Thread: Greetings

Greetings

hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself as a new member to the forum. I've been practicing wing tsun (Leung Ting -> Kernspecht -> Haenel -> Me) for about 10 years now (on and off). Still love it! I've always had an appreciation for chinese kung fu (too bad for so much of the slack it gets) and i look forward to your guys' input and discussion.
    Grasshopper 2.0

Compact, portable home gym system perfect for martial artists!
    Maximize your STRIKING POWER!

www.mightygrasshopper.com
    Health, wellness, fitness and nutritional product reviews!

Check out my Wing Tsun Kung Fu Blog
    It's kung fu but with an honest perspective!
    Updated Mondays and Wednesdays

"This ain't Hollywood's kung fu!"

www.functionalwingtsun.com

Want to try? Hit up
    www.wingtsunkungfu.com

welcome to the forum.

just read your blog about the suprise attack. good stuff. i did not notice anything regarding pressing the attack by taking the initiative yourself and taking the element of suprise into your own hands (under the scenario of the instigator being in your face yelling and such)

what are your opinions on that particular thought?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

good point and thanks for dropping by! the assumption that the surprise attack is..well a surprise attack. Something that you REALLY can't prepare for and in which the attacker can get off a punch before you can really do anything about it. I mean, sure maybe you can initiate the attack, but then no surprise attack was ever thrown. so you're more the instigator than the defender (sure may not be what your intentions are - since you intend to prevent getting hit, but taken from a third party observer it looks like you just pounced the guy).
    Grasshopper 2.0

Compact, portable home gym system perfect for martial artists!
    Maximize your STRIKING POWER!

www.mightygrasshopper.com
    Health, wellness, fitness and nutritional product reviews!

Check out my Wing Tsun Kung Fu Blog
    It's kung fu but with an honest perspective!
    Updated Mondays and Wednesdays

"This ain't Hollywood's kung fu!"

www.functionalwingtsun.com

Want to try? Hit up
    www.wingtsunkungfu.com

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper 2.0 View Post
    good point and thanks for dropping by! the assumption that the surprise attack is..well a surprise attack. Something that you REALLY can't prepare for and in which the attacker can get off a punch before you can really do anything about it. I mean, sure maybe you can initiate the attack, but then no surprise attack was ever thrown. so you're more the instigator than the defender (sure may not be what your intentions are - since you intend to prevent getting hit, but taken from a third party observer it looks like you just pounced the guy).
    haha ya true true. i see what your saying.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.