Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Dunphy gets slapped with restraining order!

hi thanks for the info
    tian shan is a desolat mountin at western china border i never heard of any people living there let a lone a martial art sect there why are they called tian shan pai? is it a new made up style??

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    is it a new made up style??
    Depends on who you ask. They're at least a few generations old.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

64 +/- .... or so they say.... *shrug* and joe dunphy is a legitimate bada$$ tuff SOB...... the "beef" is, well....
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    best rationalization for blatant pot-stirring ever posted!
    Reminds me of Chinese saying, "You can't stop water from boiling by stirring it"

You seem to be using same logic as Iranian Gov't. They are shutting down internet and banning reporting for same reason you're suggesting.
    How is NOT reporting facts and information helpful? How does that serve the victims. How is sharing facts and information harmful? Should we bury our heads in the sand?
    This pot was boiling over way before I came here and reported it.

Quote Originally Posted by tianshanwhy View Post
    You seem to be using same logic as Iranian Gov't. They are shutting down internet and banning reporting for same reason you're suggesting.
    LOL! please - that is the lamest attempt at comparison I've heard in ages; hmmm, let's see - you think that my qualifying what your post as pot-stirring because it is loaded w/inflammatory comments about Huang and Dunphy is equivalent to an autocratic theocracy systematically and violently repressing its own people justifying it based on their interpretation of Islamic Law; oh yea, that's TOTALLY the same logical basis ; but nice try, rejecting my opinion by comparing me to the IRANIAN GOVERNMENT

How is NOT reporting facts and information helpful? How does that serve the victims.
    victims? what victims? there were no vicitms - no one was assaulted, injured, etc.; threats were made; the legal system was utilized; furhermore, did the "victims" say, "hey, tianshanwhy, ya know, I feel really victimized, and need you to help me by posting all about Dunphy and Huang on KFM, because, you know, that will serve me."; dude, the "victims" were helped and served by the law - what you post does nothing more than re-open the wound; Dunphy made threats; he was a douche for doing that; he was dealt with; how is what you are doing "helping" anyone?

How is sharing facts and information harmful?
    hey Reuters, you could have shared the "facts" in about three sentences; what you posted was a laundry-woman's litany of juicy gossip bits that is obviously intended to get people worked up; don't play so innocent - it's offensive to anyone with intelligence;

Should we bury our heads in the sand?
    what's this "we" sh1t? why should 99% of the population on this board give a cr@p about the fact that one CMA guy got threatened by another and now there's a restraining order in place? it's not about suppressing information, as you so dramatically suggest via your comparisson of me to the Revolutionary Guard - rather, it seems that your agenda is to use this information to impact Dunphy in ways beyond what the law has decided; you are basically "warning" people away from him, suggesting that his behavior should make people thinnk twice about studying with him; which is fine if you want to do that, but at least be honest about your agenda - you are not "just" reporting facts, you are trying very concertedly to influence people's opinion about Dunphy in a negative way; to hide behind the facade of "objective reporting" is pretty lame;

This pot was boiling over way before I came here and reported it.
    yeah, and then you added a few logs to the fire

This just in: Joe Dunphy head instructor of US Martial Arts & Tai Chi Academy in Gaithersburg MD and Huang ChienLiang's senior disciple recently called Master Dennis Brown and threatened him and his family. At first Joe told Master Brown to change some facts on his website concerning the true history of Tien Shan Pai. He went on to tell Master Brown that he had “30 disciples who would take a bullet” over this issue and “they will come in waves”. At first Master Brown was amused until Joe said “they will come after his family”. This is when Master Brown became concerned since he was scheduled to leave town the following day. He called the police to ask them to watch his home while he was away. The police said they would do that but when he returns he must file police report. Master Brown filed report and was required to file restraining order. Joe was subpoenaed and testified in court. The judge asked him if he had made the call and Joe said “no”. Then the judge informed him that they would check the phone records which prompted Joe to have a sudden recollection. He told the judge that he was “just trying to help”, and that he was trying to “protect Master Brown from harm”. Of course the judge saw through this feeble alibi and slapped him with restraining order. He also informed Joe that if anything happens to Master Brown or his family, the police will come to his school during class and put him in handcuffs in front of his students and haul him to jail holding him personally responsible for the actions of his brainwashed lackeys.
    Also during break in the trial Master Brown was waiting in hallway across from Joe. That’s when he was approached by several bailiffs who recognized him. They gave Master Brown formal salute and told him that they studied kung fu and knew his reputation because their teachers had spoken highly of him. They went and informed the judge of his stellar reputation to the dismay of poor Joe.
    so, Mr. Ace-Reporter: for all of the above, please cite your sources: if you are "just reporting the facts", then all of the above should be verifiable through reliable sources (court documents, transcripts, police reports, newspaper articles etc.); although, I am guessing that you were basically told all of this second or third hand in the changing room at the school...

Now Joe must avoid Master Brown, he cannot be on the same side of street or same building-Joe must flee. This is part of public record and can be easily verified.
    great; so verify it (and not by providing a link to the MD court database with no other identifying info - you brought it up, you provide a direct link to the documentation)

Furthermore Master Brown called Huang to inform him of the actions of his chief disciple. Huang alleged he knew nothing about it yet asked Master Brown to change website. This implies that Huang was in collusion with Joe.
    and you were privy to this conversation? otherwise it "implies" nothing, since it's hearsay

Some points I would like to make. First Master Brown is senior disciple of Master Willy Lin who was first to teach TSP in US. Master Brown taught Huang ChienLiang TSP when he first came to US. This is verified by several eye witnesses. Joe and Huang have been attempting to mislead the public about the true history of TSP both modern and ancient for their own profit. They actually claim that TSP is over 2000 years old! This despite the fact that the style is recorded in Nanjing ZhongYang as having been created in 1930s! Huang continues to pretend that he is “supreme grandmaster” of TSP despite the fact that NO ONE in Taiwan from Grandmaster Wang’s school even knows who he is. In fact recently they have become aware of his false claims and have issued formal challenge to Huang. Huang has yet to answer this challenge perhaps due to the fact that he was recently kicked out of GuoShu federation for fraud.
    http://sites.google.com/site/tiensha...news-and-notes
    Chinese martial arts are noble and positive. We do not need wannabe gangsters or flim flam fakesters sullying our art. This is a concern to all hard working Kung Fu teachers who do not need bad press. This kind of behavior should be called out and repudiated by us all or public will have false impression on all of us. Friends don’t let friends train with punks!
    For the true, documented, and verifiable history of TSP please refer to:
    http://www.linkungfu.com/tips.php
    see ALL of that last bit (and parts of the others) has NOTHING to do with you "reporting the facts" about Joe Dunphy being given a restraining order against Dennis Brown; rather, it is a bunch of subjective opinions that you feel are now justified by the outcome of the legal case; which they may well be; but don't pretend that you are "just reporting the facts" when you state them;

Also the page on Master Brown’s website that made Joes and his flunkies so upset is here:
    http://dennisbrownshaolin.com/GrandMasterBrown.html
    In conclusion, no amount of empty threats or actual violence can change the facts. Huang and his cult can try to rewrite history but they can’t change it. The facts, evidence, documents, eyewitnesses, and consensus all show, crystal clear, that Huang is grandmaster IN HIS OWN IMAGINATION ONLY.
    again, this is obviously nothing more than an attempt on your part to damage Huang's credibility; WHICH IS FINE - go ahead, drag the man through the mud, personally I don't care - I don't know either of them and really don't give a rat's asz if your posting results in their "empire" crumbling to the ground - and maybe they do in fact deserve that to happen - but don't play innocent, don't have the audacity to suggest that you are a altruistically just "reporting the facts" - you're here to paint Huang and Dunphy in a negative light, possibly to stroke your personal ego at the same time as the bearer of important news, and to do so you provide at this point non-referenced "evidence" mixed w/a big dose of personal opinion and sprinkled liberally w/moralistic and judgmental comments; and that's called "stirring the pot"; since you asked...
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 06-26-2009 at 08:14 AM.

my balls itch
    it's because you lack Dao

Wow

LOL! please - that is the lamest attempt at comparison I've heard in ages; hmmm, let's see - you think that my qualifying what your post as pot-stirring because it is loaded w/inflammatory comments about Huang and Dunphy is equivalent to an autocratic theocracy systematically and violently repressing its own people justifying it based on their interpretation of Islamic Law; oh yea, that's TOTALLY the same logical basis ; but nice try, rejecting my opinion by comparing me to the IRANIAN GOVERNMENT

victims? what victims? there were no vicitms - no one was assaulted, injured, etc.; threats were made; the legal system was utilized; furhermore, did the "victims" say, "hey, tianshanwhy, ya know, I feel really victimized, and need you to help me by posting all about Dunphy and Huang on KFM, because, you know, that will serve me."; dude, the "victims" were helped and served by the law - what you post does nothing more than re-open the wound; Dunphy made threats; he was a douche for doing that; he was dealt with; how is what you are doing "helping" anyone?

hey Reuters, you could have shared the "facts" in about three sentences; what you posted was a laundry-woman's litany of juicy gossip bits that is obviously intended to get people worked up; don't play so innocent - it's offensive to anyone with intelligence;

what's this "we" sh1t? why should 99% of the population on this board give a cr@p about the fact that one CMA guy got threatened by another and now there's a restraining order in place? it's not about suppressing information, as you so dramatically suggest via your comparisson of me to the Revolutionary Guard - rather, it seems that your agenda is to use this information to impact Dunphy in ways beyond what the law has decided; you are basically "warning" people away from him, suggesting that his behavior should make people thinnk twice about studying with him; which is fine if you want to do that, but at least be honest about your agenda - you are not "just" reporting facts, you are trying very concertedly to influence people's opinion about Dunphy in a negative way; to hide behind the facade of "objective reporting" is pretty lame;

yeah, and then you added a few logs to the fire

so, Mr. Ace-Reporter: for all of the above, please cite your sources: if you are "just reporting the facts", then all of the above should be verifiable through reliable sources (court documents, transcripts, police reports, newspaper articles etc.); although, I am guessing that you were basically told all of this second or third hand in the changing room at the school...

great; so verify it (and not by providing a link to the MD court database with no other identifying info - you brought it up, you provide a direct link to the documentation)

and you were privy to this conversation? otherwise it "implies" nothing, since it's hearsay

see ALL of that last bit (and parts of the others) has NOTHING to do with you "reporting the facts" about Joe Dunphy being given a restraining order against Dennis Brown; rather, it is a bunch of subjective opinions that you feel are now justified by the outcome of the legal case; which they may well be; but don't pretend that you are "just reporting the facts" when you state them;

again, this is obviously nothing more than an attempt on your part to damage Huang's credibility; WHICH IS FINE - go ahead, drag the man through the mud, personally I don't care - I don't know either of them and really don't give a rat's asz if your posting results in their "empire" crumbling to the ground - and maybe they do in fact deserve that to happen - but don't play innocent, don't have the audacity to suggest that you are a altruistically just "reporting the facts" - you're here to paint Huang and Dunphy in a negative light, possibly to stroke your personal ego at the same time as the bearer of important news, and to do so you provide at this point non-referenced "evidence" mixed w/a big dose of personal opinion and sprinkled liberally w/moralistic and judgmental comments; and that's called "stirring the pot"; since you asked...
    I wish I could have come up with a reply that is this good. You pretty much took what I was thinking and destroyed him with it. I'm sure my post wouldn't have been near as well laid out.

Some people like to gossip and stir up crap like high school female click. That is all they'll ever be good at because it is all they live for. Being a 'hanger-on' is never attractive.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

As someone who's received hostile and threatening private messages from the anti Huang Chien-Liang group before over a case of mistaken identity (thought I was someone else) I can't say I'm impressed by either group.

Anyway, post the court record. I think it'll be more interesting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    I'm telling you for the last time: Change that website!!!!
    dot .
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Tsp

hi thanks for the info
    tian shan is a desolat mountin at western china border i never heard of any people living there let a lone a martial art sect there why are they called tian shan pai? is it a new made up style??
    Joe Dunphy is Huangs senior disciple. These guys have been claiming 64th (and 65th respectfully) generation grandmaster of Tien Shan Pai kung fu.
    Unfortunately there are no 64 generations and he was never appointed as GM. Its from Nanjing- there is no style originating in Tian Shan. In fact the style is heavily documented as originating less that 100 years ago and Huang is unknown in the class in Taiwan where it was formulated. In fact since they have heard Huangs claims they have issued standing challenge to him. He dare not show his face. So This Dunphy episode is only latest chapter in drama. The reason the threats were made is because Dennis Brown posted facts about origin of style and blasted the david carradine fable they have been shilling.
    The one who brought the style (and Huang) to US was Willy Lin. He was there and has all the documents and proof. His website is
    www.linkungfu.com
    word out
    -TS?

Dear Taai,

“LOL! please - that is the lamest attempt at comparison I've heard in ages; hmmm, let's see - you think that my qualifying what your post as pot-stirring because it is loaded w/inflammatory comments about Huang and Dunphy is equivalent to an autocratic theocracy systematically and violently repressing its own people justifying it based on their interpretation of Islamic Law; oh yea, that's TOTALLY the same logical basis ; but nice try, rejecting my opinion by comparing me to the IRANIAN GOVERNMENT”

Oops- You missed the analogy-way off son! I was comparing you calling me “pot stirrer” to Iranian govt calling media “pot stirrers” for reporting protests. Got it? Didn’t say you were executing Sharia law- don’t know where you got that from. Read this it may help you understand the comparison:
    ‘The deputy head of Iran's National Security and Foreign Policy committee, Hossein Sobhaninia, called this week for steps against CNN and the BBC, whose Farsi-language satellite channel is hugely popular here.
    Without a doubt, foreign media, and especially the BBC's Persian service and radio, are the main orchestrators of disorder in the country, guiding rioting elements that support neither the candidates nor the Islamic revolution, Sobhaninia said Tuesday.’ -Wash Post

You suggesting that I am creating disorder by posting here is same as these clowns blaming media. Got it?

“victims? what victims? there were no victims”

I couldn’t disagree more. Don’t you think the Brown family is victimized by this? How would you feel if your family was threatened by a gang of lunatics? Anyone trying to promote positive martial arts is set back by this behavior. It makes kung fu look like kobra kai. Maybe you don’t care about public perception of martial arts but believe me, many people do.

“no one was assaulted, injured, etc.; threats were made; the legal system was utilized… the "victims" were helped and served by the law”

And by the magic of MD law the threat just goes away-poof! I’m sure the Brown family (and anyone else these guys may have threatened) can sleep better now with your confidant reassurances.

“did the "victims" say, "hey, tianshanwhy, ya know, I feel really victimized, and need you to help me by posting all about Dunphy and Huang on KFM, because, you know, that will serve me."

I actually posted this on my own after learning the facts because I was shocked and abhorred. I thought the martial arts community should repudiate these clowns and would be wise not to associate with them. Do you like to associate yourself with this sort of company? Who told you to post here and cast dispersions? Did someone say, “Hey Taai can you please review all these statements and see if you detect any bias? Because I’m not able to do it myself.”

“dude, - what you post does nothing more than re-open the wound”

But threatening Dennis Brown’s family was just the healing salve that martial arts community needed? Great logic! Again blaming the messenger.

“Dunphy made threats; he was a douche for doing that; he was dealt with; how is what you are doing "helping" anyone?”

Perhaps you could use your imagination. ‘Why didn’t someone post this incident online before I enrolled my children in Joe Dunphy’s kung fu class? Now that my son is tangerine belt I find out he’s a douche!’ Some people search online for information about instructor before enrolling children in case you didn’t know. It’s funny how parents like to know about this stuff.

“hey Reuters, you could have shared the "facts" in about three sentences”

Oops Taai sounds like you were looking for AP- you got the wrong url. This is kung fu chat forum.

“what you posted was a laundry-woman's litany of juicy gossip bits that is obviously intended to get people worked up; don't play so innocent - it's offensive to anyone with intelligence”

LOL- My plan sure did work as far as you were concerned. Success! ~diabolicaly rubs hands together~ Ha!

“what's this "we" sh1t?”

“We” refers to the folks who are or have been exposing these guys. If you followed story you would know that it was Master Brown posting facts about TSP on website that got Dunphy off the rails.

“why should 99% of the population on this board give a cr@p about the fact that one CMA guy got threatened by another and now there's a restraining order in place?”

Why would 99% care what someone who doesn’t know or doesn’t care thinks? It hasn’t stopped you from throwing in your 2 cents.

“it seems that your agenda is to use this information to impact Dunphy in ways beyond what the law has decided; you are basically "warning" people away from him, suggesting that his behavior should make people thinnk twice about studying with him; which is fine if you want to do that”

Oh thank you for your permission great internet authority. It’s the least I could do really.

“but at least be honest about your agenda - you are not "just" reporting facts, you are trying very concertedly to influence people's opinion about Dunphy in a negative way”

Darn foiled again! How do you manage to see through my subterfuge? Lol! Considering what this clique is doing-its not hard to “influence people's opinion about Dunphy in a negative way”. In fact they make it sooo easy!

“to hide behind the facade of "objective reporting" is pretty lame”

I noticed you can’t challenge my objective report. In fact you are talking less and less about what happened and more and more about me. That’s pretty lame considering what Dunphy and his lot have done.

“yeah, and then you added a few logs to the fire”

Waite- thought you said I was pot stirrer? Now I’m also “log adder”?

“so, Mr. Ace-Reporter: for all of the above, please cite your sources: if you are "just reporting the facts", then all of the above should be verifiable through reliable sources (court documents, transcripts, police reports, newspaper articles etc.); although, I am guessing that you were basically told all of this second or third hand in the changing room at the school...”

All the players in this drama are listed. Already posted court info. It seems so important to you (otherwise you wouldn’t waste precious time posting here). You are free to verify my claims yourself. It’s easy to do. Better than casting dispersions on this thread and way more satisfying. I’ve given you the ball Tai, will you run or punt? I have several credible sources, but again, you don’t need to take my word for it. You can check for yourself (not that you care or anything).

“… has NOTHING to do with you "reporting the facts" about Joe Dunphy being given a restraining order against Dennis Brown; rather, it is a bunch of subjective opinions that you feel are now justified by the outcome of the legal case; which they may well be; but don't pretend that you are "just reporting the facts" when you state them;”

Oh no Mr Jameson!- are you firing me from, the Bugle? All of my “subjective opinions” are supported by objective facts. Huang has been misleading public for years. This Joe Dunphy drama is only latest chapter. It is further evidence of this lunatic fringe. Maybe calling people who threaten families “lunatics” or “punks” is what gets your goat. Maybe you don’t like when I call people who make outrageous claims for profit “flim flam”. Maybe you should get news from wall street journal. People say a lot worse things about people here than me. And my claims are rock solid and easily verifiable.

“again, this is obviously nothing more than an attempt on your part to damage Huang's credibility; WHICH IS FINE - go ahead, drag the man through the mud, personally I don't care”

Oh thank you great one for granting your permission! It must get so tiring letting us all know what is fine to post and what is not. Thank you for the “go ahead”! But…For someone who doesn’t care you sure have been a busy little bee! LOL

“ - I don't know either of them and really don't give a rat's asz if your posting results in their "empire" crumbling to the ground - and maybe they do in fact deserve that to happen - but don't play innocent, don't have the audacity to suggest that you are a altruistically just "reporting the facts" - you're here to paint Huang and Dunphy in a negative light”

It must get weary patrolling internet detecting personal bias in posts. Luckily you were here to point out that I was expressing my opinion. Otherwise unsuspecting readers may have missed it. Congrats on your tireless public service!

“possibly to stroke your personal ego at the same time as the bearer of important news”

Aaaah the stroke…

-TS?

grand ultimate twit

it's because you lack Dao
    Thanks for the diagnosis Dr Dao! Hey Zhuang Zi- You should check out this book called ‘dao de jing”.

‘He who knows (the Tao) does not (care to) speak (about it); he who is (ever ready to) speak about it does not know it.’

Oh wise one- when you’re not patrolling internet or riding your ox backward maybe you can elucidate us on this passage.

I wish...
    -TS?

Kinda like the first two rules of Fight Club.

Dear Taai,

<etc. etc.>

-TS?
    learn to use the quote function; otherwise, that was just more of the same (and rather a lot of it)