown, some lame attempts to kick one while down and a lot of cussing. No one appeared injured before they sped off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    might be kids just pllaying to freak out the bystanders.
    We used to pull stuff like that at lights alla time.
    Were there any injuries?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    might be kids just pllaying to freak out the bystanders.
    We used to pull stuff like that at lights alla time.
    Were there any injuries?
    I don't think they were trying to freak out strangers, but who knows. I didn't get that impression.

From my perspective across the intersection, any injuries were superficial bruises, busted lips etc. It didn't look like any of them knew how to fight as all the techniques were really wild (sweeping haymakers etc) but I could see intent to harm nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

one of my friends was walking home from work one night in a tuxedo. he was crossing the bridge over the highway and saw these three guys dropping pumpkins onto I-80, so naturally he was like "i ain't gonna let that happen - they can kill somebody!" so he walks over to them and is like "HEY!!" (my friend is like 5 foot tall - a tree stump) the guy's are like "move along before you get hurt..." so this car drives by and honks so the three guys turn their heads to look at the passing car and my friend jumps up and clocks the biggest guy in the head and lays him out... the other two guys turn around and see my friend standing there in a tuxedo with their friend knocked out on the ground... he's like "what? who's next?" the two guys grabbed their friend and scrambled off.

If you were in public practice I could make a crack like: 'Did you at least leave a card on their window?'

But no, you're a noble do-gooder...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

But don't get me wrong - I love my lawyers - they are very good at what they do and protect my business...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Uki-they probably thought he was James Bond.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I am James Bond!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan