Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Dunphy gets slapped with restraining order!

Joe Dunphy gets slapped with restraining order!

This just in: Joe Dunphy head instructor of US Martial Arts & Tai Chi Academy in Gaithersburg MD and Huang ChienLiang's senior disciple recently called Master Dennis Brown and threatened him and his family. At first Joe told Master Brown to change some facts on his website concerning the true history of Tien Shan Pai. He went on to tell Master Brown that he had “30 disciples who would take a bullet” over this issue and “they will come in waves”. At first Master Brown was amused until Joe said “they will come after his family”. This is when Master Brown became concerned since he was scheduled to leave town the following day. He called the police to ask them to watch his home while he was away. The police said they would do that but when he returns he must file police report. Master Brown filed report and was required to file restraining order. Joe was subpoenaed and testified in court. The judge asked him if he had made the call and Joe said “no”. Then the judge informed him that they would check the phone records which prompted Joe to have a sudden recollection. He told the judge that he was “just trying to help”, and that he was trying to “protect Master Brown from harm”. Of course the judge saw through this feeble alibi and slapped him with restraining order. He also informed Joe that if anything happens to Master Brown or his family, the police will come to his school during class and put him in handcuffs in front of his students and haul him to jail holding him personally responsible for the actions of his brainwashed lackeys.
    Also during break in the trial Master Brown was waiting in hallway across from Joe. That’s when he was approached by several bailiffs who recognized him. They gave Master Brown formal salute and told him that they studied kung fu and knew his reputation because their teachers had spoken highly of him. They went and informed the judge of his stellar reputation to the dismay of poor Joe.
    Now Joe must avoid Master Brown, he cannot be on the same side of street or same building-Joe must flee. This is part of public record and can be easily verified.
    Furthermore Master Brown called Huang to inform him of the actions of his chief disciple. Huang alleged he knew nothing about it yet asked Master Brown to change website. This implies that Huang was in collusion with Joe.
    Some points I would like to make. First Master Brown is senior disciple of Master Willy Lin who was first to teach TSP in US. Master Brown taught Huang ChienLiang TSP when he first came to US. This is verified by several eye witnesses. Joe and Huang have been attempting to mislead the public about the true history of TSP both modern and ancient for their own profit. They actually claim that TSP is over 2000 years old! This despite the fact that the style is recorded in Nanjing ZhongYang as having been created in 1930s! Huang continues to pretend that he is “supreme grandmaster” of TSP despite the fact that NO ONE in Taiwan from Grandmaster Wang’s school even knows who he is. In fact recently they have become aware of his false claims and have issued formal challenge to Huang. Huang has yet to answer this challenge perhaps due to the fact that he was recently kicked out of GuoShu federation for fraud.
    http://sites.google.com/site/tiensha...news-and-notes
    Chinese martial arts are noble and positive. We do not need wannabe gangsters or flim flam fakesters sullying our art. This is a concern to all hard working Kung Fu teachers who do not need bad press. This kind of behavior should be called out and repudiated by us all or public will have false impression on all of us. Friends don’t let friends train with punks!
    For the true, documented, and verifiable history of TSP please refer to:
    http://www.linkungfu.com/tips.php

Also the page on Master Brown’s website that made Joes and his flunkies so upset is here:
    http://dennisbrownshaolin.com/GrandMasterBrown.html
    In conclusion, no amount of empty threats or actual violence can change the facts. Huang and his cult can try to rewrite history but they can’t change it. The facts, evidence, documents, eyewitnesses, and consensus all show, crystal clear, that Huang is grandmaster IN HIS OWN IMAGINATION ONLY.

lol.

wtf?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    lol.

wtf?
    shhh! waves of ninjas will descend on your family...

So?

This happens hundreds of times every day in the US?

Let me ask this: Does your Master know you are coming on this board to continue and egg on some sort of feud?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    So?

Let me ask this: Does your Master know you are coming on this board to continue and egg on some sort of feud?
    it's about the ninjas man, waves of bullet-taking ninjas...

I'm telling you for the last time: Change that website!!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

A f uck is offered by whom, precisely?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    A f uck is offered by whom, precisely?
    clearly by the OP-er who wants to score some lickery points...

Oh really?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    So?

?
    Oh really? I've been involved in Chinese martial arts for almost 30 years and I never heard of anyone threatening another teachers family over a website.
    This is a first for me but I tend to associate myself with responsible mature members of martial arts family. Guess it depends on who you choose for company...
    -TSW?

Maturity is in short stock here.

Whispers aside((((((((((Beware of the ninja trolls, they're airwhere!!)))))))))))))))
    Click links for profile updates!!

ninja troll
    ninja troll kansuke
    ninja troll
    ninja troll
    ninja troll
    ninja troll
    ninja troll
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by tianshanwhy View Post
    Oh really? I've been involved in Chinese martial arts for almost 30 years and I never heard of anyone threatening another teachers family over a website.
    This is a first for me but I tend to associate myself with responsible mature members of martial arts family. Guess it depends on who you choose for company...
    -TSW?
    Websites are nothing
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

well at least someone has an overinflated sense of self importance. lol

waves of bullet taking ninjas indeed.

what a load of shit.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

It seems over the past few yrs, Sifu Huang has been getting his rep blown up. Sifu Marshall really detailed alot last year on this forum and others from his own research, and explicit records from his sifu. I don't think I saw any response or follow up from Sifu Huang.
    Now, at least through this post, it looks like Sifu Dunphy perhaps thought he had a claim to GM of Tien Shan Pai in America and felt compelled to come at Sifu Brown. They both (Sifu Huang and Sifu Dunphy) probably should have thought this through more on a lot of levels. Sifu Brown is as respected as any other teacher up and down the east coast, and anyone that has met him knows he could care less about any political garbage as long as it keeps him and his out of it. I hope Sifu Brown brings a team to the Baltimore tourney this year. That would be fun to watch.

yeah i take back all the mean things i said about marshall (albeit like 5 years ago).
    at the time i thought he was just being a d!ck, but he was clearly onto something.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

except for a few, that whole group is just wacky
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv